Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk - One Year Ownership

Thread Starter #136
Re: Clutch 'RIP'!

I am not blaming you for the driving habits avinash.
May be the driving habits of the pervious owner might have caused this premature failure.

How is the car now?
Hope it has been restored...

From next service onwards do visit SKS Auto.
They keep the stock of every parts...
Hi Mukesh, the clutch has been replaced and below are the details. I take it to the IG Workshop, as it is close to my office. Also, below is the experience, that I had with them.

Thread Starter #137
Clutch Restored!

The clutch failed last thursday and due to the unavailablity of the 'Fly Wheel', had to wait for a week. Finally, got the car last night and below are the parts replaced.

1. Clutch driven plate : 6466.46
2. Clutch cover Assy SC-Vlx : 2269.81
3. Ball Bearing Crakshaft : 91.62
4. Concentric Slave Cy : 2741
5. Fly Wheel -85KW LXCRDI : 3504.50
6. Gear shift Grommet : 150.87
7. Clutch overhaul : 2815.00 (FOC)
Total : 17680 (after tax)

I met the manager at the workshop and expressed my disappointment with the kind of treatment I received.

a. The car was at the service center for exactly one week and nobody bothered calling me to tell, when the part would arrive and failing to keep me in the loop.
b. I had to visit the workshop 3 times, in the past one week, to keep a tab on what was happening.
c. Everytime I go to the workshop, I meet a new SA. Apparantely, the SA who took my car, quit his job and the SA who took over this job, failed to inform me this.

In addition, since I have been a regular customer, the manager promply, waived the labour charge and was billed only for the parts.

Overall, the car feels new and the clutch is definitely more soft & smooth to operate.

Below are the pictures of the defective parts.

DSCN9432-Optimized.jpg

DSCN9437-Optimized.jpg

DSCN9436-Optimized.jpg

DSCN9441-Optimized.jpg

DSCN9442-Optimized.jpg

Re: From German Engineering to Korean Beauty to Finally the "Indian" Beast!

@ Avindu:Good to know that the car was restored to normal.
That's a significant amount you have spent for the repair.
Wish you had went for extended warranty.

And when ever such a major failure occurs, you should always drop a mail to customer care, so that the required part comes swiftly.
And they will assist you.
When my car had an serious ABS issue.
I was offered Xylo as backup car.
Not only CCM from Mumbai was handling my case, he was updating me the details of the car regularly, during the 3 days repair.

In your case you were moving from one person to other , which was really bad they have handled your case.
This usually happened to me with my 1st dealer Sireesh Auto.
Later i switched over to SKS Auto and now i am happy.

Thread Starter #140

now enjoy your beast wit smooth clutch ;)
Lot of things have changed, since the replacement.

a. The clutch is definitely much more smooth
b. The gear vibration is Nill. (Don't know what was done, though)
c. The acceleration has improved as well.
d. Now, I need to check the mileage, if there is any difference.

@ Avindu:Good to know that the car was restored to normal.
That's a significant amount you have spent for the repair.
Wish you had went for extended warranty.

And when ever such a major failure occurs, you should always drop a mail to customer care, so that the required part comes swiftly.
And they will assist you.
When my car had an serious ABS issue.
I was offered Xylo as backup car.
Not only CCM from Mumbai was handling my case, he was updating me the details of the car regularly, during the 3 days repair.

In your case you were moving from one person to other , which was really bad they have handled your case.
This usually happened to me with my 1st dealer Sireesh Auto.
Later i switched over to SKS Auto and now i am happy.

Well, as you must be aware, the clutch is not covered under warranty, so even I had it, I could have not claimed it. However, I was prepared for these issues at the time of purchase and had a good back-up, expecting a failure. It is just annoying that a lot of things happened at the same time and nothing serious in 8 months.

However, I'm enjoying the drive a lot more though. Will keep the post updated.

Cheers
Avinash

Thread Starter #141
Under Chassis anti-rust coating!

Hi All,
I have done about 1500 Kms, since the clutch was replaced. The clutch and gear shift is much more smoother than earlier. Also, the acceleration has improved, however, there is not much of a change in the FE, as its still the 12 Kmpl mark. (It was 12.2 to be exact, tank full to tank full method)

Ahead of the rainy seaon, got the under chassis anti-rust coating done from 3M car care, yesterday.

Address : HSR Layout, 7th sector, 2nd right after silk board junction, next to Sweet Chariot and KC Das Sweets.

Contact person : Mr. Siddu - 9740520357.

Experience : After an appointment, visited the showroom around 4:30. Mr. Siddu, explained the various offerings.

About the anti-rust coating, there are two types. One comes with a 2 year warranty and the other with a 5 year warranty. For the later, they use a different type of product, that includes sound deadning, than the one offered for the former. It took about 2 hours for the complete procedure.

Its applied only on the chassis. Not on, fuel tank, exhaust, axle, engine etc.

Cost : Rs. 3795/-. Includes an inspection every 6 months.

Pics

Before the coating

DSCN9461-Optimized.jpg

DSCN9458.jpg

Product used

DSCN9463-Optimized.jpg

After the coating

DSCN9467-Optimized.jpg

DSCN9468-Optimized.jpg

DSCN9471-Optimized.jpg

DSCN9483-Optimized.jpg

Hi avinash, even i was thinking of the anti rust coating.
But won't the coating flush off in rainy season.
In the A.S.S i was told for 5k paint protection as well as underbody coating was offered.
Even i am thinking to go for the both.
Did you ask your SA in India Garage.
What's the price difference?

Did you went for the 5 year warranty?

Thread Starter #143

Hi avinash, even i was thinking of the anti rust coating.
But won't the coating flush off in rainy season.
In the A.S.S i was told for 5k paint protection as well as underbody coating was offered.
Even i am thinking to go for the both.
Did you ask your SA in India Garage.
What's the price difference?

Did you went for the 5 year warranty?
It is a thick rubbery paste that sticks to the chassis, so it wont peel off. India Garage has a tie-up with a company called 'Orange care' and the cost is Rs.4300/-. Yes, it is with 5 year warranty and a check up, every 6 months, for 5 years.

hi Avindu, I felt am also in your same line. This is rajan mathew from Ahmedabad. I was also having Maruti 800 and bikes and it was a dream to have Scorpio, But never thought that I could bring by dream realised in such short time. Since new one is not fit to my pocket and several attempt to get a good condition used scorpio failed, I allmost cancelled my plan and thought will buy only new one once my pocket is full. is there man propose God dispose comes. One of my close friend had a well maintained Single handed Scorpio and he was very passionate to maintain the machine. Some time I jocked him to dispose the same as its 3yr old now and go for Hawk fully loaded. his machine was 2007 Crde Lx but nicely well maintained, all radial tyres with wide 16 size and leather upholstary. after 6-7months of my suggestion he made a plan to switch to new machine and he has put the old machine to sell in market. being a freind he did not wanted to sell me becuase in future if anything goes wrong our relation may spoil but I was adament. I strike a deal and finally I got position by 20/12/2011

another dream was to travel to kerala by road, but sweet wife was never agreed to do that as we have two kids 5yrs old and 1.5 yrd pld and she afraid to take out such long journey. but when we have travelled almost 4months in city and near by in our proude Scorpio and the comfort she enjoyed she finally agreed to fullfill my dream. My another freind who just got new Xylo also was dreaming for a long journey and finally we both started from Ahmedabad to Kerala in two separate vehicles.
It was fantastic experiance we have gone via Pune, banglore belgam, salem, Coibatore, Valayar, Kottayam. on return via goa to ahmedabad

we have even travelled to Velankanni from kottayam so almost 6500 km travelled.

Service and mainatince .
before we start I have get Scorpio serviced at ACS Punjab Auto, ahmedabad. Unfortunatly joint start has broken on my route to keral and I have replaced the same at ACS, kottayam. ACS kottayam saying joint star broken becuase there was no greecing

Now servicing experiance at ACS, I feel it is overcharged and cheating to non techinal people. I will put my total expense chart as of now and u may feel that some of the expenses are just made out by ACS. what you people openion about servicing Scorpio outside ACS ??? is its safe ? Scorpio is made to serve only at ACS? is that much hiend machine this?

I will try to post some snaps of my car shortly. my car tyre are almost finished its 76k over,. and at present it BS. Yokomo or BS is best . presently it is HT and I would like to go for AT

350Z

Core Team

I will try to post some snaps of my car shortly. my car tyre are almost finished its 76k over,. and at present it BS. Yokomo or BS is best . presently it is HT and I would like to go for AT
Hello Rajan, Your previous post (now deleted) is totally unreadable because it contains font and size tags. Could you please repost the same? Or just create an ownership review thread so that we can discuss in detail about your prized possession.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:

Hello Rajan, Your previous post is totally unreadable because it contains font and size tags. Could you please repost the same? Or just create an ownership review thread so that we can discuss in detail about your prized possession.

Drive Safe,
350Z
sure will do tmrw morning

Thread Starter #148

Hi Rajan,
Welcome to the world of Scorpio. I know how it feels to make a dream come true. Congratulations and wish you a good luck.

Please do create a new ownership thread, as 350Z mentioned and we can discuss the spare part costs and other related experience.

Hi Rajan,
Welcome to the world of Scorpio. I know how it feels to make a dream come true. Congratulations and wish you a good luck.

Please do create a new ownership thread, as 350Z mentioned and we can discuss the spare part costs and other related experience.
hi Avindu, thanks. have already moved my thread to ownership review. how to start new thread can u pls help me to start new threads

350Z

Core Team

hi Avindu, thanks. have already moved my thread to ownership review. how to start new thread can u pls help me to start new threads
Your ownership review post has been moved as a new thread, here. And to learn to basic know-how about forum functionality, please visit this link. Thanks!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom