Mahindra Scorpio: Technical Issues & Solutions

Hi All,

I own Scorpio S10. My calls get automatically disconnected after 5 minutes when it is connected to car's infotainment system via bluetooth. This happens at all times and at various locations.

I have changed my phone, sim cards and mobile service providers. Still the problem persists. Service centre guys not able to help.

Can someone please help me?

Hi All,

I own Scorpio S10. My calls get automatically disconnected after 5 minutes when it is connected to car's infotainment system via bluetooth. This happens at all times and at various locations.

I have changed my phone, sim cards and mobile service providers. Still the problem persists. Service centre guys not able to help.

Can someone please help me?
I own a S10 too. I have taken much more than 5 min calls all the time. I have never experienced calls getting disconnected. However I am assuming you are using an Android Phone. I have no experience with Windows / iOS phones. Can you tell the service centre guys to flash the firmware/software?

Re: Loss of Power - check engine light - Mahindra Scorpio Mhawk

Hi , I have a 2009 Mahindra scorpio Mhawk 2.2 Vlx that has clocked 92,000 Kms . The vehicle is in mint condition with services done at regular intervals ..........Thanks, Ivan
Hello Ivan,
Still looking forward to your concluding feed-back post. It is quite possible that mukeshus hit the nail on the head with his suggestion regarding vacuum hose rupture. Has the problem been rectified - what was the M&M service centre's response to your problem?

I own a S10 too. I have taken much more than 5 min calls all the time. I have never experienced calls getting disconnected. However I am assuming you are using an Android Phone. I have no experience with Windows / iOS phones. Can you tell the service centre guys to flash the firmware/software?
Thank you for the reply. I have used both Windows and Android phones. Still faced the same issue. As per your advice, I will ask them to flash it.

Thank you once again for your help.

Hi All,

I have been told by the service advisor that when I use the high beam flasher (when the headlights are off), only the high beam will glow and not the low beam and it is a problem. As far as I remember, both the lights would glow when the flasher is used.:stupid:. Can fellow owners, please help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hi All,

I have been told by the service advisor that when I use the high beam flasher (when the headlights are off), only the high beam will glow and not the low beam and it is a problem. As far as I remember, both the lights would glow when the flasher is used.:stupid:. Can fellow owners, please help me?
Its not a problem. They are wired the same way in XUV.

Mahindra Scorpio Glx Refuses to Start.

Hi.
I'm having a problem getting the car to start.
I've checked the injectors and found that the are fine all 4 are giving an atomize spray. I've checked for white smoke blowing past the valves and injectors. I've checked whilst turning the engine for bubbles coming out the radiator and for sludge under the cap and found all is good. I've checked for pressure or air blowing out the dip stick with a balloon and found nothing. I've checked that the solenoid valve on the injector is opening and that's good to. It has no glow plug so I blew hot air into the intake manifold and still not starting. I've even towed it behind another vehicle and tried kick starting it and all I get is plumes of white smoke. I just won't fire. I suspect it's related to compression but strange that it's not showing the symptoms of a blown head.
Anyone have a fault like this before?

Re: Mahindra Scorpio Glx Refuses to Start.

Hi.
I'm having a problem getting the car to start.
I've checked the injectors and found that the are fine all 4 are giving an atomize spray.......
I could just be shooting in the dark - have you checked for water contamination in the fuel. Diesel engines can & do start with a certain amount of water contamination, but if it exceeds the threshold %age (app. 15%) then white smoke could be a tell-tale give-away. I've had the experience earlier on a diesel engine, though not an automotive engine. I'm looking forward to your feed-back!
Cheers,
Shashanka

Last edited:
please help...hi i'm having a problem with my scorpio. its a model of 2008 CRDI Engine.
whilw i'm giving acceleration, rpm is not boosting... what is the exact issue? and when i'm driving on a smooth road, if its get high in speed, vehicle is getting off. can anyone give me a solution for this???

mahindra scorpio turbo 2.6 slx 2wd7s

Mahindra 2004 scorpio turbo 2.6 slx 2wd7s

My problem is my engine noise is big. And rpm is up down up down slowly slowly.

I cant find problem. I tried all mechanics are saying different problems I'm confused.

Please help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the reply. I have used both Windows and Android phones. Still faced the same issue. As per your advice, I will ask them to flash it.

Thank you once again for your help.
Happy Diwali to everyone !!!

Update to the issue:

Finally the service guys agreed it is a issue and updated the software. Now this is working fine.

I need to change the stock tyres in the next few months. The size is 235/65/17. The current one in use is Bridgestone. I'm thinking to buy Goodyear Wrangler A/T or Michelin. Any suggestions please?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Happy Diwali to everyone !!!

Update to the issue:

Finally the service guys agreed it is a issue and updated the software. Now this is working fine.

I need to change the stock tyres in the next few months. The size is 235/65/17. The current one in use is Bridgestone. I'm thinking to buy Goodyear Wrangler A/T or Michelin. Any suggestions please?
if your use is off road And Bad roads, go for AT. otherwise First highway and city use look at HT tyres. Yokohama geolander are the best ATs .

if your use is off road And Bad roads, go for AT. otherwise First highway and city use look at HT tyres. Yokohama geolander are the best ATs .
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I would be travelling in bad and muddy roads as well. Heard good reviews on Good year. But also heard Geolander sidewall is not strong enough for heavier cars. Any thoughts?

bhvm

Honoured Member
I have used atleast 5 sets of Yokos on various cars. heaviest being the old safari (3.0L. which is most heavy ). no issues as such. good year is also a decent choice.

Mahindra Scorpio Clutch Issues

Hello everyone,

I own a Mahindra Scorpio mHawk 4x4 model year 2013.

Unfortunately I have a problem with the clutch being stuck. I brought to the garage and they said it's an issue with the clutch master or slave cylinder. I left it there so they can replace it.

Now the big issue! I don't live in India and it seems to be difficult to get parts here for Mahindra cars. The importer/dealer of Mahindra does not have these parts in stock. They said they ordered it from India but that was already one month ago!

I need help! Is there a way to send spare parts quicker to the country where I live? (Laos). I tried looking online but Indian shops only ship to India. Same like ebay.

We have DHL here and a fairly reliable postal system. So the shipping itself is not the issue. I am willing to pay for the shipping fees. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much for your replies.

Re: Mahindra Scorpio Clutch Issues

Hello everyone,

I own a Mahindra Scorpio mHawk 4x4 model year 2013.

Unfortunately I have a problem with the clutch being stuck. I brought to the garage and they said it's an issue with the clutch master or slave cylinder. I left it there so they can replace it.

Now the big issue! I don't live in India and it seems to be difficult to get parts here for Mahindra cars. The importer/dealer of Mahindra does not have these parts in stock. They said they ordered it from India but that was already one month ago!

I need help! Is there a way to send spare parts quicker to the country where I live? (Laos). I tried looking online but Indian shops only ship to India. Same like ebay.

We have DHL here and a fairly reliable postal system. So the shipping itself is not the issue. I am willing to pay for the shipping fees. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much for your replies.
The best would be to tweet to Mr Anand Mahindra / Mr Pawan Goenka (The Scorpio Man) to get a resolution forward.

M2all.com is possible, but they deliver only to India. Have big geographical constraints. Not sure why.

Have you tried any dealerships/service centres in South Africa. Mahindra has good presence there.

Last edited:

Top Bottom