Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk - One Year Ownership

Thread Starter #31
Thank you, 350Z. Nope, did not do any police verification, however here is the link below that I used, to verify, if there was any complaints registered against this car and also shows the existing owner of the car, the chassis and engine number, by entering the Vehicle #. BTIS - Traffic Fines

Hi Avinash as the car has clocked 44k odd kms.
I would suggest you to go for Extended Warranty, As you can't say what might conk off.
So better buy the Extended warranty.
It has to be done before car clocks 50k kms.

Thread Starter #33
Oh okay! Thank you. I'll contact Sireesh and check with them. I remember reading it somewhere, that if you dont opt for the extended warranty at the time of purchase its an additional 2k more. So, I guess its around 11k.

350Z

Core Team
Thank you, 350Z. Nope, did not do any police verification, however here is the link below that I used, to verify, if there was any complaints registered against this car and also shows the existing owner of the car, the chassis and engine number, by entering the Vehicle #. BTIS - Traffic Fines
Thanks, The link is quite useful but only for Bangalore. I remember there was something similar for Delhi too, but unable locate the website though.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I'm loving everybit of it and yes, that was in due respect :wink:

Yes, I did check and they are the OEM tyres. You're right, they are the Bridgestone Duelers. Is the air pressure 32 for these tyres?[confused]
Yes it's 32psi.
I would recommend you to fill it with Nitrogen for all the tyre's.
-----------Next Post-----------
Oh okay! Thank you. I'll contact Sireesh and check with them. I remember reading it somewhere, that if you dont opt for the extended warranty at the time of purchase its an additional 2k more. So, I guess its around 11k.
Yes your right, Even i paid 10,999/-.
You will get a temporary Unique id, And the Warranty booklet after 3 months.
But with the new car it was 9000/-

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39
It's a good deal.
But the only thing is it has done more kms on ODO.
Mine is still doing 21000kms after 21 months.
I tried the best I could to bring it down to 7.5L, quoting that it has done 44K but dint mind spending a little more, as it was well maintained. I have done about 350Kms and so far so good.

Thread Starter #44
depends on the odo reading. a scorpio of this age & odo reading usually goes for 7.5 L to 8 L. so, its a good deal.

I guess, I did not highlight the price part. The dealer quoted 8.75, but after talking to the owner I settled it for 7.8L

looks like you are enjoying your scorpio buddy!
I'm loving everybit of it Raj [;)]

Thread Starter #45
1st Service : 4000 Kms (Odo reading : 48300) on 18th October,2010

Got my Scorp, serviced from India Garage, Whitefiled road (near TATA Xylem).

Experience : Left the vehicle around 9:30 A.M. The SA was quite friendly and explained the things that had to be done in detail. Had just one complaint, about the brakes. Once in a while there was a squeaking noise from the rear, whenever the brakes were applied and mostly at lower speeds. Apart from that, informed the SA to get the Ineriors and the Engine compartment cleaned. The following was the break-up provided.

1. Paid service - Rs. 450
2. Engine oil and Oil filter - Rs.1500
3. Diesel Filter - Rs. 1700
4. Check up electricals - Rs. 190
5. Brake pads and Liners - Rs. 660
6. Interior cleaning - Rs. 600

Estimation - Rs.5100/-

Scheduled for delivery at 5 P.M (IST... pun). So, left work around 5:30 and was at the workshop around 5:45. As expected the car was not ready and was yet to be washed. Whiled away the time, going around the garrage, couple of smokes, customer lounge room and finally the car was ready at 7:15 P.M. The SA, guess unintentional, parked the car, in a dark place and couldnt see a thing on what was done. Took inside the workshop and immediately he noticed the engine compartment was not polished. Took another 5 minutes to have that done. The final bill including labour and consumables like, cotton waste (Rs.9.90 uff), came around 6K.

As a mark of good gesture, one of the senior SA's asked me about the experience. Informed him, apart from the delay, everything else was fine. He provided a 10% discount on labour.

Wanted to ask the SA the following, but was in a hurry and forgot.

1. How many Kilometers once, does the Engine Oil, Oil Filter and Diesel Filter needs to be replaced?
2. The SA mentioned about 'Top-up', engine oil once in 5000 Kms. Is 'Topping-up' recommended?
3. How often is it required to do wheel balancing or alignment?
4. Confirmation about using the 'Cruise control'
a. Apply brake first and then press the 'Cruise control' button.
b. Press clutch or brake to deactivate cruise
Is this right?

Havent had the time to take pics, will post them tomorrow.

Cheers
Avinash

Top Bottom