Mahindra XUV500 (W201): First Impressions Pg.29 Onwards

350Z

Core Team
This is mahindra's "world SUV"! speculations are that it has the most modern features you expect in a 15L SUV, it has daytime running LEDs, maybe a 150-160bhp diesel mill & stuff. i am waiting for it!
When I saw the first image, I thought that those are the Audi Q7 like LEDs outlined on the headlamp, now you have confirmed it! This is definitely one SUV to watch out for.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Hi Bala, Please re-size the images before posting for the convenience of others. You can read more details here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have seen the pics elsewhere & its really amazing, especially the central console & the instrument cluster. the console has a huge screen on top & very stylish AC vents & below that a double din slot for HU & below that auto climate control buttons. the chrome rings of the intrument cluster looks great & since the vehicle has 2 exhausts, it would look great.

Somewhere i read that it has electronic seats, 4WD, triple row AC (the rear AC vents on the pillars like in the Aria), xenon headlights with daytime running LEDs, etc. I wish it costs 14-16 lakhs max.

Nice pics Bala. I'm pretty sure this is the first Mahindra designed smoothely, without any awkward protrusions nor any bulbous parts.

Looking great and finally daytime LED'S from our very own Mahindra! The car is being tested in Chennai so have to keep my eyes wide open.

So a competitor to Aria? When is this expected to launch?

Mahindra and Tata are lacking in the time of launching they are toooo late in any launch. See the aria if my memories are clear it has been a romour for around 2 or more years ?

Yeh, that is true. But there are many factors for this:

1. Both M&M and TATA are eying the global market. They are no longer interested in the domestic market only.
  2. To launch an international extensive research and testing in various geographies, terrain and climate is required. this obviously is a time consuming affair.
  3. Both TATA and M&M has learned from the mistakes TATA had committed with Safari in Europe. They can hardly afford a set back any more.
  4. The product should be top in quality with 5 star rating to pull customers from European,US, Japanese and Korean manufactures with whom they are accustomed to. This is not an easy task.
  5. Even one single minute flaw will be highlighted too much by the international media and govt. who are already concerned about the growing Indian power. Just see how US manufactures collectively tampered Japaneses car market in US because of some recalls. In fact US manufactures products are much worse, but they managed to ruin it and the result was growth in their sales.
And counting much more factors, painstakingly careful and accurate homework is required before any such launch. Unfortunately this comes at the expense of time as well.

Well well so there are these much of things behind the delay you nearly justified it, OK but dude is two or three years not enough?

You are damn correct about the American trend to tamper the Japanese products. [step motherly treatment really. ]

M&M is facing a law suit against them in America due to delay isn't it?

Yes, 3 years of delay is some thing we should call 'too much'. It is correct that M&M is going to face a law suit. They had promised Global Autos (their partner in US) to launch the Scorpio models soon. but it never happened due to 2 reasons. First one was a political war with US govt. on the design (heard that Jeep is behind the scene, see how they are afraid). The second and major reason was M&M was not able to compliance with safety norms something equivalent to Euro 4 / Euro 5.

First one was a political war with US govt. on the design (heard that Jeep is behind the scene, see how they are afraid).

I dint understand this part and which jeep are you talking about?
sorry I am only a beginner [roll]

It was said that M&M was not given the road compliance certificate on the ground that the design was an extract of the patented Jeep design. The issue prolonged for a while and some how got resolved; but the details are not relieved. Just do a Google. You will find some links on this, just as I did.

Top Bottom