Mahindra XUV500 - Buying and Ownership of Silver Streak

Thread Starter #31
The vehicle is out for first service today. Experience at workshop is same as earlier. The RM had requested me to be there at 9 and I was there but RM was missing. He came it at 9:30 siting a medical emergency. Still there is no separate entry/exit, service area or waiting lounge for XUV owners. The lounge AC was off but they have got the DTH remote back so TV was working. I have noted down a few issues. I will update once I get back the vehicle.

Congratulations SPMM for your XUV, Write-up by you is excellent. Choice of Silver Color is brilliant too [cheers] . Wish you many happy miles ahead!

My XUV 5OO was delivered to me day before yesterday, its August 2012 Manufactured. As far as my individual case is considered i can confirm that over 80% of reported issues in the car has been sorted out. Brakes don't make any weird noise. Super-Smooth Clutch, Uninterrupted electrical operations. In last 46 hours of my ownership, i have covered over 650 KMs (To be precise ; Six hundred Sixty One Kilometers). Only Major issue which I've found is bit notchy First and Second Gears & driver door needs some hard push to close the door.

Thread Starter #33
Congratulations SPMM for your XUV, Write-up by you is excellent. Choice of Silver Color is brilliant too [cheers] . Wish you many happy miles ahead!

My XUV 5OO was delivered to me day before yesterday, its August 2012 Manufactured. As far as my individual case is considered i can confirm that over 80% of reported issues in the car has been sorted out. Brakes don't make any weird noise. Super-Smooth Clutch, Uninterrupted electrical operations. In last 46 hours of my ownership, i have covered over 650 KMs (To be precise ; Six hundred Sixty One Kilometers). Only Major issue which I've found is bit notchy First and Second Gears & driver door needs some hard push to close the door.
Hi Ashutosh. Many congratulations on the acquisition and best wishes for a great time ahead. Going by the distance you covered in two days looks like you did not get out the car at all [;)]

Please also refer to XUV bible, also known as Iron Rock's ownership thread of Dark Knight [:)] for very many details of the car.

Thread Starter #34
Got the vehicle back after first service.

The experience at the service center remains bad. The delivery time after service kept changing through out the day. The car wash and cleaning was horrible. Front and rear windshields and the side ORVMs were outright dirty. Bluetooth setting was disturbed so had to pair my phone again. GPS Nav language was set to some language I could not figure out. It was set to English before giving the car for servicing.

Major issues report, their resolution and my satisfaction on these are as follows.

- Brake noise etc. RM told that they are pretty close to a final design and cars will be "recalled" to get the replacements done very shortly. I have no other option but to believe him on this one.

- Gear shifting not smooth for 1st/2nd gears. They have done "adjustments". I could not get them to tell me what exactly it means. Gear shifting seems better though.

- Steering going to right a bit. Alignment was checked (and charged). Seems fine for now.

- Thanks to Iron Rock, I checked with them about laminated wiper motor. The car did not have laminated motor, so it was replaced under warranty. Seems fine.

- Weird feel from front suspension (mentioned earlier in this thread) while going over bumps. RM said it has been addressed by tightening/tuning, but I still feel little bit of weirdness.

- For clutch issues and steering liquid leakage, they did not have any generic guidelines from M&M so nothing done on these fronts.

- USB music stops all of a sudden. The software was reloaded. But that did not help. It stopped mid way while driving back. Unsatisfied.

- Water was collecting under the front mats (both driver and passenger). Diagnosed to be a leak in the AC drain pipe. Claimed that it is fixed but I will know after driving for some more time. Will check how it behaves.

Overall, I am not very happy with the experience. My other experience is with Maruti and GM and I found that follow ups and updates are better in Maruti and GM than M&M.

Forgot to add, the bill came to about Rs 2900/- mainly on account of Engine oil change and alignment check.

Last edited:
Got the vehicle back after first service.

The experience at the service center remains bad. The delivery time after service kept changing through out the day. The car wash and cleaning was horrible. Front and rear windshields and the side ORVMs were outright dirty. Bluetooth setting was disturbed so had to pair my phone again. GPS Nav language was set to some language I could not figure out. It was set to English before giving the car for servicing.

Major issues report, their resolution and my satisfaction on these are as follows.

- Brake noise etc. RM told that they are pretty close to a final design and cars will be "recalled" to get the replacements done very shortly. I have no other option but to believe him on this one.

- Gear shifting not smooth for 1st/2nd gears. They have done "adjustments". I could not get them to tell me what exactly it means. Gear shifting seems better though.

- Steering going to right a bit. Alignment was checked (and charged). Seems fine for now.

- Thanks to Iron Rock, I checked with them about laminated wiper motor. The car did not have laminated motor, so it was replaced under warranty. Seems fine.

- Weird feel from front suspension (mentioned earlier in this thread) while going over bumps. RM said it has been addressed by tightening/tuning, but I still feel little bit of weirdness.

- For clutch issues and steering liquid leakage, they did not have any generic guidelines from M&M so nothing done on these fronts.

- USB music stops all of a sudden. The software was reloaded. But that did not help. It stopped mid way while driving back. Unsatisfied.

- Water was collecting under the front mats (both driver and passenger). Diagnosed to be a leak in the AC drain pipe. Claimed that it is fixed but I will know after driving for some more time. Will check how it behaves.

Overall, I am not very happy with the experience. My other experience is with Maruti and GM and I found that follow ups and updates are better in Maruti and GM than M&M.

Forgot to add, the bill came to about Rs 2900/- mainly on account of Engine oil change and alignment check.
Thanx for sharing the service report .
After the free services are over what are the service intervals ?

Thread Starter #36
Thanx for sharing the service report .
After the free services are over what are the service intervals ?
The service booklet and RM mentioned service every three months. With special mention that vehicle would have run 10000KM in those three months. As Iron Rock mentioned on his thread, this seems to be because the booklets are copied from other vehicles which are likely to be used more for commercial usage than personal usage. It should be something like every 6 months after first three free services, which they might want to fit in quick time.

Also, I got the third year extended warranty card on first service.

Top Bottom