Mahindra TUV-3OO T8 (MT) Drive Review

Thread Starter #76

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

On the eve of our Independence day, Mahindra and Mahindra have introduced a new color for the TUV-3OO called Bronze Green.

13906933_865177806960588_1352444612512343161_n.png

Official

Regards

Akash

Hello everyone
First timer on this Forum. I own a TUV3OO T8 MT.
I Like : SHAPE and Almost Everything in this car except for some small bad quality control things.
I don't Like : Bumpy ride especially in slow speed. It is not a comfortable vehicle on bad roads. OK on smooth roads though. (Ha! even a bull cart feel smooth there)

Also what I don't like is the worst and pathetic service standards of Mahindra. I have been an extremely happy customer of Hyundai. It looks as if I am dealing with some Indian Government Owned Car manufacturing company.

Also the User Manual provided is incomplete. It does not clarify on many things. So you are left in total dark. I think I have to live with it for next few years until i sell it off and buy a non-Indian brand.

Could anyone explain the warning light as indicated in the attached picture U42D02J.jpg

Friends,

Update

Official

Regards

Akash
More information on Mahindra TUV300 Dual Tone

– Mahindra has introduced a new silver and black dual colour theme on the TUV300
– It is available for Rs. 15,000/- over the regular T8 variant
– Comes with contrasting roof, ORVMs, bumpers and side steps
– Two tone colours also available for lower and other colour variants

Source: MotorBeam

To all the people who have driven TUV,

I see the following comments on the net for TUV:

"One shortcoming that I noticed was when you try to drive out of a parking space in reverse, it fails to pull back over even the slightest of elevation. Though only two such incidences happened, but they made me understand that the 'mighty' TUV100 should be parked in reverse if the surface is uneven.

Overall, the car is 99 per cent perfect in city driving, especially on Indian terrains. Off-roading is a strict "NO" for a TUV100. If you get stuck in gravel/slush in a TUV100, I bet you won't be able to pull it out without a tow-truck."

What about Wheel Spinning issues ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAWiMM_sUqQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsqgsh_W1Uo

Some say it is because of more weight on Front and less weight distribution on Back. It is the main drawback of rear wheel drive TUV300. Is it correct ?

Have the above problems been rectified in the newer versions (2016 models) or are they still present ?

I need your inputs as I am planning to replace my 6 year old Scorpio with TUV [confused]

bhvm

Honoured Member
Oh dear this is really pathetic.
Mahindra Is Marketing this as a Tank, and what a useless tank if it cannot pull itself out of the parking nor pull out from the Sand. TUV was always a half baked product from the beginning.

I've always heard that TUV was underpowered. Top Geared speed is only 140 (which means practically for us its 125~130). Buddy do not replace your scorp with TUV. You will feel dissapointed. Better aim for Hexa now. If you want a smaller vehicle do look for S-cross 1.6 or upcoming WRV from Honda.

To all the people who have driven TUV,

I see the following comments on the net for TUV:

"One shortcoming that I noticed was when you try to drive out of a parking space in reverse, it fails to pull back over even the slightest of elevation. Though only two such incidences happened, but they made me understand that the 'mighty' TUV100 should be parked in reverse if the surface is uneven.

Overall, the car is 99 per cent perfect in city driving, especially on Indian terrains. Off-roading is a strict "NO" for a TUV100. If you get stuck in gravel/slush in a TUV100, I bet you won't be able to pull it out without a tow-truck."

What about Wheel Spinning issues ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAWiMM_sUqQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsqgsh_W1Uo

Some say it is because of more weight on Front and less weight distribution on Back. It is the main drawback of rear wheel drive TUV300. Is it correct ?

Have the above problems been rectified in the newer versions (2016 models) or are they still present ?

I need your inputs as I am planning to replace my 6 year old Scorpio with TUV [confused]
Its better if you check this out with a test drive because the new TUV 300 has got better power output(100bhp) compared to the older version & do get the same verified with the sales executive. Solution to this issue may be upgrading the Tyre size at the rear(Tata Nano has got wider Tyre's at the rear) which might result in better traction. Personally I think it would be an inherent nature of TUV 300 even in the 2016/2017 model. If your planning to replace your old Scorpio my suggestion would be to go for a new gen Scorpio/ Creata / Xuv500 or Hexa.

Last edited:

Top Bottom