Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk Rocky Beige Bought

Go ahead with MMI bro , i have it and pretty satisfied with it , worth the money. But as i said before you can't entirely depend upon it , you still have to check with a map or ask any person at times before entirely relying on it.

Guys, I'm thinking of buying GPS device and by the net reviews looks like MMI is better choice. Any suggestions/reviews on MMI are welcome. My main usage is for long drives so I don't have to ask for directions at every corner or turn.
Amit go for Version 6 maps and above they are precise and accurate.

A.S.S charges you 15,000 rs for 4" screen, which is way too costly.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #108
Thanks Mukesh and Cooldhaya for your replies.

I'm heading to Munnar tomorrow from Bangalore. Any suggestions on the route ? an state of roads etc? Thought I've read reviews and posts here .. but still any tips would be great.

I will be going to BR Hills and then to Munnar and Kodaikanal.

I'm heading to Munnar tomorrow from Bangalore. Any suggestions on the route ? an state of roads etc? Thought I've read reviews and posts here .. but still any tips would be great.

BR Hills will be in Chamrajnagar, good to know you have planned the trip to Kerala.

Why don't you start an itenary by starting new thread in Voyage junction, so that all the routes can be discussed.
Drive safe.

I can help you if you post a thread in the voyage junction because we should not go :offtopic: here.Thanks

Thread Starter #112
Folks, I have reached almost 5k with my new Scorpio SLE and its time to get it service. What is your suggestion in terms of service quality and reliability? From where do you suggest I should get it serviced? SKS Vs Sireesh in Bangalore?

Also as I have bought the vehicle form Sireesh, if I get it serviced from SKS will it be an issue? as i have some pending issues from Sireesh which I planned to get it done during 1st service. Will SKS do the needful even if they've been attended earlier by Sireesh.

The main issue I'm facing with the vehicle is the shaking of steering wheel beyond 120~140 which even after 2 attempts Sireesh has not been able to rectify. Your feedback is welcome.

Thanks.
Amit

Folks, I have reached almost 5k with my new Scorpio SLE and its time to get it service. What is your suggestion in terms of service quality and reliability? From where do you suggest I should get it serviced? SKS Vs Sireesh in Bangalore?

Also as I have bought the vehicle form Sireesh, if I get it serviced from SKS will it be an issue? as i have some pending issues from Sireesh which I planned to get it done during 1st service. Will SKS do the needful even if they've been attended earlier by Sireesh.

The main issue I'm facing with the vehicle is the shaking of steering wheel beyond 120~140 which even after 2 attempts Sireesh has not been able to rectify. Your feedback is welcome.

Thanks.
Amit
There will be no issues at all,You can give it to any service centers no problem as long you are giving to an Authorised service station,if they ask you why you changed the service center tell them frankly that you did get this issue solved.

Thanks.
Amit
Hi amith , i would recommend SKS Auto any day, their ambience is great and its better to visit through prior appointment.
You can also get an quotation of nature of work carried out.
I will PM you contacts, if you intend to visit.

The ICE on your vehicle looks really awesome. I am a new Scorpio owner..1 day old. I will start my thread soon...but had a question. With your new ICE setup are you still able to use the steering wheel audio controls for both audio and phone calls?

The ICE on your vehicle looks really awesome. I am a new Scorpio owner..1 day old. I will start my thread soon...but had a question. With your new ICE setup are you still able to use the steering wheel audio controls for both audio and phone calls?
Welcome to Hawk gang Dashavatharam.

From your anxiety :biggrin: i can understand that you have brought the Scorpio Vlx.

But Amit's car is Sle variant, which doesn't have steering controls.

If you change the ICE steering control won't work.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #117
As Mukesh pointed, I have a SLE varian not Vlx and it doesn't have steering controls. I tried the pioneer steering remote but it did not fit in. So i'm without steering controls and used to it now.

as soon as you change the stock HU, you will lose the audio controls.

Thread Starter #120
Alright, so since I completed about 5k on the ODO I got my beast serviced yesterday. It had loads of small issues and niggles and they have been almost sorted out by the A.S.S.

Short 5k review

Lovely vehicle to drive and take to the places where you would not or cannot take a sedan class vehicle. Its positives as per my experience so far
  • Extremely powerful and overpowers everything in its way
  • Though BIG in size, very easy to drive and park with rear view camera
  • Good road presence
  • Very smooth on highways and good roads

Some negatives and areas of improvement
  • Gears could be smoother
  • Clutch can be smoother and lighter (as in my santro)
  • Slow drive on unpaved roads or offroading tracks is very bouncy, can throw the passengers out of their seats if not wearing seatbelts

My experience after the 1st service
  • Vehicle and gears have become smoother and lighter
  • Its accelerating even more now and very smooth pickup

The service experience was good. The dealer picked up the vehicle and fixed all the problems and then delivered the vehicle back to me. Time taken for services was 1.5 days as it had some wheel alignment issue which took some good amount of time (nearly 8hrs). General service was done in about 3-4hrs. Total spend on service was 2500INR. most of the issues I mentioned were fixed except one which I will be getting fixed soon. Rest of the stuff is fine now and I'm loving the drive now as its better and smoother.

Cheerios !!

Top Bottom