Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk VLX Micro Hybrid 2WD

Re: Booked Scorpio m-Hawk VLX 2WD Manual

A quick question to all those who recently booked a scorpio. I got quotation from all the 3 dealers in Bangalore - India Garage, Sireesh Auto and SKS Automobiles.

The break-up for new Scorpio VLX with Airbags for Feb 2011 goes like this:

Ex-showroom price = Rs. 10,16,001
Road Tax = Rs. 1,89,992
Insurance = Rs. 39,518
Registration = Rs. 6,000
Std Fitment = Rs. 8015 [Alloys for the 5th wheel, Scuff plates, Floor Mats]
Extended Warranty = Rs. 9,999

TOTAL = 12,69,525

Current Offers/Discounts:

Insurance discount = Rs.14,500 on VLX
Exchange bonus = Rs.15,000
Corporate discount = Rs.10,000

Exchange Bonus did not apply as this is my first vehicle and my company is not listed in their database, so Corporate discount also ruled out [frustration]

India Garage gave an offer - Rs.70,000 off on the On Road Price [:D]

Here how it works:

Ex-showroom price = Rs. 9,99,501 [16,500 discount]
Road Tax = Rs. 1,53,923 [gets reduced because ex-showroom price less than 10 lacs]
Insurance = Rs. 25,018 [manufacturer's 14,500 offer]
Registration = Rs. 6,000
Std Fitment = Rs. 5000 [Alloys for the 5th wheel, Scuff plates + Floor Mats = FREE]
Extended Warranty = Rs. 9,999

TOTAL = 11,99,941

A savings of 69,584 ! No discounts from Sireesh and SKS, apart from Insurance, Exchange and Corporate offers. So decided to go with India Garage.

Is the offer from India Garage a good one ? Could I have bargained for more ? Please let me know ASAP...
Well with SKS you would have got a good deal.
Don't hurry to book now.
How about the breakup of SKS?
Make a deal to get those std fitment at no extra cost.
Including body cover, Scuff plate,Rain Visor, Mats.
Let me know if you want more details.

PM me your id.
I will tell you in detail.

Congrats and enjoy your ride !! The extended warranty is sure a blessing in disguise.

Congrats and enjoy your ride !! The extended warranty is sure a blessing in disguise.
Yes surely it is.

But i had paid 11,000/- after a year though it was 8000 with the brand new car.
But extended warranty is surely worth every penny.

Yes its better to take it at the time of purchase , even i paid 10k for getting extended warranty for my Verna as my previous owner did not take it during delivery time. For my Aria it costed just 7k!

Thread Starter #20

Hi Folks,

Sorry, I could not update this thread as I was busy with my office work.

Finally, I got my "Scorpio VLX Micro Hybrid 2WD Manual" delivered in the second week of March [:D]

I will post the pictures in couple of days. The colour is Rocky Beige, 7 seater side-facing seats.

Delivery Experience

The Assistant Sales Manager in India Garage, Bangalore who was handling my case, was very cordial and polite through out this purchase experience. He got all the things delivered whatever I had asked for. While the other 2 dealers gave the cash discount on the On Road Price, he gave it on Ex-Show room Price, thereby reducing the Road Tax and the total discount was around 70k which I have mentioned earlier in this thread.

I had done a PDI before registration and the car was in a good condition. The odo reading was 33 km.

After registration and during the time of delivery, the odo was still 33 km. Vehicle was delivered in a good condition [glasses]

Accessories

The dealer gave the following as freebies:

1. Floor Mats - rubber type, washable, black in colour. It does not match with the beige interiors. They did not have the beige ones in stock
  2. Scuff plates - silver colour
  3. Car cover
  4. Perfume and Idol
I added the following from the dealer itself:

1. V-Kool Sunfilm M-70 for front windshield and M-20 on sides and rear = Rs.10,000
  2. Silver colour Bull bar = Rs. 6500
  3. Fabric Seat Covers = Rs.4500
  4. Chrome Kit = Rs.5600
  5. Rain Visor on all the windows = Rs.2000
  6. Roof A/C chiller (required for last row as there are no A/C vents) = Rs.7500
The above charges are inclusive of labour and VAT

Congrats Sudarshan on your New Acquisition.
Wish you Miles of Safe & Happy Motoring.[:)]

And Purchase Extended Warranty for your car.
I think its 9,000 with the new vehicle.
Later you will have to pay more.

Thread Starter #22

Congrats Sudarshan on your New Acquisition.
Wish you Miles of Safe & Happy Motoring.[:)]

And Purchase Extended Warranty for your car.
I think its 9,000 with the new vehicle.
Later you will have to pay more.
Thanks for the wishes !

Yes, I have taken the extended warranty

Thread Starter #23

Hi,

I need answers for the following issues [anger], I am facing in my new Scorpio. It has clocked 700 kms since I bought it 2 weeks back.

1. I hear "tick tick" sound emanating from driver side door every 10 seconds. It starts as soon as the vehicle moves and keeps occurring while the vehicle is in motion. No sound when the car is idle.
  2. The gear level vibrates a lot. Mine is a Refresh model and I believe, in this model, the vibration issue should have been fixed [frustration]

Congratulations Sudarshan , we are waiting for the pictures buddy! Seems like you are also a mile muncher like us , 700KMS already!

Hello Sudharshan,

Congrats for your new Monster.
My wishes you to enjoy safe Lakhs of Kilometers.

Hi,

I need answers for the following issues [anger], I am facing in my new Scorpio. It has clocked 700 kms since I bought it 2 weeks back.

1. I hear "tick tick" sound emanating from driver side door every 10 seconds. It starts as soon as the vehicle moves and keeps occurring while the vehicle is in motion. No sound when the car is idle.
  2. The gear level vibrates a lot. Mine is a Refresh model and I believe, in this model, the vibration issue should have been fixed [frustration]
1.I have never heard such sound in my hawk.
Have you fixed rain visors?
If yes, may be that might be making the sound.

2.And at which gear does your hawk vibrate.
As i had mentioned earlier in my thread that the gear knob used to vibrate at 3rd Gear.

In my case the Cotech of M&M Mumbai had visited to my earlier dealer Sireesh Auto and they had ordered a kit.
That kit was fitted within 15 days of order.
With that the vibration has reduced drastically but not stopped.
The gear changes has been smooth.
So at which slot is it vibrating?

Congratulations sudharshang. I guess, you have managed to get the best discount possible. Wish you miles of happiness. Please do post the pics.

Thread Starter #29

1.I have never heard such sound in my hawk.
Have you fixed rain visors?
If yes, may be that might be making the sound.

2.And at which gear does your hawk vibrate.
As i had mentioned earlier in my thread that the gear knob used to vibrate at 3rd Gear.

In my case the Cotech of M&M Mumbai had visited to my earlier dealer Sireesh Auto and they had ordered a kit.
That kit was fitted within 15 days of order.
With that the vibration has reduced drastically but not stopped.
The gear changes has been smooth.
So at which slot is it vibrating?

1. The tick tick sound was coming even before I installed Rain Visors. It still continues.
  2. Now, I hear a "thug" sound coming from co-passenger side dashboard. It comes and disappears randomly, no specific situation or condition.
  3. The whole car shudders when it is switched off. Does it happen in all the Scorpios ?
  4. There is considerable vibration when the car is in neutral. I see the Left ORVM vibrating.
  5. The gear lever vibration is on all the slots from 1st through 5th and also in reverse. I keep my left hand on the gear knob and involuntarily, my left hand "disco-dances" !!!
  6. Overall, a shaking & vibrating experience so far [frustration]
I did NOT face these issues when I TDed my car before and after registration. Even the Demo car which had clocked 40,000 km was butter smooth [confused]

I explained all these problems to India Garage. You know what they told ?

"We will rectify all the issues in First Service". I think I have to wait till I hit 5000 km or July

Last edited by a moderator:

1. The tick tick sound was coming even before I installed Rain Visors. It still continues.
  2. Now, I hear a "thug" sound coming from co-passenger side dashboard. It comes and disappears randomly, no specific situation or condition.
  3. The whole car shudders when it is switched off. Does it happen in all the Scorpios ?
  4. There is considerable vibration when the car is in neutral. I see the Left ORVM vibrating.
  5. The gear lever vibration is on all the slots from 1st through 5th and also in reverse. I keep my left hand on the gear knob and involuntarily, my left hand "disco-dances" !!!
  6. Overall, a shaking & vibrating experience so far [frustration]
I did NOT face these issues when I TDed my car before and after registration. Even the Demo car which had clocked 40,000 km was butter smooth [confused]

I explained all these problems to India Garage. You know what they told ?

"We will rectify all the issues in First Service". I think I have to wait till I hit 5000 km or July
Well i am quite amazed to hear that gear lever is vibrating from 1st-5th gear.
In my case it used to vibrate only on 3rd gear slot.

And there is no vibration of the ORVM in my car.
Yes while switching the engine off press the clutch and turn it off.
The vibration will be less.
It's normal as you are turning of the heavy engine.
With earlier 2.6 Crde steering used to shake a lot, while turning off.

Top Bottom