Mahindra Thar vs Maruti Gypsy (Or Something Else)?

which off-roader SUV?

• Total voters
i don't know about you but i have seen many safari and fortuner doing off-roading where jeep and gypsy doing but problem is that not many have big heart to put such expensive to this work .
Will give you an example... There is a place called Sandakphu at a height of 12,00 ft plus in North Bengal / Darjeeling area. It is a 50 km odd trek route from Manyebhanjan (5,500 ft) over xtremely steep inclines, huge boulders, sharp bends and barren sides.

The only two vehicles that go up this route are the British period Jongas and of course our dear old gypsies. They had tried other vehicles like the 4x4 safari (not sure about fortuner) but to no avail. This was six years back I am talking of, so surely they could not test the Thar but other Mahindras ( like the 4 wld commanders) were having problems and was not successful. I had trekked up and did not have the guts to get on a jeep.

Could not vote as my heart goes out for both the cars

Everybody here seems to love the Thar. But only for its looks and GC and Tyres. Where OTR is concerened, the Gypsy can go places where the Thar can only think of. This is in stock form. Mind u, a modded gypsy can go places where a modded Thar cant even dream of. Articulation and front approach angle is ery compromised with the IFS. And u dare not rest the thing on one wishbone. It'll break like a stick. Ultimate Off-Roader? Gypsy. Period.

Top Bottom