Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova!

Your choice?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Raj 5004:
You are right that Toyotas are reliable is more of a myth but my previous experiences which include a Safari(EX-2.2) and a Scorpio(MHawk) says something else,what it says is that Toyota is far more reliable than the competition.
Right now I am driving an Innova V which has done more than 70k kms but still its running strong and I don't know if I have ever spent any big amount on maintainance till today..

Thread Starter #33
@Raj 5004:
You are right that Toyotas are reliable is more of a myth but my previous experiences which include a Safari(EX-2.2) and a Scorpio(MHawk) says something else,what it says is that Toyota is far more reliable than the competition.
Right now I am driving an Innova V which has done more than 70k kms but still its running strong and I don't know if I have ever spent any big amount on maintainance till today..
I am sure buddy. Even I have an Innova which has clocked 90,000 kms & also a scorpio which has clocked 2 lakh kms.

Of course, opinions differ as per personal experiences but I feel that Mahindras are almost there when it comes to reliability. It have have these small petty issues sometimes but it more than makes up for it by low cost of spares & cheap ownership.

I personally think that Mahindras are as reliable as Toyota , and even TATA with their recent launches like ARIA ,manza, vista have proved that they can make reliable cars

I personally think that Mahindras are as reliable as Toyota , and even TATA with their recent launches like ARIA ,manza, vista have proved that they can make reliable cars

Yes TATA and Mahindra are improving on quality and reliability.

Toyota called back millions of cars in last 2 years for fixing serious defects (some of which caused fatal accidents)

And in India they scored a self goal with the launch of Etios

Yes TATA and Mahindra are improving on quality and reliability.

Toyota called back millions of cars in last 2 years for fixing serious defects (some of which caused fatal accidents)

And in India they scored a self goal with the launch of Etios
Whoa the XOVER just crossed his hundred post [clap]
@ autosarfari
yes a car in which rain water enters at random :lol!:

Re: Mahindra XUV5OO (W201) Now Revealed: Pictures Pg.23

Comparison of SUV - I got this via Mail from friend
Nice chart mate.

Just found out that Mahindras are giving 3 yrs unlimited mileage WARRANTY on the XUV, great work by them and it also reflects the kind of confidence they have on their product.

Tata please wake up from your deep slumber and hybernation and do something quick otherwise the year old story of safari -scorpio may once again be repeated.

Thread Starter #40
Prove me wrong I am happy [:D]

I am not a fan of Toyota and will always prefer Indian brands but you can't others believe it. Its build quality I guess

Only car I like from Toyota is a Supra
The recent recalls by toyota. Mahindras & TATAs may rattle or squeak & give some small issues but they have never had life threatening issues like in Toyota's case!

Toyota's build - pathetic
Toyota's designs - average
Toyota's engine performance - average
Toyota's VFM - non existent!

it scores on space & brand value.

The recent recalls by toyota. Mahindras & TATAs may rattle or squeak & give some small issues but they have never had life threatening issues like in Toyota's case!

Toyota's build - pathetic
Toyota's designs - average
Toyota's engine performance - average
Toyota's VFM - non existent!

it scores on space & brand value.
Raj i disagree with with you on this front:

Build of toyota = awesome ,example being qualis, fortuner ,innova (do not count etios here :please: )

Designs= very good ,e.g. toyota fortuner the best looking SUV other than SAFARI, period

Engine performance =amazing, e.g. fortuner d4d will beat any tata or mahindra at will.Even in terms of reliability they are best in the world, e.g. innova's and qualis's performanmce in taxi segment.

VFM =yes not in terms of gizmos but those who look for bullet proof reliable vehicles toyota for them are GOD.
My only grouse with them is that why they launched such a cheap and pathetic car like etios for india, do they think that we indians are mindless people who have no common sense [frustration]

@ Xover
Build of toyota = awesome ,example being qualis, fortuner ,innova (do not count etios here )
When it comes to the brand image every car from the manufacturer counts really.Even in the design part Etios and Innova is not upto the mark or even worse.And you step inside the Fortuner,you will find yourself sitting in Innova itself because the interiors are just made the Innova way.

Engine performance =amazing, e.g. fortuner d4d will beat any tata or mahindra at will.Even in terms of reliability they are best in the world, e.g. innova's and qualis's performanmce in taxi segment.
What about off-road sense?,Tough body of Mahindra and Tata wins the hand of enthusiasts ,not the Japenese.

@Surfer that was a nice comparo.
Finally i say Mahindra always does its homework and enters the market.Is it not good?

@Xover
you said:

Build of toyota = awesome ,example being qualis, fortuner ,innova (do not count etios here )
When it comes to Brand image, everything counts.If not, Why people raise their voices against TATA Products if Nano catches fire? They blame TATA PRODUCT and bring bad impressions on all of their models.

Designs= very good ,e.g. toyota fortuner the best looking SUV other than SAFARI, period
Step inside the fortuner and you will be welcomed by the 90% same interiors as of Innova.

When it comes to off-road,Mahindras and Tatas(INDIANS) raises their hands not the Japenese.Mahindra's are built to withstand abuses and it is also proven.

Finally i say Mahindra alwyas does its homework.

Thread Starter #45
Raj i disagree with with you on this front:
I will explain.

Build of toyota = awesome ,example being qualis, fortuner ,innova (do not count etios here :please: )
I am talking about build strength. If you dont believe me, just press the fender or door panel of any innova or corolla, the damn thing clicks in & out. the panel is wafer thin. do this in a mahindra or tata. i prefer solid cars & toyotas are not. they want to keep weight as low as possible in interests of FE.

Please dont compare fortuner with safari, see the price difference.

compare innova to XUV, altis to civic/cruze, etc. yes, fortuner looks good but again IMO, santa fe & koleos looks much more upmarket.

They basically make bland looking vehicles IMO.

again you are comparing a 25 lac SUV to a 10 lac SUV. Compare performace of innova with scorpio/safari. Our indian SUVs beat the hell out of it.

Listen to this- at a point of time, I had both innova as well as scorpio mHawk.

when compared to innova, scorpio is heavier, scorpio has more power & scorpio has poor aerodynamics. still scorpio returned better FE. thats how outdated toyotas's engines are. even NVH of their engines is bad!

VFM =yes not in terms of gizmos but those who look for bullet proof reliable vehicles toyota for them are GOD.
yes, but they are looting us in the name of bullet proof reliability.

I will prefer a more refined & more loaded reliable vehicle rather than a bland & bare bones bullet proof reliable vehicle.

My only grouse with them is that why they launched such a cheap and pathetic car like etios for india, do they think that we indians are mindless people who have no common sense [frustration]
my grouse with them is that they launch overpriced cars here. Look at the Fortuner, what is in that car for 25 lacs? what is in the innova for 14 lacs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom