Mahindra Stallio Production Halts: Relaunch Happening Soon

Thread Starter #1
M&M Stallio production halted!

Mahindra & Mahindra has put a stop to the production of its debut bike, the Stallio. As per the reports, the company has also pulled out the bikes from the showroom following serious complains of gearbox.

The Automotive India tested the Stallio some time back and we had stated in our report about the gearbox issues which have been quoted below.

The responsive engine certainly adds to the ride pleasure; however, the coarse gearbox is a spoilsport. The gear lever position is oddly placed and shifting them requires some effort. The gear shifts lack refinement, which must be looked at soon.
We Dis-Like in Stallio:
  • Harsh Gearshifts
The company has been silently replacing some vital parts like clutch and gear levers in Stallio since it was launched in October last year.
It seems Mahindra & Mahindra has also delayed the launch of Mojo which was to go on sale by February.

Last edited:
Re: M&M Stallio production halted!

That is good to hear!

Nice to see quick response & atleast they have heard us.

Waiting for the corrected version of Stallio now

Re: M&M Stallio production halted!

Yeah good to hear that they have atleast taken measures to rectify the fault and give out better products!

350Z

Core Team
It’s an open secret that unlike car business, Mahindra has not been able to perform well in the bikes. Now with the Stallio facing some severe technical glitches with gearbox, the company has decided to re-launch it all over once again. Up till now, the total 5,181 units that were sold have been recalled and Mahindra has put the production to halt at present.

EDIT: Threads Merged.

Drive Safe,
350Z

What I like about Mahindra is their seriousness about their sales and how they come up with new stuffs. Yes, of course if you are into a new area, you learn from your own mistakes [:)]

What I like about Mahindra is their seriousness about their sales and how they come up with new stuffs. Yes, of course if you are into a new area, you learn from your own mistakes [:)]
I agree! they launched good bikes in first attempt but failed 'coz of minor niggles and ignorance.. next time after learning from mistakes they can rule bike segment just like CV's!!

Frankly speaking I have not seen a single stallio on Road yet .Pune is the hottest markert for 2 wheelers but still[surprise]

for some reasons the designs brought by Mahindra are not digestible to common man..Mojo and stallio. need some changes in the design. make simple styled bikes like dream yuga.

Top Bottom