Mahindra Scorpio VLX Mist Silver: 1,00,000 Kms & Counting

re: Mahindra Scorpio VLX Mist Silver - 77777 Kms and Counting

Fantastic report. [:)] Mhawk is one of my favourite machines.
Well maintained, as correctly said by IR, waiting for some pictures.

Hi balaji, have driven it only from dealership to home after service.

Now on bad roads the suspension compensates for each pothole.

Getting feel of new vehicle.

Yes these are the new design bushes.

Earlier as the bushes had become brittle, the middle row was getting feedback of swaying even after slowing down in potholes.

Now the suspension compensates and the feedback is good.
Hi Mukesh

Nice to hear that you are getting a feel of new vehicle after changing the bushes.
Since my car is the one with captain seats, middle row passangers feel nothing like swaying, but if some one or two passangers seated in last row feels more swaying when i drive on potholes or on bad roads. So this might be case to change my bushes ?

Thread Starter #723

Hi Mukesh

Nice to hear that you are getting a feel of new vehicle after changing the bushes.
Since my car is the one with captain seats, middle row passangers feel nothing like swaying, but if some one or two passangers seated in last row feels more swaying when i drive on potholes or on bad roads. So this might be case to change my bushes ?
Please check the vehicle history with the dealer, and plan accordingly.

Mine lasted for 60,000 kms, where earlier only front bushes were replaced at 33,000 kms.

In the long run, if not changed might casue problems to coil springs.

So thought to get it changed.

My usual drive involves driving on no roads or bad roads.

Have planned a trip next week, will give more updates by then.

Mukesh,
I was telling you earlier, the benefit in getting those bushes changed, in my ownership thread. The earlier ones, probably the one on my Scorpio wouldn't last more than say 5-6k km, if you are comfort conscious. You could drive on them, but it does make a hell lot of difference once replaced, and thus, my Scorpio rides always like new.

It's simply worth spending that extra bit in replacing them for the difference in comfort it offers in return.

A couple of months ago, at 70,000km service too, I had all the bushes replaced. I drove more than 3000km after that with absolutely no rattles whatsoever. The ride too never got deteriorated and I wonder whether those bushes were the newer ones?
Could you throw more light on those newer bushes as when were they made available at the A.S.Ss?

BTW, Congrats on the 60,000km feat and wishing you many more miles on the elephant. [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #725

Mukesh,
I was telling you earlier, the benefit in getting those bushes changed, in my ownership thread. The earlier ones, probably the one on my Scorpio wouldn't last more than say 5-6k km, if you are comfort conscious. You could drive on them, but it does make a hell lot of difference once replaced, and thus, my Scorpio rides always like new.

It's simply worth spending that extra bit in replacing them for the difference in comfort it offers in return.

A couple of months ago, at 70,000km service too, I had all the bushes replaced. I drove more than 3000km after that with absolutely no rattles whatsoever. The ride too never got deteriorated and I wonder whether those bushes were the newer ones?
Could you throw more light on those newer bushes as when were they made available at the A.S.Ss?

BTW, Congrats on the 60,000km feat and wishing you many more miles on the elephant. [:)]
Hi Manoj,

I noticed the swaying more, when going over humps.

Which was not the case earlier.

When the rear drums were sent for painting, i checked the under belly and asked about condition of bushes, to which he said they have given more than the life period.

So he suggested me that only front needed change.

I then insisted to get all the bushes, irrespective of its condition.

SA then updated me that new design bushes were introduced almost 6 months ago, with more and thick rubber for better absorption of potholes.

Now i can feel each coil spring compensating for the pothole.

How ever the bushes where manufactured in Dec 2013, as i saw on box.

Thread Starter #726

Fantastic report "60 Saal ke Buddhe ya 60 Saal ke jawan " as the popular advert said.
Well maintained and looks like mahindra is learning on importance of bush designs - it looks a major change between old and new. Better late than never.

Kudos on crossing 60k needs some good stathamic pictures now :)
Fantastic report. [:)] Mhawk is one of my favourite machines.
Well maintained, as correctly said by IR, waiting for some pictures.
Aye Aye IR sir.

Here is the latest pic from yesterday's drive.

Thank you for those kind words.

Hawk in its 6th year.
image.jpg

Some how your car looks special !! [clap][cheers] I would love to have a drive in your car..

Just a question, I have seen many Scorpio's with faded graphics. Is it common on all cars ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #728

Some how your car looks special !! [clap][cheers] I would love to have a drive in your car..

Just a question, I have seen many Scorpio's with faded graphics. Is it common on all cars ?
Varun most of the Lx version, would also have fake stickers imitating the Vlx variants.

The stickers on my hawk has survived a cement water, that had fallen when it was parked in village, where there was no sign of rains and suddenly it started raining heavily for whole night.

And I had to clean it.

Thanks for those kind words.

Btw sticker on my 5 year old hawk.
image.jpg

Last edited:

After looking at your car, a wild thought coming to my mind why not sell micra and purchase a used mhawk. How much will it cost @50k used scorpio vx model ?

Congrats on achieving the 60k mark and your beast still shines like a new one.

Very nicely maintained buddy. [clap]

What's the FE you getting?

Thread Starter #731

After looking at your car, a wild thought coming to my mind why not sell micra and purchase a used mhawk. How much will it cost @50k used scorpio vx model ?
Hi Sandip, Please check this thread from avindu : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...rpio-m-hawk-one-year-ownership.html#post45242

I dont have much idea on this.

Congrats on achieving the 60k mark and your beast still shines like a new one.

Very nicely maintained buddy. [clap]

What's the FE you getting?
Thanks Singh, FE around 11.8 on highway with full load and AC.

I dont think much on FE.[;)]

Hi Sandip, Please check this thread from avindu : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...rpio-m-hawk-one-year-ownership.html#post45242

I dont have much idea on this.

Thanks Singh, FE around 11.8 on highway with full load and AC.

I dont think much on FE.[;)]
Please some one let me know about the real world FE figures of the Scorpio in city. I drive 800 kms a month and need a decent mileage of 11kmpl in city. I would like to have the comfort of an SUV as my running is low. I am thinking of 2014 Scorpio. But if the FE is 9-10 kmpl I will surely stay away from Scorpio.

Thread Starter #735
Re: Mahindra Scorpio VLX Mist Silver - 75,000 Kms and Counting

Hi All its close to an year, I had last updated this thread.

The hawk is doing 76,89x kms currently and in its 7th year.

Major updates to hawk, changed the tyres to Michelins LTX AT2 @ 68,850 kms.

Having driven with Michelins so far, they are the best set of tyres that I enjoy driving.

You throw any road at it, they will just perform on any roads.

image.jpg

Top Bottom