Mahindra XUV500 (W201): First Impressions Pg.29 Onwards

features list is looking mouth watering but guys..cant say anything now only by features. we need to see real design and pricing also. then conclude..hope mahindra dont adds some cheap truck kinda bits like in xylo and scorpio..

Confirmed! It has disc brakes on all 4 wheels. i am a fan already!

So here goes the updated list again-

So the updated list is-
1) Automatic Climate control
2) Automatic wipers
3) Automatic headlights
4) Cruise control
5) GPS screen with vehicle info like in Xylo
6) 6 speed gearbox
7) Volume controls on steering
8) Tyre pressure sensors
9) Reverse sensors
10) Airbags
11) AWD
12) ABS with EBD
13) Electronic Stability Program
14) Traction Control system
15) Front & Rear Disc brakes
16) Hill terrain Assist
17) 140-150 bhp mHawk engine
18) Daytime running LEDs
19) 17" Alloy wheels
20) Individual AC vents for rear passengers
Yeah!! Now that's what I call a Complete SUV to fight against the other contenders! And I am pretty sure this is going to be a huge Blockbuster by M & M.
Well, regarding the safety, I think all versions will get driver and front passenger Airbags, and we can expect another two in the Top version probably. There are a lot of features which Mahindra is providing in this Hunk which aren't even present in the expensive Fortuner or the Endy, so this is definitely going to be a head turner on roads. I am really excited and tempted to grab one soon after the Launch!Bring it on[clap]

Well, before we start debating on stripped version is fair or not, here is a stat.

Endy, Pajero, Fortuner,Outlander X-Trail, all come with 2 Airbags, so expecting 6 airbags is like expecting snowfall in Rajasthan.

And as for whether it is fair or not, well see the Indica Vista, in Europe it has 4 Airbags, and here in India, only 2.
If i am right the X-trail top-end model has 6 airbags , but yes its costs more than all the above cars!

Providing all listed possibilities may not be possible.
As in India cost play's a major role.
May be they will launch the features gradually & slowly.
And what i can say is Automatic climate control would have been surely implimented by now, As all Scorpio owners were in desperate need of this feature.
Rear disc brakes means more tyre wear.

Yes, This is strange [confused] @Mukesh, I don't think there should be any such possibility. Rear disc brakes have nothing to do with the Tyre wear I guess. In-fact this monster really deserves all 4 disc brakes considering its size and weight for safe and effective braking...

Assuming that the car is Rear-WD, Already the tyres will be powered to rear tyres.
That causes natural wear, But braking with Disc brakes causes further wear of the tyre is my view.

Yes, This is strange [confused] @Mukesh, I don't think there should be any such possibility. Rear disc brakes have nothing to do with the Tyre wear I guess. In-fact this monster really deserves all 4 disc brakes considering its size and weight for safe and effective braking...
ABS with 4 channel with EBD is all required rather than all 4 disc brakes.

As in Scorpio it's a 3 channel ABS, which is working quite well when needed the most.

Assuming that the car is Rear-WD, Already the tyres will be powered to rear tyres.
That causes natural wear, But braking with Disc brakes causes further wear of the tyre is my view.
According to mahindra officials, when AWD is switched off, the car will be front wheel driven.

Even if its RWD, as long as your wheel balancing & alignment is right, disc brakes wont wear the tyre.

going by your logic, most sedans are FWD & have front disc brakes, so their front tyres should wear more than rear ones, but that is not the case.

ABS with 4 channel with EBD is all required rather than all 4 disc brakes.
Sorry, i beg to differ. Disc brakes give more bite, better braking feel & more effective braking. it reduces the braking distance. whats the use of EBD & ABS when the car takes forever to stop? EBD & ABS can only be complemented by good brakes & for good braking, disc brakes on all four wheels are essential.

Manufacturers opt for drum brakes in rear wheels in low end cars to save costs. all high end cars & even high end bikes (even Pulsar 220 & Apache RTR) has rear disc brakes.

As in Scorpio it's a 3 channel ABS, which is working quite well when needed the most.
4 channel ABS does not require 4 disc brakes to work, it just needs 4 sensors on each side. Safari & innova has a 4 channel ABS & both of them have rear drum brakes.

A 4 channel ABS is safer than a 3 channel one.

@Raj: Atleast scorpio is doing justice with 3 channel ABS.
A car with rear drums, 3 or 4 channels ABS with EBD and a Car with all 4 Disc barkes with ABS and EBD has a lot of difference while Braking. Now just for an example, If you have driven a Toyota Corolla Altis (top end petrol), it has all 4 Disc with ABS and EBD, there is tremendous difference in bite. Its just a small touch needed on the Brake pedal, and this car halts without any complaints, even in the case of a Honda Civic.
@raj, yes all premium cars have all wheel Discs as they offer high safety. The Corolla is used by my sister and I have never seen the rear tires wearing out faster.. Its 35k on the odo so far, running on the original tires [cheers]

@ Raj No buddy in my Verna my front tyres wear out sooner than the rear ones , the obvious reason i think must be due to disc brakes. So i support Mukesh here , all wheel discs will cause sooner wear out of all tyres but improves safety! But as you said all premium vehicles comes with all disc brakes and so i expect the same in this car too!

Even when i TD Laura and Jetta which has 4 disc brakes the bite was more. Slight pressure is enough to bring the car to a gradual halt. As i am used to driving Safari and Verna driving a Laura and a Jetta needed some adjustment while braking!

@ dhaya: i think it is because your verna, being a diesel, carries much more weight in front than in the rear (diesel engines are heavy) & hence, faster wear of front tyres.

maybe hyundai has not altered the suspension setting of the diesel from the petrol verna sufficiently to counter the tyre wear.

i have been driving diesel cars with front disc brakes for years now & have never noticed this.

Also, i fail to understand the logic behind this. how can disc brakes cause more wear? Tyre will wear more under panic braking because of skidding. with ABS, even that is reduced. i agree that disc brakes are more effective & will cause the tyres to stop faster, when compared with drum brakes. but its not everyday that you do these emergency braking causing the tyre to skid & wear.

Guys the latest news is M&M is launching this product in the premium segment.
The cost will be 28-35 lakhs.

More to be updated!!!!!!

AMG

Suspended
Guys the latest news is M&M is launching this product in the premium segment.
The cost will be 28-35 lakhs.
OMG

[frustration]

What are Mahindra thinking?

They can never get their quality up to even Honda standards and they are thinking of taking on the Germans.

Top Bottom