Mahindra XUV500 (W201): First Impressions Pg.29 Onwards

350Z

Core Team
In my view, this will not compete with Tata Aria. Both are altogether the different concepts. The Aria is a cross-over MUV where as the Mahindra’s World car is a grown up and full fledged Sports Utility Vehicle.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Guys believe me i saw this car actually outside my college zooming in the highway ( my college is situated 40 kms away from Chennai city on a national highway). Couldn click it , it was heavily camouflaged. But it looked huge , even bigger than the Scorpio!

@350Z: Yes Indeed its the SUV to watch out for and I believe that this is going to Rock Indian roads by mid 2011 as read on other sources. This will be the first Luxury SUV from Mahindra and off course from a Truly Indian company. This is going to set a benchmark for Indian companies in SUV segment and guys, please keep the Aria away form this one as I feel that this World SUV will be a segment higher in term sof Quality and overall Build of this upcoming Beast with price tag between 14 to 16 Lakhs. Its party time for Fortuner, but its going to end once this Monster is launched. Keep watching! [gun]

Spied SUV-Captiva?

I saw this all covered SUV,near Porur junction,it was parked on road side,and when the driver saw people getting it's attention,he started the engine and throttled away through the traffic like a bicycle passing inbtween cars.I had a tough time to catch up with him. The rims looked like that of Captiva,but,it could be the Santa-Fe or the Captiva Extreme,not confirmed yet.He drove it,literally ripping through the traffic,credit goes to the driver.

DSC09214.jpg

DSC09215.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for sharing the spy shot images, Surender. This is looking more like a Mahindra World-SUV rather than a Santa-Fe or Captiva. Please share some more images, if you have.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks for sharing the spy shot images, Surender. This is looking more like a Mahindra World-SUV rather than a Santa-Fe or Captiva. Please share some more images, if you have.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Pleasure is mine.Sorry,as i said it was tough time to catch up with him,i couldn't manage any other snap.

Thread Starter #40
Surendar,

Are you sure that is Captiva ?

I spotted the same & its Mahindra's New SUV.

I had a look at interiors are there was a big M&M logo embossed on Steering wheel.

Hey guys, that's the Mahindra's new World SUV for sure. The rear of the vehicle truly says that its a Mahindra's World SUV. I feel happy to hear that this boy is having a peppy engine as it escaped through heavy traffic like a bicycle..[lol]

Surendar,

Are you sure that is Captiva ?

I spotted the same & its Mahindra's New SUV.

I had a look at interiors are there was a big M&M logo embossed on Steering wheel.
Not sure,but,i felt that the rims looked similar to that of Captiva,as it was parked only for a couple of seconds.Any photos of this SUV?

From what i have heard, read & seen till now, the following features can be safely assumed to be present in the top end W201 (mahindra world SUV):

1) Automatic Climate control
2) Automatic wipers
3) Automatic headlights
4) Cruise control
5) GPS screen with vehicle info like in Xylo
6) 6 speed gearbox
7) Volume controls on steering
8) Tyre pressure sensors
9) Reverse sensors
10) Airbags
11) AWD
12) ABS with EBD