Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk Rocky Beige Bought

Dear Scorpion's,

Need some advise. I have noticed that when I inflate the tyres and drive for few days and then again go for inflation of the tyres, the tyre shows higher than 32psi and in the range of 35-36psi normally. Now, I am used to seeing the tyres getting deflated after use (in any vehicle) but this is not the case here. I have observed this now for 4-5 times and its really bothering me...

Infact i spoke to Mahindra A.S.S on this and they said if you drive the vehicle for few km's and then inflate the tyres, it doesn't show the correct pressure. though I do not agree with this logic and its not practical. I mean I have been driving from past 20 yrs and not seen this et all [frustration] Now, I'm really helpless here as to inflate/topup the tyres I will need to go a petrol bunk and thats around 5kms from my place. So if i go by their logic, I will never be able to get the correct tyre pressure in the tyres..

I need suggestions from fellow Scorpion's on if this is true and what's the solution?

Thanks in advance !!

I think Mukesh has answered your questions already. Normally tyres get heated up after driving for a few KMS itself and that is why your tyres have been showing higher pressure than usual. This is nothing much to worry about , as Mukesh said try checking your tyre pressure during early mornings when the tyres are still cold.

Thread Starter #94
Folks,

Couple of days back while driving I got the signal as in the picture. I was clueless on whats the signal for so thought let me shut down the engine and try again. I did and surprisingly the signal went off. Next day when i started the vehicle this signal again came up and even after re-starting for couple of times, it did not go. So I called up the ASS and checked with them on what to do? They suggested me to come to the workshop slowly and get it checked. So i decided to go there and while I was driving the vehicle lost the pickup. I again called up the ASS and asked them on whether I should drive like this and will it cause any further problem but they said just come slowly sir.

So finally I drove to the ASS slowly and got it checked. They told me its a internal issue and will need to do something with the laptop and it will be fine. I was told that this will take maximum 20 mins, but when they checked further, told me that it might take long (more than 3-4 hrs). now I was a little worried on whats the problem and suspected it might be something big or they jokers don't know what to fix ??

So I left the vehicle there and came back to my place. In about couple of hours I got the call from them saying that vehicle is ready and they are sending the vehicle to my place. In about an hour or so they did send the vehicle and the problem was rectified.

Now I was told that there was something stuck in some vacuum pipe and 'coz of that this problem came. I was not very satisfied with the explanation given but, just test drove the vehicle and it was looking fine. I didn't wanted to take any chance as I had a long drive planned the next day. So checked it thoroughly and car was fine with regular pickup and the signal was gone.

Now, I want to know from you fellas if you've faced any such issues with your Hawks and what was the problem. Though the vehicle is fine now, but I don't want to take any chances and prolong this. Any suggestions/guidance is appreciated.

Also, the auto lock of my Hawk is behaving weirdly which I need to get it checked. somehow I'm getting frustrated with the niggles of Scorpio. Every time you drive you have a surprise [frustration]Not sure what to expect and what not ... when I bought it, I was thinking that it will be a stable system, but now I agree with lot of people that there will be niggles and niggles.. I hate going to A.S.S every time. I have not yet completed 2 months and have spent more than 7 days at A.S.S. Though I'm excited to have a good vehicle but now that charm is getting ruined by these niggles. [cry]

Attachments

Amit thats the water in the fuel.
This glows when the fuel filter accumulates water inside the fuel tank.

So the fuel pump is the culprit.

How does it happen? Can it be because of adulterated fuel? Any tips how do we avoid this?
Visit COCO(Company owned) Fuel Pumps.
I usually fill at BTM IOC , Advaith , Kaveri Bunk near Lalbagh, Parkview Station where most of cabbies and buses fill.

If the pumps tanks are not maintained well during rains water can enter along with fuel.

So its better to avoid filling on highways, I usually fill the tank full in any cities.
But never in villages or the fuel dispenser in Z shape.

Where was the last time you had filled the fuel, before this incident happened.

Folks,

Couple of days back while driving I got the signal as in the picture. I was clueless on whats the signal for so thought let me shut down the engine and try again. I did and surprisingly the signal went off. Next day when i started the vehicle this signal again came up and even after re-starting for couple of times, it did not go. So I called up the ASS and checked with them on what to do? They suggested me to come to the workshop slowly and get it checked. So i decided to go there and while I was driving the vehicle lost the pickup. I again called up the ASS and asked them on whether I should drive like this and will it cause any further problem but they said just come slowly sir.

So finally I drove to the ASS slowly and got it checked. They told me its a internal issue and will need to do something with the laptop and it will be fine. I was told that this will take maximum 20 mins, but when they checked further, told me that it might take long (more than 3-4 hrs). now I was a little worried on whats the problem and suspected it might be something big or they jokers don't know what to fix ??

So I left the vehicle there and came back to my place. In about couple of hours I got the call from them saying that vehicle is ready and they are sending the vehicle to my place. In about an hour or so they did send the vehicle and the problem was rectified.

Now I was told that there was something stuck in some vacuum pipe and 'coz of that this problem came. I was not very satisfied with the explanation given but, just test drove the vehicle and it was looking fine. I didn't wanted to take any chance as I had a long drive planned the next day. So checked it thoroughly and car was fine with regular pickup and the signal was gone.

Now, I want to know from you fellas if you've faced any such issues with your Hawks and what was the problem. Though the vehicle is fine now, but I don't want to take any chances and prolong this. Any suggestions/guidance is appreciated.

Also, the auto lock of my Hawk is behaving weirdly which I need to get it checked. somehow I'm getting frustrated with the niggles of Scorpio. Every time you drive you have a surprise [frustration]Not sure what to expect and what not ... when I bought it, I was thinking that it will be a stable system, but now I agree with lot of people that there will be niggles and niggles.. I hate going to A.S.S every time. I have not yet completed 2 months and have spent more than 7 days at A.S.S. Though I'm excited to have a good vehicle but now that charm is getting ruined by these niggles. [cry]
Hello Amit i was wrong that it was not water in the fuel, it was Check Engine lamp.
I inspected my hawk's ODO and this light was check engine lamp.

Hello Amit was the check engine lamp blinking or was constantly glowing on ODO?

This might have caused due to the Oxygen sensor failure.
Or blockage in the vaccum pipes.
If it was blinking then it would have been a serious issue.

The second stage would lead any unburnt fuel being dumped again to the engine and the exhaust gases again return to the engine, which may further damage the critical engine components.

On any occasion such incidents will generate error code, which will pin point the exact fault through On Board Diagnostics(OBD).

Last edited:
Yes that is indeed the check engine lamp. I faced this problem in my Safari and the service center guys were never able to find a permanent fix to it , it kept recurring again and again. That is the main reason we sold our Safari and bought Aria. Hope they fixed the problem for you. Niggles are bound to happen with TATA and Mahindra vehicles , that is why the Japanese are known for their reliability.

Mukesh, the symbol is there on the ODO but was not glowing during this malfunction. It glows normally when I turn on the ignition and then goes off as expected.
Yes that's the normal phenomenon, the lights should come and go off during switching ON.
What i meant was in that symbol there is a CHECK word in in my car.

Thread Starter #105
Guys, I'm thinking of buying GPS device and by the net reviews looks like MMI is better choice. Any suggestions/reviews on MMI are welcome. My main usage is for long drives so I don't have to ask for directions at every corner or turn.

Top Bottom