Mahindra XUV500: Technical Issues & Solutions

2 vehicles with the same problem. They need to look at it, it is frustrating on open road when the cruise control dont work. It is a Gypsey Caravette 6. Good eye

Hi All,

Need your Inputs on one of the issue I'm facing,

Noise is coming from car engine when clutch is de-pressed

The issue seems to be similar to the one mentioned in below video, whenever clutch is released I'm able to hear some strange noise from engine bay, the sound is more usually in 1st & 2nd gear, however it gradually reduces in 3rd 4th 5th..

Has anyone experience similar kind of an issue in your XUV, Please let me know

Vehicle Info
Xuv 500 W8 2012 Model
1,08,800 kms on odo

Thanks,
Sagar ks

I have purchased XUV500 from G3 Motors, Nerul, Navi Mumbai in the year November 2011 and faced a lot of problem with the servicing and also experienced many issues in the vehicle. Look wise vehicle is wonderful and the engine performance is excellent with spacious space been provided.

Sorry to mention that I feel no other car manufactured in India will have so much issue. From 2013 onwards(after 2 years from the year of purchase) I started facing the part problems due to cheap materials been used or technical failure in the interior of the car. Firstly I faced problem with one of the headlight as the plastic used for the outer cover of the lamp is of cheap quality. Then started experiencing many other problems, such as the seats have perforation or holes and they started to tear due to the sun heat and the Gear knob started breaking into small pieces, hand brake covering started falling off into bits and pieces, the boot lock got jammed and one of the boot holder piston broke, the driver door glass motor stopped working, the rear and front wiper motor gave up, the radio and AC control knob steel plating started falling off, sometimes the car gives a sudden braking automatically when the car is getting into second gear, the outside body started rusting in some places, the outside window sleeve worn off and started rusting and so on…

As far as my experience goes I’ll never buy any brand of cars from Mahindra and Mahindra. Such pathetic ways these people sell their cars at very high priced and use cheap materials, so that they can make money on the parts. Thus such manufacturers cheat their customers.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I do agree that 2011 model xuv had lots of niggles. Actually that was the year it was launched. Later models had lesser niggles. But at that price point at which you got it in 2011, I do believe it was very much value for money.As the niggles got sorted out price of xuv went up and up.
Today you might want to upgrade but everything is costly. If you intend to keep your xuv we can help you with the niggles.

Last edited:
A sir of mine had used the 2012 Model XUV500 without any niggles. He sold it off only because he wanted an upgrade. It clocked 58k km by 2016. It depends on your luck. Although some batches may have issues. but it happens with most of the new products. Eg- Kia Seltos.
My choice always will be to check the product for 2-3 years before buying, while there are many who feel to get hands-on the ride immediately once it is launched.

Hi, the wires are all taped up. But like I said it is intermittent I managed to take another video on Wednesday, where the vehicle was showing N and then started to show the gears again(will add the link below), that lasted till I got home without dropping bak to N. The tyre pressure sensor was displaying because the spare tyre was flat, got that fixed a while ago. The problem started at 163000km, the dealers said they suspect that the clutch and pressure plate was worn down and hence the error. I had the clutch replaced at 225000km and there was no difference and even the workshop said that the clutch was still in a very good condition as there was no shuddering on the old clutch. I have ordered a new Neutral switch and waiting for arrival, as soon as it is fitted I will advise if the problem is still there or resolved.
Hi, has this been resolved?

HI All,
I own a XUV500 W6 2014 model. The car has been niggle free. But the problem comes whenever I service the vehicle.
The bill shoots up like a rocket. I have given the car for servicing with an odo of 64,243 KMS.

Now there wasa creaking sound and I felt it might be the suspension which has gone.The service advisor called me and has given the below list for replacement

Front Right Shocker -Rs.6000/
Front RH LH Ball joint- Rs.4500/-
Rear Brakepads -Rs.4650

And regular service charge.

Please advise if the charges are exaggerated.It is an authorised Mahindra Service centre -Sireesh Auto Bangalore.

Many thanks in advance.

Dear Gurus,

My Mahindra BS6 XUV5OO has done only 8.5K and its showing a DEF alert on the Dashboard. Is this Natural to have such alert or an early indication of some niggles.
Please advise.

Top Bottom