Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk VLX Micro Hybrid 2WD

Another Happy Beast Owner! Congratulations on reaching the 50K mark quickly, wish you many more happy miles...

Thread Starter #63
Micro hybrid feature is very useful in saving fuel consumption when the car is idling in traffic.

The only downfall I can think of is, clutch wearing out soon because of frequent pressing of the clutch lever. But I may be wrong.

My clutch gave up at 60,000 km after 2.5 years [evil]

Micro hybrid feature is very useful in saving fuel consumption when the car is idling in traffic.

The only downfall I can think of is, clutch wearing out soon because of frequent pressing of the clutch lever. But I may be wrong.

My clutch gave up at 60,000 km after 2.5 years [evil]
Thanks,Well clutch wearing out is normal because of wear & tear depending on how the person drives, too much in half-clutch etc. your usage is quite high so I don't think its that bad.

In another thread I started below one person mentioned that the starter motor which cranks the engine could also go bad sooner due to frequent ON/OFF in MicroHybrid.

Hope you are not facing any such issues with the starter/motor!

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/14036-mahindras-microhybrid-technology.html

Thread Starter #65
Thanks,Well clutch wearing out is normal because of wear & tear depending on how the person drives, too much in half-clutch etc. your usage is quite high so I don't think its that bad.

In another thread I started below one person mentioned that the starter motor which cranks the engine could also go bad sooner due to frequent ON/OFF in MicroHybrid.

Hope you are not facing any such issues with the starter/motor!

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/14036-mahindras-microhybrid-technology.html
No, I have NOT faced any such problem with starter/motor so far. It is clearly mentioned in the Owners Manual that it is a special starter/motor which will handle frequent starts and stops.

Most of the times, it could be loose connection or some minor problem. The service folks don't diagnose properly. They simply replace parts. If you have extended warranty, then peace of mind [:D]

I have brought this many times to Service Managers and Mahindra Customer Care.

OT - I don't have any problem with Scorpio parts quality. They serve the purpose very well.

It is the Service guys that meddle with existing problems or create newer ones [frustration]

Agree with you Sudharshan,
Using start stop would not have problems with the cluch as such but There is a spring(bolt) like thing attached to the cluch pedal which might get jammed or worn out due to using start stop. I recently had a check on it after having clocked 43000 on my beast and it could still go on for some time.

I am seeing that the center compartment/cover which touches your left leg get heated up in my scorpio, after opening the cover found out the heat is from the AC hot pipes whose heat wrapper has worn out or damaged, need to get it replaced in my next service station visit. Do any of you see such thing on your scorpios.

Regards
Srinivas

Thread Starter #67
I am seeing that the center compartment/cover which touches your left leg get heated up in my scorpio, after opening the cover found out the heat is from the AC hot pipes whose heat wrapper has worn out or damaged, need to get it replaced in my next service station visit. Do any of you see such thing on your scorpios.

Regards
Srinivas
Nope, I have not faced that issue in my Scorpio

Thread Starter #68
Wanted to highlight Mahindra's prompt action and ASC's pathetic service.

I left my vehicle for 1,20,000 km service at Chrome Motors, Anepalya, Bangalore in June 2016. They have been servicing my vehicle for the past 4 years. So far, it was good.

I had to replace all the 5 stock Bridgestone tyres as I had driven 1.2 lakh km in 6 years [evil]

I got a good deal from ASC itself and they replaced all the tyres with new ones. They did the wheel alignment and wheel balancing too.

After few days, I noticed that the steering wheel was wobbling when the vehicle's speed was greater than 100 km/h speed. Also, the steering wheel felt loose and the drive was not smooth. Both front tyres were loosing tread fast and they had become soft like butter in many places !

Went to ASC after a month and told them all the issues. They told me that the vehicle requires Suspension Overhaul and the entire Steering Wheel assembly had to be replaced. The estimate was around Rs.30,000 [shock]

I refused to believe them. Took the vehicle to an outside Wheel Alignment centre in Hosur. They found that "wrong wheel alignment" was the issue and corrected it. They swapped front and back tyres and asked me to drive for few days and report. To my surprise, the drive was fantastic, no more wobbling and vibrations. Steering wheel felt tighter. I saw that there was no wear and tear on the front tyres.

Complained to Mahindra Customer Care, Mahindra Regional Manager, GM and MD of Chrome Motors. They did an investigation and accepted that Chrome Motors did NOT align the front tyres properly and agreed to replace the damaged tyres with new ones. Each tyre costs Rs.7,200. Thanked Mahindra for their quick action and putting customer's confidence back !!

After having lost trust in Chrome Motors - Anepalya, now I have to try SK Car Zone at Bannerghatta Road.

After having lost trust in Chrome Motors - Anepalya, now I have to try SK Car Zone at Bannerghatta Road.
A couple of things here that I felt like pointing out.

1. Most ASCs are NOT WA and WB experts and are expensive too. I've never gotten it done by them.

2. Chrome is not a bad place to go to and I'd suggest you give them a second shot since this is the only bad experience you have had and they owned up their mistake and gave you new tires. Not everyone would do that.

3. Anant Cars is also a good M&M service centre and you can give them a shot as well.

Top Bottom