Mahindra Scorpio VLX AT 2WD Black & Silver

Thread Starter #16
Re: Mahindra Scorpio VLX AT 2WD Black/Silver

Had another question for you all...when I took delivery the tank was empty...there were no bars in the fuel indicator. So I filled up in HP station and total was around 49 lts. I thought fuel capacity was 60lts. So my guess is the rest 11 ltrs are in reserve. If so, why would the dealer fill so much diesel...he probably took money from me some other way..:-)

Congratulations dasavatharam. The Scorp looks the best in this Black/Grey combination and love those new alloys. Looks macho. Please do post more pictures and also the interiors.

Did you order it with Captain seats?

In my Scorp, when it comes to the top of the Red mark, I get the warning 'Your Scorp is running on reserve fuel'. So, after I tanked up, I realized it had around 17 ltrs of fuel. So, in your case, since its the digital indicator, say the last two indicators should have around 17-18 litres of fuel.

OT : Are you a Kamal fan?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19

Thanks for the wishes everyone.
@Avindu - yes...huge Kamal fan..you guessed that right...the only all rounder in Indian Cinema. I do not want to start a debate here....[;)]

I have the sever seater 2-3-2 (sideways). The third row seats are non-practical in our opinion. Also the 7 seater helps with carrying lot of luggage.

Also since I had mentioned about the air..the wobble was very heavy this morning when I went to drop my son. So went and increased the air to 34 in all tires and now the wobble is gone. But TPMS still shows wrong pressure. Will have to check after the vehicle is idle for a while.

Thread Starter #21

More on how sad the finish is. I opened the back door to get my son out and the beading on the vehicle, where the door closes came out totally. it was just a matter of inserting it in the slot and pushing it all the way in from the bottom to the top but still on a 13.2L car you do not expect all that.

I have heard good things about Mahindra. don't know why they are not paying that much care and attention to these small things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Had another question for you all...when I took delivery the tank was empty...there were no bars in the fuel indicator. So I filled up in HP station and total was around 49 lts. I thought fuel capacity was 60lts. So my guess is the rest 11 ltrs are in reserve. If so, why would the dealer fill so much diesel...he probably took money from me some other way..:-)
The digital display makes it confusing, apart from that you have the option to fill the diesel when the cars VMS repeats the message, the reserve fuel is 10 litres.
And one has to fill the diesel.

Till now the maximum i could fill after VMS alert is around 41 litres.

Thanks for the wishes everyone.
@Avindu - yes...huge Kamal fan..you guessed that right...the only all rounder in Indian Cinema. I do not want to start a debate here....[;)]
Wasn't tough to guess, considering your avatar. We have few things in common. Will meet up sometime or maybe in our TAI meet.

I have the sever seater 2-3-2 (sideways). The third row seats are non-practical in our opinion. Also the 7 seater helps with carrying lot of luggage
The 7 seater is better than the 8 seater I have, especially when more than 5 are travelling. Its easier to open the rear door, than to slide the middle seat to access the last row.

Also since I had mentioned about the air..the wobble was very heavy this morning when I went to drop my son. So went and increased the air to 34 in all tires and now the wobble is gone. But TPMS still shows wrong pressure. Will have to check after the vehicle is idle for a while.
I thought the PSI is 32. Please double check. More over, when you fill air, the gauge meter used in those fuel bunks might not be accurate. Get yourself a gauge meter to check the pressure, everytime you get the tires checked.

More on how sad the finish is....I opened the back door to get my son out and the beading on the vehicle,,where the door closes came out totally...it was just a matter of inserting it in the slot and pushing it all the way in from the bottom to the top...but still...on a 13.2L car...you do not expect all that.

I have heard good things about Mahindra...don't know why they are not paying that much care and attention to these small things.
Absolutely true. You deserve to own a flawless car, after spending more than a million bucks. The fit and finish needs a lot of improvement, however, once you start driving it a lot and on highways, you'll not bother giving importance to those small niggles. Its a bliss to drive the Scorp, both in the city and on highways.

Last edited:

Suresh, the recommended tyre presure is 32 Psi as mentioned by avinash.

With this tyre pressure of 34 psi, if you make long drives the ride would be bumpy in potholes .

So when you fill the 32 psi, when tyre heats up, it reaches to 34.5 psi.

You can see the recommended tyre pressure on driver side door near latch.

So wait for the tyre to cool down and fill the air in early mornings.

I get it filled with nitrogen, once in 4 & half months, i hate to fill the air every now & then.

Is your 5th tyre with alloy's or steel wheel?
I think it doesn't have TPMS sensor.

Thread Starter #28
Totally confused now. I have a air pressure manual checking machine with which I checked the pressure on all four tires. They are all showing 35. when I pumped air at the machine this morning, the machine at the petrol bunk showed 34 on all of them. TPMS shows less than 32 on all of them. so now I have three sources and which one should I trust. This should not be so difficult.

@Mukesh. how much does the the Nitrogen filling cost and what is the procedure? can u elaborate please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally confused now....I have a air pressure manual checking machine with which I checked the pressure on all four tires. They are all showing 35...when I pumped air at the machine this morning, the machine at the petrol bunk showed 34 on all of them. TPMS shows less than 32 on all of them....so now I have three sources and which one should I trust. This should not be so difficult.

@Mukesh.......how much does the the Nitrogen filling cost and what is the procedure? can u elaborate please.
Trust me:biggrin:, i have been using hawk from the past 35 months.
The tyre pressure showing 35 PSI was due to the fact you were using the vehicle after filing air, which tyre expands & hence pressure in it.
Best time to fill it is in early morning, by driving slowly on humps & potholes, before reaching tyre shop.
What i do in such case is fill the tyre with 33PSI , so that when tyre gets cold the pressure remains within 32-32.5 PSI.
Go to any of reputed tyre shop,Madhu's Tyre or Sai Iyengar's get it filled with nitrogen.
I usually get it filled at Tyre professionals Basavanagudi.

The procedure is, they will deflate all the tyres,By creating vaccum they ensure all the moisture is removed for each tyre.
Then they start filling nitrogen 99.3 % Nitrogen.
Make sure that the TPMS reading shows 32 psi.
The actual correct reading understood by TPMS is after 2-3 mins of filling.

By this you can enjoy the ride on Hawk, the original advantage of Nitrogen can be felt in Summer long drives, tyre pressure remain within 34.5 psi.
Where as with normal air it may go upto 38 max.

Initial filling cost 25/ tyre.
Later topups free, i just pay the guy who fills it with 10 Rs, once in 3 & half to 4 months.

Last edited:

Top Bottom