Mahindra XUV500: Sound Change & Damping Sheet

Day before yesterday, I had been to 3M and I saw a poster "3M acoustic solutions". I asked them about it and he told me that they are launching dampening sheets.

I asked how much it would be for XUV and he said for 4 doors and rear door, it would be approximately 7000.

While @ReDev is going to reveal price, @Atulamigo can you please tell how much exactly it was for your dampening sheets?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i also searched about the 3m acoustic sheets.
these are lightweight as opposed to the other sheets.

General_Family_1.jpg
25_Acoustic Insulation.jpg

anyways another query which i had. what happens when the water comes inside the door ? i think these 3m sheets won't last that long if came in contact with water. what about the sheets you used atul ?

bhvm

Honoured Member
These look like cotton/ Wool sheets, which would absorb moisture and smell bad.
dynamat uses Aluminium alloy which is pretty much weather resistant.

BTW, Wool sheets sound 100% better than any metallic sheets. Thats the reason Expensive subwoofers are lined with Wooly material from the inside. It Makes bass far deep. I did something like this here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...77-diy-improve-bass-punch-your-subwoofer.html

Indeed an informative post above. It looks like they aren't water resistant. As mentioned by Atulamigo in his previous post, he had used DHC Pro sheets which actually looks likes usual dampening sheets.

If 3M sheets are water resistant and fulfill the purpose, I think light weight is is a good thing. We don't carry have to carry additional 10 KGs.

Following extracts are from 3M sites
Lighter cars. 3M Thinsulate products are made from lightweight polyester and polypropylene non-woven fibres.
Mildew resistant and hydrophobic. 3M Thinsulate is water repellent so absorbs minimal moisture - no need for an additional waterproof layer. It is also resistant to mildew growth, eliminating the risk of unintended odours.

3M Thinsulate

By the way this sheets are not available presently at Kharadi (Pune) 3M. He told me that prices are further going to reduce 1st of July.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
These look like cotton/ Wool sheets, which would absorb moisture and smell bad.
dynamat uses Aluminium alloy which is pretty much weather resistant.
As I remember the Bafna guy told me that it's really sticky that would reduce steel vibration on bumpy road and it will be water proof too.

It has some thick silver sheet by which water was not absorbing and definitely not smelling too.

Cheers
Atul

anyways another query which i had. what happens when the water comes inside the door ? i think these 3m sheets won't last that long if came in contact with water. what about the sheets you used atul ?
Yeah if it's cotton then it will definitely caught moisture in rainy days ( without water get in touch too ). Like some of cotton seat covers behave and really smell bad in monsoon time.

This DHC PRO sheet has one made of synthetic rubber polymer which get attached to our body ( really hard to remove, I tried to pull it while installation and its really not easy to do that ) and other side is made up of tough silver paper. It will be easy to go with water if it enters.

After taking those sheet in hand you easily feel it's water resistant.

We are having monsoon in just 2 weeks now, lets see how it behave in those days.

For summer, it works flawless and without smell.

Cheers

If 3M sheets are water resistant and fulfill the purpose, I think light weight is is a good thing. We don't carry have to carry additional 10 KGs.
Additional 2-3 kg for each door gives you more firmness to your door steel, which normally reduce/eliminate vibration on bumpy roads.

By the way this sheets are not available presently at Kharadi (Pune) 3M. He told me that prices are further going to reduce 1st of July.
Check with 3M @ LullaNagar, its good for quick service and less rush at their this branch.

Cheers

hi and congrats for the amazing upgrade[thumbsup]
did you listen and compare Focal and Hertz speakers before deciding?
Maruti offers the same Hertz speakers which wont hamper my warranty,but i was a bit sceptical about Hertz brand.

Thread Starter #26
hi and congrats for the amazing upgrade[thumbsup]
did you listen and compare Focal and Hertz speakers before deciding?
Maruti offers the same Hertz speakers which wont hamper my warranty,but i was a bit sceptical about Hertz brand.
Yeah, before installation I listen to both. Focal is all way good than Hertz but Hertz is also really rocking one.

It's due to budget I need to opt Hertz and honestly it worth and amazing to listen from Hertz.

Congratulations mate! Right now, I envy you.

I love music and would listen to all sorts of music. at times, sing along too (like a bathroom singer [;)]). But now that I have a driver, I can't play music nor singalong. Instead, spending on high quality headphones and soon on home theater (if I win that lottery I have been praying for long).

Re: XUV-500 New Age - Sound Change and Damping Sheet

Yeah, I crossed my fingered while its work going on.

No cutting or drilling required. Original sound wire was joined via Soldering. So need to cut those wire from sound and added simple plug-n-play clip to it.

Yeah, it was get directly installed in current ring. No need of any extra thing.
I found the front speakers you choosed is the component system. Did you installed the tweeters and component drivers also or you just replaced the stock speakers alone ?

Thread Starter #29
Re: XUV-500 New Age - Sound Change and Damping Sheet

I found the front speakers you choosed is the component system. Did you installed the tweeters and component drivers also or you just replaced the stock speakers alone ?
Yes, 2 tweeters was in that package only.

Top Bottom