Mahindra Verito Ownership Review

Do you like this review and find it useful?

• I am not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Not helpful.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the veritos looks good in select few colours, white, purple and black. yours too look good.

i guess the HP51 number is a temp registration number.

Yes. HP51 is temp. But other is permanent number.
Dr.saab

That is a very impressive FE[clap] than any other cars false FE claims. I really feel bad missing to buy it last year[cry]

When you want to answer to more people with one post, then please use Multi Quote facility Sir. It is explained at announcements section OR it is just simple as given below

If you got to answer to post X, post Y, Post Z, then first click on the Multi Quote buttons of these three posts where the color will change to RED, finally click on the quote button of Z. The multi quote test is ready for you. There you write after X-(quote)their post(quote), like this with all the three and post it. Hope I explained it bit well like mods or it is well explained on announcements section[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
Thanks G74 for suggestions. I was a bit confused as I hardly write for forum. I will do as you suggested. Yes, Verito, if driven tenderly will give very high FE. For example, from Shimla to Chandigarh, a distance of 120 Kms, hill track but slight downgrade, this car gives more than 30 Kms/ltr. On way back, it is up hill for 80 Kms. Still it gives 23.4 Kms/ Ltr or even more. The average is usually 23 to 25 kms/Ltr. My driving style is simple. I hardly use brakes. I control the car with gears. I switch off engine when waiting is a bit long. Less idling, And I drive at a moderate velocity of 75 to 85 Kms/hr. In India, it is foolish to drive at very high velocity. That we have done in UK and USA on freeways. I keep my car in top condition, checking tyre pressure, oil etc. on daily basis. After sometimes, I will change the tyres as JK tyres are not good. Michelin tyres on my Alto are wonderful. And I will have these with Alloys on my Verito. What do you say. Thanks

I have read elsewhere that JK tyres have hard rubber which makes them to long last but their drawback being they are noisy at high speeds. Comparatively the yokohoma tyres are softer which reduces tyre noise at higher speeds but they have lower life and those being softer are more prone to sidewall damage due to our bad conditions of the roads.
Each product has its tradeoffs.

Thanks G74 for suggestions. I was a bit confused as I hardly write for forum. I will do as you suggested. Yes, Verito, if driven tenderly will give very high FE. For example, from Shimla to Chandigarh, a distance of 120 Kms, hill track but slight downgrade, this car gives more than 30 Kms/ltr. On way back, it is up hill for 80 Kms. Still it gives 23.4 Kms/ Ltr or even more. The average is usually 23 to 25 kms/Ltr. My driving style is simple. I hardly use brakes. I control the car with gears. I switch off engine when waiting is a bit long. Less idling, And I drive at a moderate velocity of 75 to 85 Kms/hr. In India, it is foolish to drive at very high velocity. That we have done in UK and USA on freeways. I keep my car in top condition, checking tyre pressure, oil etc. on daily basis. After sometimes, I will change the tyres as JK tyres are not good. Michelin tyres on my Alto are wonderful. And I will have these with Alloys on my Verito. What do you say. Thanks
Sir to be extremely honest with you ,your car looks good I would say this car was saved by mahindra they designed it better then Renault the new one looks even better and I can call it stlylish too . Please keep updating the thread so prospective buyers can atleast see how nice the car is in everyday use which they otherwise simply ignore .

Last edited:
Sir,
thats a very impressive FE + your efficient driving
also you have precisely given all +v's about the car
am sure everyone reading this particular blog would be once tempted to get hands on verito
sir which version in diesel did you go for and how much was total onroad cost for you

Thread Starter #38
Dear T777. I have Diesel D4 version. last year, when the car was launched, M&M were offering discounts. The price of the car was about 5,96,000.00. But I got the car for 5,88,000.00 plus Rs. 5000.00 for accessories. Now add registration charges, which are quite low in Himachal Pradesh plus Insurance Plus seat covers, audio station etc plus GPS-cum-reverse Camera etc. The on road price was about 6,75,000.00. Not bad at all. Now the price of Diesel D4 is about 6,34,000.00 and the D6, the top end is 7,04,000.00 plus other charges. So I was a gainer. The total cost in Himachal with all the necessary accessories will be about 7,70,000.00 for top end D6 and about 7,00,000.00 for D4 varient.

The car is a no nonsense car. There are some weak points like boxy looks, lack of aerodynamics in body design, a bit under powered engine, lack of top end plastics in the cabin, No air bags and ABS in D4 etc. But for me, these are no big issues except under powered engine. It can be remapped or if one is very keen, then one can install Pete's or Race Dynamic box for extracting more power and torque. Hope this will help.

Thread Starter #39
Sir to be extremely honest with you ,your car looks good I would say this car was saved by mahindra they designed it better then Renault the new one looks even better and I can call it stlylish too . Please keep updating the thread so prospective buyers can atleast see how nice the car is in everyday use which they otherwise simply ignore .
Dear Raja. You are right. Mahindra people did a bit of beautification job on Logan and called it Verito. The new Verito is still better looking. It is a good car. What I feel M&M are more busy with their pickup business and they are not paying adequate attention to Market Verito. But I hope the things are changing. M&M are going to launch a compact version of Verito just to save on duty. Anyhow, you will be happy to note that after I wrote my review on Carwale etc. last year, a number of people rang me up for advice and all of them bought Verito. And they do not regret. Now, the dealer in Shimla always gives my cell number to prospective buyers for objective feedback on this good car. There are some weak points as usual, but there are more pluses than minuses. Thanks again.

Thread Starter #40
I have read elsewhere that JK tyres have hard rubber which makes them to long last but their drawback being they are noisy at high speeds. Comparatively the yokohoma tyres are softer which reduces tyre noise at higher speeds but they have lower life and those being softer are more prone to sidewall damage due to our bad conditions of the roads.
Each product has its tradeoffs.
Yes dear one. JK tyres are quite hard, but they make lot of noise and the grip is not that good as we find in other good tyres. Michelin tyres are a bit soft but the quality is real good. The ride is more comfortable and the noise is minimum. Yes, you are right. It is a matter of tradeoff. I do not mind hard rubber, but when I embark upon very long journeys (which are many every month), then I wish for a soft tyre. I think if one drives judiciously, then problems related to soft tyres will be minimum.

Ah !![thumbsup] for your driving style. I think we both follow the same driving book like Rahul Dravid in Cricket[clap].

Yeah even I am also not happy with my JK Tornado's with lot of noise and are very hard. I am just waiting till they get worn off and replace with with Michelin with a upsize of 185 sections. If budget permits, then with some good alloys too. What is your opinion about this upsize of tyre as you know this Ritz is tall boy and has some body roll on corners

Thread Starter #42
Dear G74. Thanks for the comment. I am happy to know that you also follow the same book as I do. In a day or so, I will be starting a new thread about sane driving. My experience says that most of the people do not know how to drive properly and enjoy driving. I also plan to collect good material from net and other sources and compile a booklet for all car owners.

Next week I plan to visit Chandigarh and get Alloys for my Verito. After JK tyres wear out, I will replace with Michelin tyres.

Personally I do not recommend upsizing tyres if one drives sanely. I did this for my Alto, but the handling quality was reduced. Still, if you feel that upsizing will help in improving handling quality, then go for it. I think 185 will be alright. Have a good day.

I have paid advance for Eon Magna for my son, but I am still in a fix. Whether to buy Vento or Verna for my use and give Verito to my son or not. I have one Alto in very good condition and I do not want to sell it. Well let us see.

Sir,

There is lot of time left for my new tyres as my car just finished some 15000km. Even I do not want to go for a upsize as I always respect the manufacturer original stock designs, but if you any time check with Ritz, please comment keeping its bumpy and body roll nature in mind !!

My brother bought a Eon Magna LPG for I think some 3.6 lakhs.

I drove his vehicle for a distance and felt only two good things are 1) it has a power steering which my M800 was missing 2) driver leg space is good as my legs never touch the steering wheel).
Apart from these I did not felt this is worth package at that price in comparision with any Maruti car. I felt that Spark LPG would have been more good than this Eon.

But his version was about fresh looks, yes it has some really fresh look when we look at some boring models from the years.

So finally I got some mixed feelings about it[:)]

About your Idea of give your Verito to your son and buy a new one for yourself, yes it is a good idea as far as budget is not a concern. By the way what is his age and what he does, because it also depends on this what is good for him at which age and according to his profession. If you go with this idea of giving your car to your son, then certainly I will not vote for Vento or Verna. You will find much better things in that price range. Anyway this is not the place for that discussion. If you start a new thread for your new vehicle with budget and other details, then I will comment on that

Thread Starter #44
Dear G74. Thanks for the comments. My son is 39 and a university teacher and a very mature person. But We have decided to cancel the purchase. Though money was not a matter, still we can do well with Verito and Alto.

I have given some advance to the dealer, but I will ask him to refund it. I will buy a new car only when my old Alto is sold. Thanks.

Top Bottom