Mahindra XUV500 Scheme For Employees for FEU Vehicles

Thread Starter #1
Hi Experts,

Please suggest is it advisable to go ahead with Field Evaluation Units (FEU) vechicle which has approx odo is around 500 Km to 1000 Km.

The discount is like :

XUV500 Variants Discount on current Ex-showroom price for the employees for the FEU Vehicles
W6 1.38 Lakhs
W8 1.94 Lakhs
W8-AWD 2.10 Lakhs

The key difference b/w FEU and Brand new XUV is as follow:

• W8 & W8-AWD Variants:

1. The infotainment system in these vehicles is that of the W6 variant.
2. The Ski-Rack has a different design from the current production vehicles.
3. For few parts of the vehicle the colours, textures, fit & finish may be slightly different from the current production vehicles.
4. The gear shift, clutch & the brakes are not as refined as the current production vehicles, as some improvements have been implemented after the pre-production batch.

• W6 Variant:
1. The seat fabric design is different from the current W6 vehicles.
2. The Ski-Rack has a different design from the current production vehicles.
3. For few parts of the vehicle the colours, textures, fit & finish may be slightly different from the current production vehicles.
4. The gear shift, clutch & the brakes are not as refined as the current production vehicles, as some improvements have been implemented after the pre-production batch.

Thread Starter #2
Please help yaar, this is one of the most important question I have asked.

350Z (Vibhor) please please, post your valuable input.

You never know what the vehicle might have gone through during its evaluation. The discount in my opinion should be more than just a few thousands.
Also since you mentioned the presence of non standard equipment . How much different is from the normal vehicles.
Why not try put up some snaps of the difference.

What would be manufacturing date of these ? the running is very low, but as you are saying pre production do you mean these vehicles are built pre Aug 2011 or so ?

Also have you driven the vehicle - what difference you notice in clutch and brake ?

better stay away from such offers and you may not know what cost you may have to pay later. You also have mentioned braking is not as refined as it is in current one, they why take chances, other options you can still compromise like seat fabric etc.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Thanks friends, even I am not keen on such offer as 2 lakhs will not count much down to line say 5 years. Better to go for a new one. Actually this is an offer for mahindra employee and you cannot see vehicle till delivery.

Thread Starter #8
Simply forget it then [:)], unless mahindra gives you a 5 year unlimited warranty!
This is the whole scheme provided:

Here is your chance to own the coveted XUV500!

Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. announces a special scheme for XUV500 Field Evaluation Units (FEU) vehicles for employees their spouse
and their immediate family (blood relations only - parents, siblings & children).

And the news gets better!
We are offering an exclusive employee discount on these FEU vehicles.
XUV500 Variants Discount on current Ex-showroom price for the employees for the FEU Vehicles
W6 1.38 Lakhs
W8 1.94 Lakhs
W8-AWD 2.10 Lakhs

Please note that the vehicles will be allotted based on FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS. You can apply for the vehicles using the online booking system.
• These vehicles were produced in the FEU batch, immediately prior to start of production.
• These vehicles were made for testing and may have run approx 500 to 2000 kms.
• All vehicles will carry the standard warranty of 2 year/65,000 Km from the date of purchase by the employee.
• IMPORTANT: Please note that all vehicles are available on an ‘AS IS WHERE IS’ basis, which means the vehicles will be sold in the condition in which they are currently.
• No extra modifications will be done on the vehicles at the time of sale. The key differences in the vehicle are also explained in the attached document
• The vehicles will be allotted on FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS based on the booking request online.
• However, each vehicle can be booked by multiple people, if the person who has booked first is unable to make the payment in the stipulated time his booking will be cancelled & the vehicle will be allotted to the next person who had booked it.
• IMPORTANT: People who cancelled or did not take the vehicle in the last round will not be eligible to take the vehicle in this round.
• The booking process is online. IMPORTANT: No queries on the process will be entertained & the decisions of the management will be final & binding.
• The last date to participate in the online booking is 10th Aug up to 1:00 PM, 2012.
• The result of the online booking request on FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS will be available 13th Aug onwards at - http://******
• A non-refundable booking payment of Rs. 25000 has to be made before 16th Aug by the selected employees in the name of local dealership, through a local cheque or demand draft.
• The full payment has to be made before 23rd Aug, 2012 to the dealer.
• IMPORTANT: If the confirmation on booking amount payment is not received by 16th Aug the allotment will be cancelled. Similarly if the confirmation on full payment is not received by 23rd Aug the allotment will be cancelled.
• The confirmation on all the payments with a scanned copy of the dealer receipt needs to be sent to Ms. S******** at ********@MAHINDRA.COM
• Transportation to destination & all taxes, insurance & registration expense to be borne by the employee buying the vehicle.
• IMPORTANT: Once purchased, the vehicles will not be taken back by the company under any circumstances.

The detailed process including the Terms & Conditions is attached.

To participate please click the link below & submit the details -

• Hurry, the last date to participate is 10th Aug 2012 up to 1:00 PM IST.

Wishing you the joy & thrill of driving the Most Awarded Car/SUV in India in FY 2011-12

Buddy instead you can choose a brand new Aria straight out of the factory with similar Discount's, What say?[;)]

I will not recommend you to go for this scheme. Don't know how bad these vehicles might have been tested. And it is clearly written that IMPORTANT: Please note that all vehicles are available on an ‘AS IS WHERE IS’ basis, which means the vehicles will be sold in the condition in which they are currently. . This means Expect the Unexpected. Please stay away. [:D]

Thread Starter #12
Thanks all of you!! Yes I will not go for it. Actually my wife loves XUV like hell, but I convienced her to go for ERTIGA(80%) and FordEcoSport (20%).Since there was some discount offered for XUV which cannot be happened in real life that's I was having some 2nd thoughts. Yeah there is no point in buying Pre Production models that too around 12-13 Lakhs.

Thread Starter #14
Will that become a 2nd Ertiga at your house?
Nope that will be first one. I have booked it on 14th April and was about to get in July last week but as I planned to preclose the housing loan so Ertiga got postponed for next year Jan so that I can go without loan or a very minimal loan. Father is against of me paying some huge EMI.

350Z

Core Team
350Z (Vibhor) please please, post your valuable input.
Need Peace of Mind? Just don’t go for it. Pre-Production model means that it would have certain flaws, which are rectified in the existing (on sale) models. Remember that a test car is a test car. Such vehicles are driven extensively in different conditions by different people. Hence, their odometer reading of 1,000 Kms is as equivalent as 10,000 Kms. Also, not being able to check out the car before purchase further increases the doubt. Rs.10 Lakh is not a small sum. You have far better options.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom