Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk VLX Micro Hybrid 2WD

Re: Booked Scorpio m-Hawk VLX 2WD Manual

Hey sudarshan, which tyres have you got with hawk.

I have recently seen MRF Wanderer's on hawk especially on SLE model.

It's a good move by M&M against JK's Elanzo's.

350Z

Core Team

Congratulations once again for the great buy. Now eagerly looking forward to see some snaps of your car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The shuddering and vibration could be due to a defect/damage to the eng/gear box mounting, and the vibration of the gear lever due to mis allignment of the propeller shaft.

Thread Starter #35
Hey sudarshan, which tyres have you got with hawk.

I have recently seen MRF Wanderer's on hawk especially on SLE model.

It's a good move by M&M against JK's Elanzo's.

It came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T on all the 4 wheels and the spare

The shuddering and vibration could be due to a defect/damage to the eng/gear box mounting, and the vibration of the gear lever due to mis allignment of the propeller shaft.
Thanks for the info. I will mention that during my first service.

Rather, I am planning to meet the Service folks before the first service itself. As of now, the odo reads 1800 km with in 2.5 weeks of purchase. I don't want these issues to be carried on till the 5000 km mark [angry]

It came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T on all the 4 wheels and the spare

Thanks for the info. I will mention that during my first service.

Rather, I am planning to meet the Service folks before the first service itself. As of now, the odo reads 1800 km with in 2.5 weeks of purchase. I don't want these issues to be carried on till the 5000 km mark [angry]
Sudarshan is the 5th wheel is made of alloy or is it the normal one?

Thread Starter #37
The 5th wheel comes WITH OUT alloy. They charged Rs.5000 for putting alloys.

I have isolated the "tick-tick" and "thug" sounds. They come only when I switch on the AC. No sounds when outside air is taken.

Of late, there is a sluggish response from the car for 5 seconds or so while accelerating. The car springs to normal pick-up after that. It happens while up-shifting.

Apart from the issues that I mentioned, the ride is superb and we are enjoying every bit of it [:D]

The 2-DIN Bluetooth Audio system from Nippon is decent and speakers with tweeters do a fair job [clap]

The 5th wheel comes WITH OUT alloy
[frustration]again a cost cutting idea.

OT:It is good to have rotation of tyres for uniform life and wear & tear. In such case, using 3 alloy wheels and 1 steel wheel will look awkward. We started a practice of having the spare wheel unused for years together even after changing 2 sets of running tyres. Unused rubber / nylon product looses its strength and property. What's the solution for this?

During my recent visit to SKS Auto i saw an Vlx-4WD, there the rep was showing the owner how the spare tyre is lowered.

That's why i asked you.

It's very sad M&M is making this move.[anger]

So i am lucky that all the 5 tyre's of mine came with alloy and TPMS.

And does the 5th tyre has TPMS?

So what's the difference in providing a product in the top-end & not providing the alloys.

[frustration]again a cost cutting idea.

OT:It is good to have rotation of tyres for uniform life and wear & tear. In such case, using 3 alloy wheels and 1 steel wheel will look awkward. We started a practice of having the spare wheel unused for years together even after changing 2 sets of running tyres. Unused rubber / nylon product looses its strength and property. What's the solution for this?
Yes tyre's tend to be brittle in an year or two.
So whenever a puncture occurs, you get an oppurtunity to use the spare tyre.
After the puncture is sealed, you can use the normal 4 tyres.
Keeping the spare back at the same position.
And then as usual rotating the tyre every 5000 kms.
When the 1st 4 tyres are rotated every 5k kms,then the spare should be used in the front, with one tyre of the front going to the spare position.
That is how i am following, after my Bridgestone Dueller's had a cut on the side profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am lucky that all the 5 tyre's of mine came with alloy and TPMS.
When the 1st 4 tyres are rotated every 5k kms,then the spare should be used in the front, with one tyre of the front going to the spare position.
That is how i am following
You have got 5 alloy wheels, how can a person with 4 alloys and 1 steel wheel give a rotation?

Welcome to the MHawk gang [:)] your have made the right decision

congratulations on your buy, have a joyful and safe ride.

Sad to hear that your vehicle has too many vibrations, even my vehicle had body vibrations while running at around 1600 rpm on every gear, complained to SKS who replaced all possible parts which could cause vibrations (it turned up that they changed items of around 45-50k all under warranty) but still the vibrations keep happening but reduced a lot after they changed the transmission shaft(the original had a bend it seems). In my 15k service some cotech from mahindra checked the vehicle who said these small vibrations happen when the turbo mode starts [confused]. Not fully satisfied, no solution found yet.

until last year the high end vehicle was factory fitted with all alloy wheels, cost cutting !!

last time when I visited the workshop I checked one of the new vehicles, they have also made some changes in the interiors, do post few pics.

Welcome to the MHawk gang [:)] your have made the right decision

congratulations on your buy, have a joyful and safe ride.

Sad to hear that your vehicle has too many vibrations, even my vehicle had body vibrations while running at around 1600 rpm on every gear, complained to SKS who replaced all possible parts which could cause vibrations (it turned up that they changed items of around 45-50k all under warranty) but still the vibrations keep happening but reduced a lot after they changed the transmission shaft(the original had a bend it seems).
In my 15k service some cotech from mahindra checked the vehicle who said these small vibrations happen when the turbo mode starts [confused]. Not fully satisfied, no solution found yet.
Srinivas i think the cotech has given you wrong information.
There is no vibration when the turbo kicks in.
What kind of vibration are you facing.
And one thing the more they try to solve the problem, the more they ruin it.

Srinivas i think the cotech has given you wrong information.
There is no vibration when the turbo kicks in.
What kind of vibration are you facing.
I am sure the co-tech tried to give me a very technical goli, that's the reason I complained to the service floor manager and higher ups in SKS about the Co-tech's answer, for which I wanted a written statement about the Scorpio having this problem and Mahindra not being able to fix the problem.

They tried to convince me by giving test rides of different vehicles (I appreciate there professionalism, I was asked to join them when they were doing test run after the service), interestingly the vehicles had greater noise than mine but the owners never complained about it.

The vibrations are very minimal it happens for 1-2 sec when I am crossing the 1600 rpm mark. I keep asking my family about the noise and they never notice, and are always happy about the quietness in the cabin (might be they are used to noise from my old indica) [;)]

And one thing the more they try to solve the problem, the more they ruin it.
This is the reason I stopped complaining, I don't have any problems otherwise (touch wood) I will wait for another 1000 kms to judge the noise before taking the vehicle for inspection. what say ?

Top Bottom