Mahindra To Launch Vastly Improvised Thar in 2013

Can you install front facing rows in the rear or say bucket seats ?
For sure you can, but you cant make it a seven seater if you plan to install 7 seats, even if you do so the space is very less.

+100.

such vehicles are meant for hard-core off- roading enthusiasts and such users always end up modifying their cars depending upon the track they want to do off roading.

this might be the reason M & M want to keep the vehicle as bare bones as possible. (functional and depending upon the level of customisation mod- friendly, not to forget the budget in reach of an average C segment buyer .)
True that, we planned for it and my dad loved it very much and the weird thing is he liked the driving position which he did not in a Bolero and Xylo[surprise].

But i am worried about the back seats, they are cushioned well, but the comfort is always questionable.

Thread Starter #18
For sure you can, but you cant make it a seven seater if you plan to install 7 seats, even if you do so the space is very less.

True that, we planned for it and my dad loved it very much and the weird thing is he liked the driving position which he did not in a Bolero and Xylo[surprise].

But i am worried about the back seats, they are cushioned well, but the comfort is always questionable.
All my post were regarding that they must make thar a city type of jeep were young buyers can go for it with 4 seats improved comfort and ergonomics with which 1 can mingle in the city and highways too they can even offer a 4x2 option of course it will be niche product so is the present thar too right ? The present thar is like seating in a extremely crude vehicle I would rate the bolero top class compared to the thar atleast they can give interiors like bolero .
Present owners of thar say it's a ergonomic failure and extremely tiring and many have reported extreme body pain after driving it for a day .

All my post were regarding that they must make thar a city type of jeep were young buyers can go for it with 4 seats improved comfort and ergonomics with which 1 can mingle in the city and highways too they can even offer a 4x2 option of course it will be niche product so is the present thar too right ? The present thar is like seating in a extremely crude vehicle I would rate the bolero top class compared to the thar atleast they can give interiors like bolero .
Many of them do make it a 4 seater with bucket seats installed in the rear.
they already have 4x2 version which is in DI variant.

Present owners of thar say it's a ergonomic failure and extremely tiring and many have reported extreme body pain after driving it for a day .
Point to be noted for daily users, who plan to buy this machine, but i think if you add 2 or 3 leaves in the rear suspension(Thar uses coil spring in the front and leaf springs at the rear) it would do the job well

Thread Starter #20
Many of them do make it a 4 seater with bucket seats installed in the rear.
they already have 4x2 version which is in DI variant.

Point to be noted for daily users, who plan to buy this machine, but i think if you add 2 or 3 leaves in the rear suspension(Thar uses coil spring in the front and leaf springs at the rear) it would do the job well
Read this about mahindra thar .
The

i have driven the current thar CRDI on some rough & water logged roads & i will say its a very capable vehicle, if they make some improvement in interior with front facing rear seat, removable hard top, differential lock & ABS then it will become a a great vehicle to own i will surely buy one. i hope mahindra do something good with Thar.

Updated Mahindra Thar now on sale

Mahindra has quietly introduced a few updates to the Thar to improve some of the niggles that customers complained about. The first and most important update is a new cross bar between the A- and B-pillar that improves body rigidity. The old Thar’s B-pillars used to flex and hit the doors over bumpy bits and this updated is aimed at curing this.

Another important improvement is the deletion of the front axle’s auto locking hubs. The new Thar gets a more reliable fixed flange setup instead (the front driveshafts are now always engaged).

Then there’s the minor updates to the interiors – the air-con switches are now from the Bolero VLX, the rear seats have been lowered by approximately 6-7mm to improve rear headroom and there is a simpler way to take the roof off over the driver’s section. The old Thar had its canopy attached via pins that used to break when you took them off – this new one uses four screws that make it much easier to re-attach the canopy once you take it off. Oh and the easy-to-break inner door handles have been replaced with stronger items.

The good news is that most of these updates can be incorporated to the existing Thar. The cross bar for example can be welded on and it is quite simple to replace the auto locking hubs with the fixed flange.

It’s also good that all these changes come without a price hike.

Updated Mahindra Thar now on sale | Car News | SUV/Crossovers | Autocar India

The current THAR owners would be really Happy and of course the prospective THAR buyers. I must say Mahindra hear to customer complaints by this. Although, I was expecting front facing tyres, bit disappointed.

Thread Starter #26
The current THAR owners would be really Happy and of course the prospective THAR buyers. I must say Mahindra hear to customer complaints by this. Although, I was expecting front facing tyres, bit disappointed.
What do you mean by front facing tyres brother ?

Top Bottom