Mahindra Scorpio VLX Mist Silver: 1,00,000 Kms & Counting

Re: Mahindra Scorpio VLX Mist Silver - 55,555 Kms and Counting

Thanks Manoj,
I am happy and relieved to know that you are enjoying your car even after 5 years. This gives me an assurance that I have made the right decision by going in for the Scorpio. Indeed i would need the tips on maintaining he car not only from mukesh but also from you and fellow members. Your tips and advice would be priceless for a guy who is new in terms of owning a Scorpio.
Buddy,

It is a wonderful car to own. I have clocked 70,000 km in 3 years. Using it like a Taxi [lol]

No major issues from the beast. I have not made any customizations except for bull bar and roof chiller.

Just be careful with Service folks. Don't give in to their various extras/additions during the service. Good relationship with SA, SM and GM of the service centre helps in the long run. Mahindra customer service is also good.

I want to see if the car can make the 5 lakh km mark with out "major" issues, with proper and periodic maintenance. Let me see [glasses]

Welcome to the Scorpio community !

Buddy,

It is a wonderful car to own. I have clocked 70,000 km in 3 years. Using it like a Taxi [lol]

No major issues from the beast. I have not made any customizations except for bull bar and roof chiller.

Just be careful with Service folks. Don't give in to their various extras/additions during the service. Good relationship with SA, SM and GM of the service centre helps in the long run. Mahindra customer service is also good.

I want to see if the car can make the 5 lakh km mark with out "major" issues, with proper and periodic maintenance. Let me see [glasses]

Welcome to the Scorpio community !
Thanks Sudarshan, Again it is heartening to see that the scorpio is pretty reliable even after being driven so much. Thanks for the tips buddy and good luck for your plan of using it till 5 lakh kms. Want to know if adding a rear bumper guard is a good thing and will it affect the vehicle integrity as such. Please give me some tips on how to keep the car looking as good as new.

Hi mukesh,
I have seen your car and it looks as good as a new one. I have also gone through your thread and saw some products you use for maintaining you car. Do you also use any rotating wax polisher like they use in 3M car care. Also is it really necessary for me to go for any paint sealant coating and underbody coating.

Thread Starter #694

Hi mukesh,
I have seen your car and it looks as good as a new one. I have also gone through your thread and saw some products you use for maintaining you car. Do you also use any rotating wax polisher like they use in 3M car care. Also is it really necessary for me to go for any paint sealant coating and underbody coating.
Ragmax, for our Bangalore conditions.

You will not be in need of anti-rust coating.

I just sparingly wax the car once in 15 days, and cover up the car with car cover.

The polish i have done manually with hand, earlier was using Sonax Carnauba wax.

No need of paint sealant, i never needed such coatings.

I have never visited 3M or other professional shops.

I recommend you to get your tyres filled with Nitrogen.

Black color needs to be maintained.

Thanks Sudarshan, Again it is heartening to see that the scorpio is pretty reliable even after being driven so much. Thanks for the tips buddy and good luck for your plan of using it till 5 lakh kms. Want to know if adding a rear bumper guard is a good thing and will it affect the vehicle integrity as such. Please give me some tips on how to keep the car looking as good as new.
In my opinion, rear bumper guard is not required. It will spoil the look of integrated rear foot step and moreover, it might interfere with Ultrasonic sensors (comes factory installed on VLX).

Front bull guard has saved my vehicle from many a two-wheelers and autos brushing during neck to neck traffic. Door/Corner Scratch guards might be of good use if you have tight parking space.

I never maintain my vehicle like Mukesh does [;)]

The only time the vehicle gets cleaned is during service visits, literally no time! That is why, I chose Rocky Biege colour which does not look bad when it gets dirty. The paint quality is good.

For my vehicle, the clutch gave in at 60,000 km. For many, it has lived less than that. I think that is the only weak point/part in Refresh models.

Last edited:

A quick question Scorp guru's.
Off-late i seem to notice a sound under the bonnet just after i turn "OFF" from a decent long drive. its something like a radiator/coolant fan noise.
Even after i remove the remove the key and lock the car, i hear that noise for few sec (exactly 10 - 15 sec).
Temp guard shows healthy. all levels including coolant looks above the mark.
This i hear every evening after i come back home and park the car in my cellar.
Is there something i need to worry about? Is this the design ?

Nothing to worry about that noise that you are hearing is of the fan for the cooling system which would cut off in few seconds.

A quick question Scorp guru's.
Off-late i seem to notice a sound under the bonnet just after i turn "OFF" from a decent long drive. its something like a radiator/coolant fan noise.
Even after i remove the remove the key and lock the car, i hear that noise for few sec (exactly 10 - 15 sec).
Temp guard shows healthy. all levels including coolant looks above the mark.
This i hear every evening after i come back home and park the car in my cellar.
Is there something i need to worry about? Is this the design ?
I have never heard such noise in my vehicle. Get it checked in A.S.C.

mukesh, I saw in one of your pictures you have changed your HU to a Sony one. Correct me if I am wrong. Wanted to know if the steering controls still work in your car or not.

Thread Starter #700

mukesh, I saw in one of your pictures you have changed your HU to a Sony one. Correct me if I am wrong. Wanted to know if the steering controls still work in your car or not.
Sorry for the late reply Ragmax.

Yes the steering control won't work now.

And I got it changed only in 4th year.

Sorry for the late reply Ragmax.

Yes the steering control won't work now.

And I got it changed only in 4th year.
No issues buddy. I enquired in one of the accessories shop last weekend and came to know that we can get the steering controls to work even with an aftermarket HU by using an adapter. Was not able to get more details as I was in a hurry and he was searching for the brochure. But surely I think you can get an adapter and get the controls working again. Also found out an HU from Mapmyindia which does not require any adapter for the steering controls to work. It seems it is an universal 2 din HU and will work with any car. Needless to say it has navigation also since it is from Mapmyindia. BTW, the reason for you to get this HU only after 4th year was because of the warranty? Does it mean that if I go for any other HU now itself will this void my warranty?

No issues buddy. I enquired in one of the accessories shop last weekend and came to know that we can get the steering controls to work even with an aftermarket HU by using an adapter. Was not able to get more details as I was in a hurry and he was searching for the brochure. But surely I think you can get an adapter and get the controls working again. Also found out an HU from Mapmyindia which does not require any adapter for the steering controls to work. It seems it is an universal 2 din HU and will work with any car. Needless to say it has navigation also since it is from Mapmyindia. BTW, the reason for you to get this HU only after 4th year was because of the warranty? Does it mean that if I go for any other HU now itself will this void my warranty?
the warranty only with regard to steering controls will be void if you opt for an aftermarket HU.

rest if the installers make it a point to put up proper wiring harness and avoid splicing of the wires/fiddling with ECU, they will honour the warranty.

Hi Mukesh,

I want to get a printout or soft copy of the vehicle's history maintained in Mahindra's database. Is it possible?

I asked my SA and he said that he cannot give that as per company policy. Is it true? Is it so confidential that they cannot share the customer's vehicle history with customer themselves !? I don't buy his explanation.

I want it for tracking purpose. I want to know what services have been uploaded to their centralized database. I want to cross verify with the service invoices that I have.

Can you please check and let me know?

Hi Mukesh,

I want to get a printout or soft copy of the vehicle's history maintained in Mahindra's database. Is it possible?

I asked my SA and he said that he cannot give that as per company policy. Is it true? Is it so confidential that they cannot share the customer's vehicle history with customer themselves !? I don't buy his explanation.

I want it for tracking purpose. I want to know what services have been uploaded to their centralized database. I want to cross verify with the service invoices that I have.

Can you please check and let me know?
Please register herewww.withyouhamesha.comand avail various services including your vehicle service history.

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the link. When I try to register, it gives me an error message - "contact your dealer for updating your contact details".

I am unable to login with given user id (email) and password.

Top Bottom