Mahindra Thar Di Modifications

Thread Starter #1

verna

Suspended
My friend have a Thar Di 4x4 Jeep.
How to make it to hardtop? How to make it to grills (as in picture with jeep's back shown) ? This is not OEM mahindra grills.
how much will hardtop conversion cost?where is it done? A/C fitting? cost?
what about tire swap with alloys ? cost/ ideal specification?

Attachments

You can fix aircon no problem,and they have given air outlets and controls in Thar.Try contacting Subros air conditioning systems,they are the aircon suppliers for MS,Mahindra,Tata and all they will have an idea to fix the aircon system.

Check out the local garages who mends the jeep category for hardtop,if possible google the design and get the print outs of the pictures of your choice and show to the garage members to rig one of them in the jeep,they might bring in the idea.

BTW where is the jeep located?

A friend of mine has moded the thar with everything thinkable,are you looking for a winch system also? I have seen some hardtop converts here in Bangalore but they look out of place somehow,probably best to insulate the softtop for the sound & air con benefits

Thread Starter #7

verna

Suspended
A friend of mine has moded the thar with everything thinkable,are you looking for a winch system also? I have seen some hardtop converts here in Bangalore but they look out of place somehow,probably best to insulate the softtop for the sound & air con benefits
Is thar Di 4x4 available in metros also? i mean, delhi,mumbai,calcutta and chennai? i am asking this because thar Di 4x4 is i think a BS III vehicle !!! pls confirm.
which is better by the way, as in value for money, thar Di 4x4 or Thar CRDe 4x4 ??

Is thar Di 4x4 available in metros also? i mean, delhi,mumbai,calcutta and chennai? i am asking this because thar Di 4x4 is i think a BS III vehicle !!! pls confirm.
which is better by the way, as in value for money, thar Di 4x4 or Thar CRDe 4x4 ??
I did some investigation today
As far as what i have learnt if you slip some money under the table you get the DI in these markets(thats what a reliable friend said),DI 4x4 looks like a good deal although mite not be refined as the crdi,but if you want some offroading Di is the way to go.
hard top conversion costs 30,000 to 40,000(think twice though,you can never know the quality of work)
Ac upgrade is from bolero should cost you around 40000(i heard plumbing can be a task,so get it done at a reputed place)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

verna

Suspended
I did some investigation today
As far as what i have learnt if you slip some money under the table you get the DI in these markets(thats what a reliable friend said),DI 4x4 looks like a good deal although mite not be refined as the crdi,but if you want some offroading Di is the way to go.
hard top conversion costs 30,000 to 40,000(think twice though,you can never know the quality of work)
Ac upgrade is from bolero should cost you around 40000(i heard plumbing can be a task,so get it done at a reputed place)
slip money under the table ? lol. to whom ? RTO or dealerships ? or atleast, we can book it and buy it in another non-metro city and drive it down to a metro [thumbsup]
i agree with u on this... DI 4X4 is a much better deal ! as long as we can get it modded in the Mahindra dealership itself (Rollcage,bull-bar,aux-lamps,wide tyres with alloys etc etc ) [thumbsup]

My friend told me it takes 1000 bucks at the dealership,I am going this week for a test drive & booking for another friend so I shall let you know(maybe get a DI for my estate also) then more precisely.
Those alloys on the crdi Thar go against its off road image i feel(personal opinion).
If your going for Di then you can replace the stock tires with some white letter wall tires they always look wicked,& remove the hubcaps if u dont like them.

I will try posting some pics of the hardtop converts on the Thar for your benefit

Last edited:
Thar Di alloy wheel's and A/C system

Hi guy's! i recently bought a Mahindra Thar Di and it has the normal rims and wheels that you see in a Mahindra Major jeep. How much would it cost to upgrade the Thar to the Scorpio size tyres and rims? How much would a five alloy rims cost for the same size with the tyres(Scorpio)?. I am planning to fit a AC system in the Thar. I live in Trivandrum ,Kerala. Please let me know how this can be done professionally in my area.How much would it cost aprox:?. People in my locality said there's not enough space for the fitments and it would be tough and all, please let me know the reality :D

Thread Starter #12

verna

Suspended
Re: Mahindra Bolero vs Mahindra Thar

How can one swap the 16 inch rims of a Thar to 16 inch alloys ? how much will it cost ? is it a complicated process (the change from rims to alloys) ?

Top Bottom