Mahindra Scorpio-N Launched

Thread Starter #37

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra Scorpio N unveiled

20220520052201_20220520050805_Scorpio 2.jpg

Mahindra has unveiled the all-new Scorpio-N. The all-new Scorpio will be available in five trims. Starting with the Z2 to all the way up to Z8 L, which will be the fully-loaded variant of the all-new Scorpio-N. Mahindra did not reveal the price but said, “Daddy is going to give you a price that you cannot refuse.” Mahindra refers the Scorpio-N as “Big Daddy of SUVs”.

20220627060648_Scorpio _front.jpg
The new Scorpio-N is wider, taller, and longer than the Scorpio Classic, and it’s even wider, taller, and has a longer wheelbase compared to the Tata Safari. The vehicle is also based on a new ladder-frame chassis, making it safer and sturdier compared to the Scorpio Classic.

20220627060656_Scorpio interior.jpg

The new Mahindra Scorpio-N retains its high-set bonnet and upright seating position, giving it the road presence people loved about it. As with the all-new exterior design, the interior has also been refreshed, however, it retains its three-row seating configuration, only with a small change — the third-row seats are now forward-facing. The Scorpio gets an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Mahindra’s AdrenoX connectivity and a Sony 3D surround sound system. It also gets smartphone connectivity and Alexa support.

20220627060704_Scorpio cabin.jpg

The dash is finished in dual-tone soft-touch material, the seats are better-bolstered, while silver accents finish the door handles. The instrument cluster is now a digital unit, while the steering wheel gets controls to the infotainment system. Other features include an electric sunroof, wireless charging, remote start and temperature control, power seats, and more.

20220627060710_Scorpio_side_profile.jpg

One of the Scorpio’s secret weapons has always been its powerful diesel engine capable of keeping up with lighter, faster sedans on the highway. Taking the same approach, the new Scorpio-N gets a 2.2-litre diesel engine in two states of tune, and a 2.0-litre petrol engine. The engines are either mated to a manual or an automatic gearbox, with three drive modes — Zip Zap, and Zoom.

92188634.jpg

Similar to the older versions of the Scorpio, the new Mahindra Scorpio-N gets an on-the-fly part-time four-wheel-drive system with a terrain select system that makes the Scorpio-N even more capable with the backings of a computer brain. This will be a welcome feature for enthusiasts as none of its rivals in the segment, including the Tata Safari, do not have a 4WD system.

92188695.jpg

Safety has also been taken up a notch as Mahindra has eyes on five-star safety ratings. It gets 6 airbags, ESC, drowsiness detection, and disc brakes on all four wheels, along with ABD, EBD, ISOFIX seat anchors, and more.

92188651.jpg

Prices for the new Mahindra Scorpio-N will be announced soon, while bookings are open from 30 July onwards, while test drives in select cities will begin on July 5, and for the other cities on July 15. Deliveries will begin this festive season.
////

Thread Starter #38

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Mahindra Scorpio-N - Prices Start at ₹ 11.99 Lakh

i7q84a58_mahindra-scorpion_625x300_27_June_22.jpg

Mahindra has finally launched the Scorpio-N in India at a starting price of ₹ 11.99 Lakh (Ex-Showroom). While Mahindra said that it will announce the pricing of the automatic and 4x4 variants on July 21, 2022, Mahindra announced the entire pricing of the 4x2 manual variants of the SUV. The Mahindra Scorpio-N tops out at ₹ 19.49 Lakh (Ex-Showroom). Mahindra also said that these are the introductory prices for the SUV, and will only be applicable for the first 25,000 bookings.

FireShot Capture 022 - New Mahindra Scorpio-N Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs. 11.99 L_ ...png
////

This is going to be another smash hit from Mahindra.

BUT on the design front I am disappointed. Let me tell you why. During the presentation, they showed early design sketches. Some of them were drop dead gorgeous and would've still made justice to the "big daddy" tagline.

I think here in Haryana Punjab and Rajasthan this will be very successful because I have seen people capable of buying cars worth of 50 lacs are using Scorpio and then another Scorpio and then another Scorpo in our villages. It has most features required and a greater power, understated design so it will sell in good numbers.

I had a quick visit to see Scorpio-N and following are my takeaways,
  • Was interested in selling off my New Thar and replace it with 4x4 Scorpio-N but I felt that Scorpio-N cannot be used for Hardcore off-roading as I currently do with my New Thar for the following reasons,
    • No tow hook in the front, but only in the rear. For off-roading recovery hook is a must (recovery hook load rating is much higher than tow hook)
    • Rear DEF tank is set low next to bumper and most likely to be damaged during off-roading
    • Ground clerance of about 190mm ☹
    • MLD & Brake Locking differentials are only available in Z8 variant and not in Z4 4X4 variants
  • 1st & 2nd row seating position and view are good and comfortable
  • Liked the body styling and proportions
  • 3rd row seats are very cramped. I find my Honda Mobilio to be more comfortable
  • I would personally prefer XUV700 over Scorpio-N & retain my Thar

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I also took a test drive of the petrol automatic on Saturday. Here are my observations.

1. The cabin is wide and spacious. First and second row are definitely the best places to be.
2. Boot space with all three rows is negligible.
3. The car didn't feel underpowered at all but the auto gearbox felt a little coarse to me. It wasn't that smooth.
4. Lot of wind noise above 80kmph.
5. The steering because of front tyres felt a little odd on rumble strips. It seemed like the tyres are moving in and out. Will have to take td once again.
6. Reverse camera quality is really bad.
7. Sony audio system was so-so. Not that great.
8. The interior color and texture felt nice.
9. Visibility all around in the car is Excellent.

Have added z6 AT diesel to the cart. Let's see if this turns into a purchase or not. Dad agreed but sister ,wife and mother are all saying why are we spending so much on car. I do need a proper mountain car since we do a lot of mountain trips and this feels perfect.

Top Bottom