Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk Rocky Beige Bought

Thread Starter #46
Re: Alright!! The Time Has Come To Book My Scorpio M-Hawk

Hello Folks,

So I got the delivery of my new MHawk Rocky Beige color and believe me I'm flattered :) It was a long time I had been thinking of buying a new car and finally I got Scorpio after a lot of thinking and I think I made the right choice.

Today I took the delivery and was a great experience. I'm extremely happy with the dealer till now as the delivery experience was pretty good and I didn't expect it to be too smooth as it went :) Keep up the good work Sireesh.

I have taken loads of pictures and uploaded them on Flickr as I dont know how to upload here. If mods can pls do so.

Amit Scorpio - a set on Flickr

I will write the detailed review ASAP.

Thanks to all at Automotive India who helped me make the decision and supported me in this process. I will continue this thread and will post regular updates on my experience and drive of my new beauty "SaiMehr" yes thats what I have named her as..

Now I think I will be worrying about ICE'ing and accessorizing.. so suggestions are welcome. I'm getting the ICE done tomorrow :) any feedback on Hertz components? I have been given 2 choices Hertz or JBL.. from which I think Hertz seems to be better but a little expensive than JBL's.

Regards,
Amit

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats on your new Scorp Amit! You will enjoy the beat for sure.

The easiest way to include pictures in your post is upload the pictures to any of the free picture hosting site and giving the URL in your post. You can also use IMG tag to include the picture. Let me know if you need any help on this.

@Amith: Congrats for your new acquisition of Hawk.

Wish you miles of Safe & Happy motoring.

And regarding the Components, for front go with Hertz components (Model DSK 165), each pair of 2 costs 4.5k.
And in the rear you can go for Speakers.

Last edited:

Congratulations Amit on your purchase. I think your car deserves a new thread now with pictures and a good review.

And for speakers go for Hertz better compared to JBL.

350Z

Core Team

Tons of hearty congratulations, Amit. I have uploaded the pictures in your post. Please visit this thread to know the procedure of uploading pictures for future.

I think your car deserves a new thread now with pictures and a good review
This thread has been renamed. The discussion can be continued here itself.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #51
Thanks folks for the wishes.

I went to get the ICE installed today and hit a roadblock. Guess in the SLE version Mahindra has changed the design of the door frame and the default covering which is needed for installation of the speakers does not fit into it straight away. The vendor told me that they will have to get the frame custom made and then fit it. So I had to come back home with out the installation today :(

Any mHawk SLE owners, pls guide on how did you get the speakers installed in the front door frames. Also any pointers on the back speakers installations will help?

I'm thinking to check with the dealer tomorrow as well for options or solution to this problem.

Also here are the prices I have got for the stuff, any suggestions if I can get substantially better pricing somewhere else

Hertz Energy series - 165 (i guess) 100 watt RMS - 7000
Polk Audio - Oval Speakers - 100 watt RMS - 5500
Boxes + Wiring + Installation etc - 2000

Does this price look ok? Expensive ?

Regards - Amit

Prices are very expensive! I don't know whether prices are high in Bangalore though. Any local Bangalore member can confirm this.

Thread Starter #54
Prices are very expensive! I don't know whether prices are high in Bangalore though. Any local Bangalore member can confirm this.
Ya I now the prices here in BLR are high for everything :( I guess I'll do some research tomorrow in the market and then go for it. No point rushing [music]

@ Amit:Hope there was not much damage to the hawk.

Regarding the components, Energy Series ESK costs 7k.
Even i was given the same quote.
I went for entry level components, which i am happy with as of now.

The components are placed on front with the spacers.

In the rear speakers can be fitted by creating box for each speakers.

Which can be placed very well at the back as yours is a 8 seater.

I heard the same price in Junction (4th Block).

Where are you getting your ICE fixed.

I would suggest you to go for DSK (HERTZ) front comps, instead of going for Energy series.

As you can save some bundle for Dampening(Sound dreadning).

Prices looks nominal.
And are you changing the HU?
Which one are you going for?

I am currently in Mysore, going to B.R.Hills tomorrow.

Would like to here more after your ICE installation.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #56
Hey folks,

So I finally managed to get my ICE installed on Saturday and went for a loooong drive today [drive]. I will post my travelog link later but here is the ICE Installation details

Equipment

HU : Pioneer 3350BT
Front door components : HERTZ CSK165 - 200Watt
Rear boxed speakers : HERTS 6x9 COAX ECX 690 - I went for boxes instead of MDF board on the back as for this you have to cut or bend the metal sheet of back door.

Price: HU - 21000
Rear view camera - 1200
HERTZ Comps - 7000
HERTZ Speakers - 5500
Wires and boxes and Installation - 1500

no AMP or Sub has been installed as of now but is on the list of upgrades later sometime.

Total time taken for installation - 3 hours

Experience: Its AMAZING and Rocking !! The Comps are really good and the speakers give good acoustics to the overall installation. The bass generated is good and sufficient for the overall listening experience and doesn't tire you. I did a long drive today for 300Kms and the music was on throughout and believe me the whole family enjoyed every bit of it. We played everything to test its potential :) Music : Rock, Pop, Hindi Bhajans, Moview songs etc.. Kids saw the movie - DHAMAAL - they concentrated on it and me on ROAD :))

See few pictures of the installtion job

Watch out for my subsequent post on my first driving experience of my beauty.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #58
Alright. So today I went for my first loong drive and here is the initial feedback and comments on my new baby.. my new Scorpio

My first drive from Dealer place to Temple was fabulous and I did not pay much attention to anything, rather just enjoyed the drive !! New day I took the car to office and explored the vehicle and then I got the ICE installed into my car to make it complete. And today I went out on long drive so have many observations which I want to share and seek advice on few things as well.

Overall I have drive around 415kms in 4 days :) and believe me I enjoyed every second of driving it. I have tested the car in City and on the highway both .. so I think I'm ready for the initial review.

First of all this is a major upgrade for me from Santro to Scorpio as Santro was like sitting on the ground floor and this is like sitting on Top floor. So I really feel like having much better view of the roads and surroundings. Santro served me really well and took me around many many places without giving me any trouble till date. I hope Scorpio will also keep me happy and out of trouble :)

So some major positives in Scorpio so far

Scorpio [thumbsup]
  • Bigger form factor - but still easy to manouver in City or Highway driving
  • Power on demand - unbelievably powerful - with or w/o AC
  • Spacious - compared to Santro
  • Kids have full space to enjoy - very comfortable
  • Drive is very comfortable - irrespective or the terrain I drove
  • AC is very powerful - cools almost instantly
  • Seating is comfortable
  • Powerful headlights
  • Comfortable controls like AC/Fuel lid opener/Fog lamps etc

Observations - Concerns / Improvement areas [thinking]
  • Gear switches can be improved - after driving Santro, I'm feeling little difficult to shift gears as of now - maybe will get used to in few days
  • Driver seat could be height adjustable
  • Horn pad a little hard or stiff - I didn't like the horn et-all .. maybe will change later
  • ICE'ing options should be better -hardly any space to put Sub in 8 seater or infact in 7 seater as well if you don't want to obstruct passengers sitting in last row
  • Boot space be there - in 8 seater though the seat can be folded for boot space but then you loose the seat space

Need suggestions from experts on the following
  • Steering wheel is shivering between the speeds 60-70. Below 60 or above 70 is ok. Not sure why?
  • Shifting from 2 to 3rd or 4th to 3rd is a little hard and sometimes I have to attempt multiple times.. my Santro is very smooth even today - is there anything I'm doing wrong ??[frustration]
  • Staggered braking is not smooth. Maybe after using Santro I'm comparing but yes I'm finding it a bit different. But brakes do apply and makes you comfortable on the road.

Is this normal with Scorpio or am getting too observant??

Rest the overall ride quality and drivability of the car is very good and am happy as of now. Looking forward to many more long drives like Bangalore Leh-Ladakh next year in season.

@ Amit:
Congrats Amit on your new ICE installation.
Does that HU comes with GPS?

I saw a similar model in JVC which costs 17k, and i felt the Pioneer a bit over priced.
And whats the RMS of the CSK you have gone with.

The wobbling of the steering is due to wrong alignment of tyres.
Contact customer care and book an appointment.
Don't tell them(Sireesh) directly.
Contact customer care 1st and then they will contact you by generating a Ticket no.

Send a mail to the customercare@mahindra.com stating your concern with the new car.
I think this has happened after Swapping those elanzos with Appollo Hawkz.

Gear shifting becomes smooth once you finish 5k kms and drop for 1st service.

The horn in my hawk is butter smooth.

The brake pads are new and needs to be breaked in moderation, which happens by moderate braking for the 1st 1000kms.

And do not cross the 90 kmph for the 1st 1000 kms, after 1k you will get the liecense to do 3 digit speeds.

Thread Starter #60
@ Amit:
Congrats Amit on your new ICE installation.
Does that HU comes with GPS?

I saw a similar model in JVC which costs 17k, and i felt the Pioneer a bit over priced.
And whats the RMS of the CSK you have gone with.100rms

The wobbling of the steering is due to wrong alignment of tyres.
Contact customer care and book an appointment.
Don't tell them(Sireesh) directly.
Contact customer care 1st and then they will contact you by generating a Ticket no.

Send a mail to the customercare@mahindra.com stating your concern with the new car.
I think this has happened after Swapping those elanzos with Appollo Hawkz.

Ok. I will. Just curious, why I should not inform Sireesh? I thought he should support all these issues at least in the beginning?

Gear shifting becomes smooth once you finish 5k kms and drop for 1st service.

The horn in my hawk is butter smooth.

The brake pads are new and needs to be breaked in moderation, which happens by moderate braking for the 1st 1000kms.

And do not cross the 90 kmph for the 1st 1000 kms, after 1k you will get the liecense to do 3 digit speeds.
yes I didn't go beyond 85 today [frustration]

Top Bottom