Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk Rocky Beige Bought

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

So after a lot of research and test drives, I have zeroed down on Mahindra Scorpio - mHawk. I hope it is a good decision and will keep me safe and happy :)

I will be booking it this week and have got the offer from the dealer which I'm not sure is the best or not but considering the offers I have I need suggestions from experts here if there's further hope of getting any better offers??

1) The dealer is offering

Corporate discount 5500 + Perfume + Scuff Plates + Idol + Sun Film (Garware)

Insurance discount of 6000 on 35000+ MRP. I found the other std insurance company offering better rate so I'm going for that which will save me 15k.

Apart from this nothing else if offered.

2) Other dealer is offering

No corporate discount
6k on Insurance
Anti rust coating (MRP 4500) - not sure is this is really needed
Teflon coating (MRP 4500) - after reading reviews on Teflon coating, I'm not sure whether to take this or not?

Also please suggest if I should go with Extended Warranty or not? I'm inclined towards taking it at the moment.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance - Amit

Re: Alright!! The Time Has Come To Book My Scorpio M-Hawk

congrats
i would say don't even think about not going for extended warranty even if its Scorpio . you will have peace of mind for 4years

congrats dude but first year insurance is usally free..anyways good descion for going with mighty scorp!! [glasses]

Hello Amit:
Good to know you are booking a Scorpio.
Which model you are booking?
My suggestion to you is to book atleast SLE if you don't want the top end, as its having ABS.
And regarding freebies.
Usually you can ask for Bull bar,body cover, rain visors, scuff plate,Mats,Puncture kit,Sunfilm.
Regarding the Antirust & Teflon is not required really for a new car.
These are just gimmicks from the dealer.

And regarding the Insurance, if you have an existing 4 wheeler in your name, you can transfer the car to a family member and then you can get NO CLAIM BONUS from your old car to your new Scorpio.
Not only you are going to save the 6000 you may save upto 35% of your insurance amount.
The agent usually won't say this as they would get more commision for more premium.
So go for insurance with the dealer and give the NCB quote to the dealer from the old car's Insurance.

The car should be taken in the same person name of the previous car in order to get the benefit

Note: NCB only accures to a person & not to the car

Congrats for the booking. I would suggest you to take cash discount instead of the teflon coating. As for the antirust coating, yes it is very much effective in prevention of rusting, so go for it.
Do update this thread once you get your car delivered or need any help regarding any issue.

i am also planing to book Scorpio VLX 4WD with Air Bag.

Amit please ask about the spare wheel at present M&M is providing steel wheel. This is purely a cost cutting by M&M. Have escalated to seniors waiting for their reply.

Thread Starter #7

Thanks All for your comments and suggestions.

I have got the invoices form the dealers now and will be making the booking tomorrow with one of the dealers which I'm confused on.

I will be booking the Scorpio SLE version Rocky Beige color.

Will post my booking and further experiences for sure.

Amit

Thread Starter #8

Hello Amit:
Good to know you are booking a Scorpio.
Which model you are booking?
My suggestion to you is to book atleast SLE if you don't want the top end, as its having ABS.
And regarding freebies.
Usually you can ask for Bull bar,body cover, rain visors, scuff plate,Mats,Puncture kit,Sunfilm.

I asked all this but dealer is not offering much. The reason stated is there's no scheme from Mahindra now as the demand for Scorpio is good coz' of Innova's short supply. :(

Regarding the Antirust & Teflon is not required really for a new car.
These are just gimmicks from the dealer.

And regarding the Insurance, if you have an existing 4 wheeler in your name, you can transfer the car to a family member and then you can get NO CLAIM BONUS from your old car to your new Scorpio.
Not only you are going to save the 6000 you may save upto 35% of your insurance amount.
The agent usually won't say this as they would get more commision for more premium.
So go for insurance with the dealer and give the NCB quote to the dealer from the old car's Insurance.

The car should be taken in the same person name of the previous car in order to get the benefit

Note: NCB only accures to a person & not to the car
I checked with ICICI Lombard but they said its not possible as its a new car. Will check with some other company as well. Thanks.

Congrats for the purchase buddy. Rest assured, Scorpio mHawk is one of the best SUVs in the market right now, in that price range. Its a hoot to drive, you simply wont stop smiling when you get that push in the back everytime you floor the throttle.

I checked with ICICI Lombard but they said its not possible as its a new car. Will check with some other company as well. Thanks.
I think they are joking, Even we did the same thing transferred our earlier zen to our family number and claimed the NCB.
We got 35% of Discount on our new car premium.
And do go for govt PSU's when going for insurance, as private player's play the game when a claim arises.

Thread Starter #11

I think they are joking, Even we did the same thing transferred our earlier zen to our family number and claimed the NCB.
We got 35% of Discount on our new car premium.
And do go for govt PSU's when going for insurance, as private player's play the game when a claim arises.
I will check with other companies and try to get the NCB done. So do I have to transfer my car before I apply for the new insurance right?

Thread Starter #12

So. I've given the booking finally and now negotiating with the banks for the best deal. HDFC, SBI and Kotak are the ones I'm negotiating at the moment. any recommendations folks? though I know SBI should be the best, I'm not sure how easy/hassle free it will be ...

Congrats for the booking amit, a lot has changed now and SBI also disperses loans faster. I believe they will offer you lower rates as well.
I have heard some nasty things about HDFC car loans, not sure whether they were one-off cases or not.
Anyways best of luck for the loan and BTW with which dealer did you went for?

350Z

Core Team

Congratulations for choosing the Scorpio, Amit. Going by previous reviews on our forum, it’s one such car which will not let you down easily. Mahindra’s after sales has been doing a professional job too. Hope the same continues in future and you spend memorable time with this companion. When is the delivery expected? Don't forget to keep us posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #15

Congratulations for choosing the Scorpio, Amit. Going by previous reviews on our forum, it’s one such car which will not let you down easily. Mahindra’s after sales has been doing a professional job too. Hope the same continues in future and you spend memorable time with this companion. When is the delivery expected? Don't forget to keep us posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Delivery is expected after 4~6 weeks as per the dealer. I'm hoping it to be ASAP [:D]. At moment I'm busy with loan process and documentation etc.. so I guess few more days will go into this. Hope to get my hands on my dream vehicle soon.

Will certainly keep you all posted.

Top Bottom