Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk VLX Micro Hybrid 2WD

Thread Starter #1
I am happy to say that I booked Scorpio m-Hawk VLX 2WD Manual transmission with India Garage, Bangalore today [:)]

Expecting the delivery in first week of March, will share the booking and delivery experience soon.

Moderators: please move this to correct section if it is not appropriate here

Re: Booked Scorpio m-Hawk VLX 2WD Manual

Hello Sudharshan,

A very warm welcome to The Automotive India. Congratulations for the booking of your Scorpio. Feel free to start a thread for any query you have.
Here are some threads which will be of help while the regn/delivery of your car.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/489-new-car-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-answers/521-decoding-vehicle-information-number-vin.html

Enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,
Akash

Thread Starter #3

Hello Sudharshan,

A very warm welcome to The Automotive India. Congratulations for the booking of your Scorpio. Feel free to start a thread for any query you have.
Here are some threads which will be of help while the regn/delivery of your car.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../489-new-car-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-decoding-vehicle-information-number-vin.html

Enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,
Akash
Hi Akash,

Thanks for your wishes.

I will definitely use the information available in TAI for inspecting my vehicle before registration and delivery.

Cheers,
Sudharshan

Congrats Sudarshan on Your Booking of Scorpio-Vlx.
Welcome to the Hawk gang buddy.

Which color have you booked.
And with airbags???

350Z

Core Team

Sudarshan, Welcome to TAI and Congratulations! Please share the details and booking experience soon. Go through the links posted by Akash, and do not hesitate to ask any queries regarding purchase. Enjoy your stay. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

sudarshan, welcome to TAI and congratulations on your new booked vehicle.Do go through our PDI and VIN information thread and make sure you take time out and check those things in detail before getting registeration of your vehicle.Enjoy your stay and feel free to know more about some queries if you have so for your vehicle.
BTW if you can share your booking experience, offers you got, final amount you finalised do share.

Hi Sudarshan, welcome to TAI and have a great stay ahead here!

Congrats on booking the m-hawk. It is a very good vehicle to own[thumbsup]

Do share with us about how you decided on the m-hawk. Stuff like requirements, budget, vehicles considered, test-drives etc.

Congratulations on the booking buddy! Scorpio is one mighty muscular SUV which i would love to watch all day! Waiting for your booking experience and report.

Thread Starter #12

Congratulations on the booking buddy! Scorpio is one mighty muscular SUV which i would love to watch all day! Waiting for your booking experience and report.
Congrats Sudarshan on Your Booking of Scorpio-Vlx.
Welcome to the Hawk gang buddy.

Which color have you booked.
And with airbags???
Thanks for all the wishes fellow TAI pals !

Yes, I have taken Airbags as an option. When you spend so much on the top variant, I honestly believe that one should go for Safety - Air Bags.

The colour is Rocky Beige, 7-seater with side facing child seats in the last row. 8 seater does not make sense in Scorpio as far as space and comfort is concerned. The suspension and ride quality has greatly improved in the Scorpio refresh model !

On my decision to choose the "Butch" is rather peculiar. I always had a crush on that machine right from my college days.

Do you believe that it is going to be the first car in our house ?

I had driven a Nissan Versa sedan Automatic while in US for 6 years. After coming back, I wanted a decent sedan. These are the options we had:

Maruti - SX4
Hyundai - Verna diesel
Tata - Manza diesel
Fiat - Linea T-Jet Plus
Ford - Fiesta diesel
Mahindra - Xylo, Scorpio

I was getting more and more confused with every test drive of all the cars, evaluating each ones pros and cons against the other [frustration]

I finally decided to go with my heart and also I observed a sense of majesticity and royal feeling on my wife's face when she saw the "Mighty Muscular" . So went ahead with Scorpio booking[drive]

Thread Starter #13

A quick question to all those who recently booked a scorpio. I got quotation from all the 3 dealers in Bangalore - India Garage, Sireesh Auto and SKS Automobiles.

The break-up for new Scorpio VLX with Airbags for Feb 2011 goes like this:

Ex-showroom price = Rs. 10,16,001
Road Tax = Rs. 1,89,992
Insurance = Rs. 39,518
Registration = Rs. 6,000
Std Fitment = Rs. 8015 [Alloys for the 5th wheel, Scuff plates, Floor Mats]
Extended Warranty = Rs. 9,999

TOTAL = 12,69,525

Current Offers/Discounts:

Insurance discount = Rs.14,500 on VLX
Exchange bonus = Rs.15,000
Corporate discount = Rs.10,000

Exchange Bonus did not apply as this is my first vehicle and my company is not listed in their database, so Corporate discount also ruled out [frustration]

India Garage gave an offer - Rs.70,000 off on the On Road Price [:D]

Here how it works:

Ex-showroom price = Rs. 9,99,501 [16,500 discount]
Road Tax = Rs. 1,53,923 [gets reduced because ex-showroom price less than 10 lacs]
Insurance = Rs. 25,018 [manufacturer's 14,500 offer]
Registration = Rs. 6,000
Std Fitment = Rs. 5000 [Alloys for the 5th wheel, Scuff plates + Floor Mats = FREE]
Extended Warranty = Rs. 9,999

TOTAL = 11,99,941

A savings of 69,584 ! No discounts from Sireesh and SKS, apart from Insurance, Exchange and Corporate offers. So decided to go with India Garage.

Is the offer from India Garage a good one ? Could I have bargained for more ? Please let me know ASAP...

350Z

Core Team

A savings of 69,584 ! No discounts from Sireesh and SKS, apart from Insurance, Exchange and Corporate offers. So decided to go with India Garage. Is the offer from India Garage a good one ? Could I have bargained for more ? Please let me know ASAP...
Of course, this offer is a good one when the other two dealers are not offering an equally attractive deal at all. Depending upon your bargaining skills, there’s always a scope of negotiation, try it out and also remember to ask for basic aftermarket accessories (Such as window films etc.) because these things are usually offered at dealership level for free of cost or at discounted rate on MRP.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom