Mahindra Scorpio-N Launched

Received the acknowledgment and receipt from the dealer regarding payment. Informed about not to be specific about the choice of the color since they said that those who have confirmed booking and next in line are offered the car if the model is different in color will usually not opt for it.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My experience is really bad with mahindra.
I made a third booking with scorpio z8L. Moron advisor came today for loan process and I saw ex showroom price was 20k more. I asked him and he told me that the 6 seater version costs 20k more. I was so frustrated since I never mentioned 6 seater and they don't have the 7 seater available[frustration]
I have 63k stuck in bookings and car is no where in sight. Will update.

My dad is very much intrigued by this new Scorpio N. Overall, it does seem like a great package. A very close friend got delivery of his car in the very first batch. It is a Z8L 4WD AT. His family finds it more comfortable than his Crysta and I think that speaks volumes in itself on how well the suspension has been tuned by M&M. I cannot wait to try that car out next month.

Got a call from mahindra regarding non updating of my Z4 AT booking amd I had placed a query, was informed that the site is being updated and under maintenance, the timeline will be reflected in two-day time.

Thread Starter #110

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra Scorpio N gets 5 New variants; more safety features

Mahindra-Scorpio-N-Crash-Test.jpg

Mahindra had launched the new generation Scorpio N in the country in June 2022. The SUV is available in 5 trim levels – Z2, Z4, Z6, Z8 and Z8L. The company has now introduced 5 new entry-level variants in the Z2 and Z4 line-up.

The Scorpio N petrol range is available in 11 variants spread across Z2, Z4, Z8 and Z8L trim levels. The base petrol variant is priced at Rs 11.99 lakh, while the top-spec variant costs Rs 21.15 lakh (ex-showroom). The new Scorpio N diesel range is available in 19 variants – priced between Rs 12.49 lakh and Rs 23.90 Lakh.

FireShot Capture 151 - Mahindra Scorpio N Gets 5 New Variants; More Safety Features_ - www.ind...png

Read

The Scorpio N ,top variant 4×4 AT Diesel was brought to our home for a test drive by SA Shivaji at 7pm evening. The advantage of the test drive near home is that we can test the vehicle on the daily road we commute. At night we could test the headlights, which were bright but not focused, my wife is a gentle rider was going slow ,resulting in a lot of body roll.On good termac the ride quality was excellent, could make sharp turns,and the steering was responsive to the inputs. The potholes were gobbled up by the suspension and no vibration or noise was transmitted to the cabin which was silent, could not believe that it was a diesel engine. Driving the automatic was fun the lag in change of gears was masked quite well,coupled with the tall ride the Scorpio N is a hoot to drive.

After searching through the net and,going through the videos wherein the newly purchased Z4 AT were fitted with after sales accessories, I feel the add-ons to Z4 which make the real difference in driving will be the 18 inch alloys, tyres, fog lamps and steering cover and separaterear camera.which will cost less than a lakh after deduction made to the out going steel rims and tyres.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Mahindra has hiked the prices of Scorpio-N for the second time. The SUV is now expensive by upto ₹51,299.

Drive Safe,
350Z

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My car was alloted to me yesterday but I am going ahead with another car. Will probably be delivered this week.

Screenshot_2023-04-16-11-55-02-532_com.whatsapp.jpg

Mahindra made all the excitement to absolute zero. And maybe they wanted us to wait so that all the introductory price bookings gets cancelled.

The curious case of Scorpio-N deliveries

Circa 2020, I knew that a new Scorpio is near to launch, when was the question? All automotive sites were filled up with test mules. Dad’s 2016 model Scorpio (now it’s classic) already had 132000 on the odometer and we were looking for a replacement. We were eagerly waiting for the new Scorpio to launch but there was no information from Mahindra.
After waiting for a year, finally, in May 2022, Mahindra announced the launch of Big Daddy of SUVs. All variants and prices were killers. My father finds difficult to drive my cockpit-style XUV5OO, due to the numerous controls and buttons. So, I had to choose a variant with the least number of gizmos and gadgets.

The Z4 D MT was the perfect choice for my father.

The pricing of 13.99 lacs was lucrative, and I was eagerly waiting for the day of booking.
Mahindra plan was
• 25 July 22 – Bookings open online, chose a variant and pay a token of Rs 21000.
• 15 Aug 22 – Last day to change the variant
• 30 Aug 22 – Mahindra to communicate delivery dates

D-Day 25 July 2022 11:00 AM

I was ready with the credit card and as the booking started, the payment gateway attached to the Mahindra site crashed. Despite trying multiple times, I finally managed to book an Everest White Z4 D MT by 11:19 AM. However, I had lost the benefit of the introductory price.

Mahindra and paid media had spread the propaganda that 25000 Scorpio-N were sold within 1st minute of bookings. In reality, those were Mahindra dealers who played a big game. Unlike normal users like us, they had to just book the vehicle without paying so they used all the mobile numbers with them to hoard the stocks.

Mahindra realized this and offered an introductory price to all the individuals who tried to book in the first few minutes.
Great gesture Mahindra!!!

15 August 2022

The window to change the variant is closed. By 16th August, when offices opened, Mahindra must have a clear idea of how many Scorpio-Ns variant-wise and colour-wise they have to produce, and they knew their production capacity too.
In the world of AI / Data scientists, ML and Mahindra being software giants, it wasn’t a difficult job to calculate and communicate delivery dates.

1st of September 2022

I received an email from Mahindra with a “promised” delivery date between 30 December 2022 to 20th January 2023. This is the first time I told my father that we will get the vehicle in 4 months. My father told Mr Sharma and Thakur Sahab as well (my father’s friends). They asked me what is Scorpio “N”? They had no idea about Big Daddy of SUV.

3 December 2022

The tracking option on the website disappeared and after enquiring from my dealer, I realized that the “promised” delivery date extended by a month. This means, now I will get the Scorpio-N in February. Until now my father was confident that we will get it by January, so he had sold his existing Scorpio to someone but told him that he will hand over the vehicle in January. Within a few days, the tracking option came back and now it was confirmed that we will get the vehicle in February 2023. My father called the buyer of Scorpio and offered him a refund but he was kind enough to understand the situation and asked my father to keep the old Scorpio till February.

3rd February 2023
I enquired with the dealer and now my “promised” delivery date was between March to April 2023. This was a very much annoying and frustrating experience. Mahindra customer care was of no help as they were not able to produce the reasons, they were simply and shamelessly copy-pasting the date from the system to us.

Finally, my father handed over the existing Scorpio to the buyer and took an Innova on rent for a month hoping that we will get the vehicle by March.

13th Feb 2023

Sharma Ji and Thakur Sahab who were asking me what is “Scorpio-N” were driving the brand new Scorpio N. They had got it through the dealer within 1 month of booking and I who waited for this for the last 2 years, booked on minute 1 of the day 0, still had no clue when I will get mine.

28th March 2023

The tracking option again disappeared, and I was hoping that there should be no further extension, but I received an email from the dealer that I will get the vehicle by the 28th of April. Finally, the wait was over. :Cheering:

15 April 2023

I emailed Mahindra and the dealer about the list of documents required and PDI and in return I received a response that my vehicle “promised” delivery date is in May 2023. Trust me, I never felt so cheated in my entire life and the most painful part is that a giant and reputed company is doing this.

25 April 2023

This article is written on this date and there are no remote signs of justification from Mahindra. I have sent a number of emails to Mahindra and the dealership, and dozens of tweets to Mr Anand Mahindra but all in vain.
The Innova which I had booked for 1 month, is now in the second month and it is certain that it will be there for the 3rd month as well or maybe more.

Who is at fault?

• How difficult was it for Mahindra to compute the delivery dates when they had the exact idea of variants/colours?
  • If they calculated it right, why couldn’t they fulfil the orders?
  • Did they prioritise the cash cow variant Z8? Is it ethical? I have absolutely no problem with this but then why Z4 buyers are being communicated false delivery dates?
  • Can we blame the government’s environmental norms BS6.2 for production impact? Does this mean government introduced BS6.2 overnight and Mahindra had no idea about this
  • Dealers are using cancelled bookings to book the profits rather than passing on that benefit to the next customer in the line.

Are there any legal options available for me for these repeated false delivery dates?

Top Bottom