On-Road Price are inclusive of:

* Ex Showroom price.

* Registration + Road Tax

* Handling Charges

* Insurance.

Regards

Akash

Hi guys,
Last day i had test driven facelifted xuv 5oo at T.V Sundaram & Sons PVT ltd Pathanamthitta.When we walked into the showroom we were surprised to see that they we launching the xuv 5oo there.I had asked them about the test drive,since its the launching is going on they said the vehicle is not available.I was disappointed they allowed me to checkout the car.
When i was leaving i had a quick chat with the head of the showroom,being heard that i had travelled about a 35 km for this only he personally allowed me to have a testdrive in their new td vehicle.Actually it was in temp reg.I was in deep grateful for what he did.

Now about my experience with the vehicle.Its looks more premium than the last one on the inside.Though the beige and black combination is excellent but it can attract dirt easily.The display vehicle was a w10 AWD variant and i had tested the sunroof its of good quality but the conversation mirror is missing because the sunroof switch is placed there.one thing i found is that the touchscreen had to be little more brighter because the glare is strucking on it badly.
The car has more than adequate power and feels like we are driving a more premium car.Its much smoother than the fortuner.One thing that liked that the turbolag is nonexistent.The vertical movements are evident and can be a little irritating.The back row has average space and i can sit in there with average comfort (i am 185 cm tall ).The ingressing to the last row certainlyneeds ninja skills.
Its a good car and worth buying.This is my first post in TAI so please excuse me if had made some mistakes.

Hello Akash1986, Thank you for the wonderful review. After owning the XUV 5OO W8 FWD for the last three months I am loving every single km on it except for that rattling sound on the speedo cowl. As i said on an another thread I had personally seen the facelift test mule when it was being tested and I did not bother and settled with the old gen.

Now after seein the new age XUV 5OO in flesh I just have a few things to say.

* If the new age XUV is back from a water wash and that dashboard polish applied on it, the rest is history.
* Kids in the family? Those super light beige seats (its looks posh and ultra premium), rest again history.
* Start / Stop switch should have been placed in another location, new age XUV owners will miss that nice big storage unit.
* I really have no clue on why the CD slot was taken off the list? Just to accommodate the start / stop switch?? Oh please. I know 90/100 will never use a CD, but I am one of the 10 who use a CD, (Audio CD's of new movies have clear effect compared to the ones we dowload from sites MP3)
* I wish that the sunroof was a little bit BIG,
* Again NO DRL's, wish there was one.
* Third row reading lamps missing, LHS vanity mirror light missing, 5th Alloy for spare wheel missing, Conversation Mirror missing.
* Front Door has a key hole, so you get 2 fobs and seperate keys ?
* The rear number plate applique looks awesome. Wish it can be fitted to the previous gen XUV's.
* The huge Infotainment system is a great change, loved it.
* I'd prefer the blue lighting theme instead of the red in mine.
* Now pop ups on the infotainment system does not overlap the full screen, instead it pops up on the bottom of the screen.
* Fog lamps shifted up is a good move,
* Dashboard reflection almost gone.
* Cowl above the speedo will never rattle.
* Neatly hidden camera with zoom feature. the previous gen accessory really looked odd and out of place.
* New Orange colour looks tangy and I love it, Pearl white shade, I am still confused on the difference between the satin white and the pearl white. My previous gen XUV Jan27th 2015 make data plate shows "Pearl White" instead of "Satin White".

All in all The new age XUV will also rock.

Mahindra XUV-500 Face-Lift Manual (Diesel) Driven There are 2 new colors added to the line up i.e Tuscan Red and Sunset Orange. Along with the new color, Mahindra in the new XUV-500 Face-lift has introduced a fully loaded variant "W10" both in FWD and AWD i.e Forward Wheel Drive and All Wheel Drive.​

Hi Akash, wasn't Tuscan red always there in XUV line up? or is there some change ? I did see one Tuscan red XUV in koncept noida and the colour looked much brighter and lively than the previous Tuscan red but you never know. Showroom lightings can be deceptive plus doesn't make sense to carry on with the same name too.​

Thread Starter #50

Akash1886

Honoured Member
wasn't Tuscan red always there in XUV line up? or is there some change ? I did see one Tuscan red XUV in koncept noida and the colour looked much brighter and lively than the previous Tuscan red but you never know. Showroom lightings can be deceptive plus doesn't make sense to carry on with the same name too.
I too saw this Tuscan Red in the same Koncept Mahindra and was told by SA (and even in the launch of new XUV-500) that now it comes in 2 new shades i.e Sunset Orange and Tuscan Red. For Tuscan Red, to give it a more sheen and shine, the actual color composition would have been revised. Also, the reason for continuing the same name would probably be because people may relate to it easily. However, personally if you ask me, I am absolutely against using these proper-nouns and adjectives along with colors. I prefer to keep it simple as Orange, Blue, Red, White et al.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
I asked my SA and he sounded clueless about colour composition change. If they have indeed added some sheen to the otherwise darker, duller tuscan red (which is being used by zoom car service as well to kill any prospects), I would surely consider it apart from silver as my wife liked the pic I had shown her of the new age xuv in tuscan red. If possible, can you please confirm the change? Thanks

@akash, i will be booking the xuv by coming friday and should be taking the delivery within a week or two from koncept ( depends when i am able to sell off my dzire ). will you be kind enough to accompany me for PDI ? This is going to be my first SUV, so a little nervous. Of course i will work out the PDI date as per your convenience. In case you won't be free, no hard feelings[:D]. Will ask other veterans to chip in[;)]

Thread Starter #53

Akash1886

Honoured Member
i will be booking the xuv by coming friday and should be taking the delivery within a week or two from koncept ( depends when i am able to sell off my dzire ). will you be kind enough to accompany me for PDI ? This is going to be my first SUV, so a little nervous. Of course i will work out the PDI date as per your convenience.
My pleasure, I'll be more than happy to accompany you buddy. I have your number with me. Will call you and take it up further. I am humbled with your grace to have invited me.

Regards

Akash

I second your opinion and generic names would simplify things but the problem comes when a company has two different shades for the same colour. For example - ford ecosport comes in two shades of blue. Anyways, I don't think the colour composition has changed. The difference was apparent because of the showroom lightings. Attaching a collage of pics where in the outside shots of both new age and previous version of xuv look the same. All pics taken randomly from net for illustration purpose, so the credit goes to the respective owners.

Attachments

My pleasure, I'll be more than happy to accompany you buddy. I have your number with me. Will call you and take it up further. I am humbled with your grace to have invited me.

Regards

Akash
The pleasure is entirely mine. Any inputs from true auto enthusiasts like you is much appreciated. Waiting for your 'other' review which you told me about over phone. And did i correctly notice your TAI ranking going up today? Congrats for the promotion [clap]

Mahindra is offering discounts upto rs 1 lakh for the pre facelifted models.That includes around 50 thousand cash discount in W8 and totally uncludes corporate and etc.

Could you please throw some light on what all additional we get over in w10 than w8 while paying 92k more.
You get the following in the W10 over the W8:

• Electronic Sunroof (with anti pinch)
  • Logo Projection Lamp on ORVMs
  • Passive Keyless Entry
  • Push Button Start/Stop
  • Voice Messaging System
  • Brake Energy Regeneration
  • Electronic Steering Lock
  • Window Chrome Lining
  • Illuminated Scuff Plates
  • Sporty Aluminium Pedals
  • Power Adjustable Driver's Seat (6 Way)
  • Reverse Parking Camera (w/ Dynamic Assist)
  • Driver Express-up Window (w/ Anti Pinch)
  • Bonnet with Hydraulic Assist
  • Smart Key
For 92k, if you have the budget, then it is better to have the W10 than getting W8 and lurking in the aftermarket accessory shops for this stuff. Sunroof, push button start/stop, reverse camera, hydraulic assist on bonnet and power adjustable seat are the main add-ons, rest all is cosmetic.

Regards,
Nikunj

Last edited:
Nicely written review i must say with a lot of pictures.But i would like to correct few mistakes from the review.
1. Tuscan Red is not introduced as a new color. Sunset orange is the only new color that is added to the line up. They have also discontinued the blue color that was available on the older version.

2. The seats are leather even in the W8 version.

3. Tilt and telescopic setting are also available for the w8 and w6(only tilt) versions.

4. Steering mounted controls are available in the lower variants as well.

5. The GC is still 200mm and not 170mm.

Top Bottom