Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk Rocky Beige Bought

Thread Starter #31
Re: Alright!! The Time Has Come To Book My Scorpio M-Hawk

@Amit: Where did you book the vehicle?
Sireesh(Silk Board) / India Garage. -
Congrats on your booking.
Which color have you booked? ≈
And one thing you could have mentioned Bridgestone Tyres on the booking form.
You will get Appollo Hawkz tyres as default as OEM. -
And i envy you on the ICE part, because you have the option of fixing the ICE.
But i will lose my Steering controls.
Still i have not changed the Music system, tomorrow i am replacing existing speakers with Hertz Components.

ICE'ing part our member raj_5004 can guide you very well on this part.
And the Autocop you will be getting it from Nippon default.
No need of fixing it outside.
If there is etching on key, then it comes with RFID technology.
And my suggestion no need of gear lock and all.

And there is nothing like tracking of vehicle's status.
Sireesh Silk Board - ROCKY BEIGE

BS Tyres - Well i wanted to but sales person told me it voids the warranty .. so i didn't push hard.. is it true?

ICE'ing - Raj any ideas?? I still havent placed the order but will b doing hopefully today as Amazon takes 3-4 business days to London

Tyres - Well guess will have to live with it.. r these too bad?

I think the sales person is joking, it would never void the warranty.
Drop a mail to Customer care stating your Booking ID, and you can get it with BS's.
I got default BS.

But with the new models Appollo Hawkz is the OEM.
I haven't tried them.

Contact Sharath over there i can provide you his number.
Manager was Srinnivas, Don't know whether he is there or not now.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #33

So I'm expecting to take the delivery this week and in preperation I bought the Pioneer 3350BT HU today. I originally planned to take Clarion CX501 but after discussing with few dealers I understood that since Clarion doesn't sell their products now in India getting a support will be troublesome - if anything goes wrong !! So I had put down my money on Pioneer 3350BT model today :) Hope it will be a good unit and can serve me well...

Anyway now I have to decide on speakers/comonents and installation. What do you folks recommend? JBL/Infinity ?? I was told by dealers again that both are good and comes with warranty as well .. big plus of buying locally. Please suggest. My budget is not more than 10k +/- 1 or 2k...

Also should I get this installed at the dealer itself? Does Sireesh have good folks to install the unit or should I go to some other car accessories dealer and get it installed? and aslo please suggest on the charges I should pay for the installation of HU + Speakers + Rear View camera..

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm you wont be facing much problems with the HU'S , Clarion would have been slightly better but no worries Pioneer is also good enough.

Components Infinity is better than JBL. I think dealer will say if you get it installed from us you will not void your warranty so i would say get it installed from the dealer.

Thread Starter #35

Folks,

I need some immediate help. As I will be going for checking the vehicle tomorrow I need to know how do I decode the VIN and where do i find the same for Scorpio.

After going through the forums here I understand that I can find VIN on Right hand side of wheel base. But I couldn't find a definitive answer for decoding a Mahindra vehicle.. though I'm still going through the forum.

Also apart from taking the Vehicle VIN#, what else should i be checking for? so I don't get a lemon?? apart from the body paint, scratches, dents etc?

I guess the PDI will be done after registration when i take the delivery on this Thursday :)

Any help is appreciated..

350Z

Core Team

Just note down the VIN of your Scorpio and post it here. Somebody (most likely wildon) will decode it for you. About the PDI, Please visit this thread (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../489-new-car-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi.html). Also try to drive the vehicle on all possible terrains and situations (Broken roads, traffic, highway etc). This will provide a good idea whether the car is all right or not. Good luck.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #37

Folks,

I saw the vehicle today which is allotted to me and believe me it was a heavenly feeling. Now I'm too excited to take the delivery and have started counting the hours :))

Anyway so the VIN# is here .. can someone decode it for me?

MA1TA2HFNB2F52269

The dealer did not let drive the vehicle today as its not yet insured and I haven't yet cleared the full payment but I could see the vehicle from inside outside and do the inspection. I did check the stuff and found everything looking new but a little dirty as he said its not yet finished for delivery. So I guess I will wait for another day to get it finished. All the interiors exteriors were sounding OK and spanking new... some black marks were there here and there in the dashboard but he said all the vehicles go through a thorough check and mechanics usually leave these prints but this will be cleaned before delivery.. which I had to agree with.

Only one problem was that the vehicle has JK Tyres and I asked him to provide BS or MRF if BS cannot be .. so he committed to me that it will be done and I will get MRF Wanderer or BS as per the availability.. hope he keeps the promise.

Now I have to make him the final payment tomorrow and send the car for regn. and take the delivery on Thursday :)

I would appreciate any key points from you seniors out here which I should watch for while taking the delivery. I will take a printout of PDI checklist and will follow it while taking the delivery.

Thanks in Advance - Amit

@ Mods please post the VIN number in the respective thread so that Wildon notices it and decodes it for him. It may not get noticed here.

Thread Starter #40

congrats dude!! dont you have any pics?? post your vin in vin decoding thread..
Here are few pictures taken from my BB. Not great but manageable...

I'm unable to embed the images in the post [confused] so adding Flickr link.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Here are few pictures taken from my BB. Not great but manageable...

I'm unable to embed the images in the post [confused] so adding Flickr link.
Hello Amit: I could not reply to your queries as i was out of town, driving the hawk.
Just came back from Mangalore, busy driving all these days.

Congrats on your new hawk.
JK Elanzo's are the crappy tyre's, make sure you see that they change the tyres before you make a payment, else they may not do it later.

So always take it in writing to what they have promised.

From the pic i think you have booked 8 seater, i feel the last row may be little bit cramped.

I had a choice to choose the car from their stockyard, so i took the car with
maximum dust outside.
There was no dust or marks inside.

Just check the condition of tyres before accepting them.

VIN is the Chassis no which can be seen after opening the bonnet just besides radiator.
And don't post your chassis no on the forum, just hide some nos by X.

And i am wondering you have got the analog ODO meter as in my hawk.
All the topend are coming with Digital ODO's.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #42

Hello Amit: I could not reply to your queries as i was out of town, driving the hawk.
Just came back from Mangalore, busy driving all these days.

Congrats on your new hawk.
JK Elanzo's are the crappy tyre's, make sure you see that they change the tyres before you make a payment, else they may not do it later.

So always take it in writing to what they have promised.

From the pic i think you have booked 8 seater, i feel the last row may be little bit cramped.

I had a choice to choose the car from their stockyard, so i took the car with
maximum dust outside.
There was no dust or marks inside.

Just check the condition of tyres before accepting them.

VIN is the Chassis no which can be seen after opening the bonnet just besides radiator.
And don't post your chassis no on the forum, just hide some nos by X.

And i am wondering you have got the analog ODO meter as in my hawk.
All the topend are coming with Digital ODO's.
Thanks Mukesh for the pointer. I have asked the dealer to switch the tyres to Apollo based on your recommendation :) Thanks Again.

Regd the meter, yes its digital. I checked it yesterday which was showing 33km on it :( not sure if that was disconnected on not.

Regarding the dust inside, I'm not sure why it was there but it was .. :( and I've told the dealer to clean every part of it now as that's what I can expect now from him. All the parts I checked were looking new....so just told him to register it. Hope will be fine.

Amit even mines are digital, what i was telling is the new digital ODO meter which shows the fuel indicator digitally.
Our's is a Analog meter with digital display, where as the topend's come with full digital meter.

Appollo hawkz are good than those JK's.

Thread Starter #44

Amit even mines are digital, what i was telling is the new digital ODO meter which shows the fuel indicator digitally.
Our's is a Analog meter with digital display, where as the topend's come with full digital meter.

Appollo hawkz are good than those JK's.

Got it !! You're right. I guess that was the one as I didn't see the tyretronics etc.. so must be analog with digital display.

Got it !! You're right. I guess that was the one as I didn't see the tyretronics etc.. so must be analog with digital display.
Amit this is the new digital meter i was speaking about, completely different from ours

Attachments

Top Bottom