Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk - One Year Ownership

@Avinash: What was the cost of headlamp, as recently mine was changed with new one for foggy issue.
How much did they charge you?
And new one would be smaller than old one.

Do check whether Automatic leveller of Hawk is working.

Just a question. How does pumping the brake on and off stop better performance of brakes. I was in the impression that this is the best practice of braking (right from my old days of Fiat padmini).
Pumping the brakes on and off is the best method but its only for cars without ABS to avoid locking and skidding.

For cars with ABS, brakes should be applied as hard as possible and keep it that way for the ABS system to function properly. If you take your feet off in between then it will take longer time/distance for the vehicle to stop.

Actually what the ABS system does is pumping on and off continously much faster than even an alert and expert driver

Last edited:
Pumping the brakes on and off is the best method but its only for cars without ABS to avoid locking and skidding.

For cars with ABS, brakes should be applied as hard as possible and keep it that way for the ABS system to function properly. If you take your feet off in between then it will take longer time/distance for the vehicle to stop.

Actually what the ABS system does is pumping on and off continously much faster than even an alert and expert driver
Exactly to what you have said.

Even i have been into such situation.

While returning from Goa in rains, i was behind an Auto, in front of him a Goa bus stopped in the middle of road, not in a bus stop, i was so close to auto, i thought i hit him.

Thank god, ABS made the vehicle stop much behind than i anticipated.

What i did in that situation was, pressed the brake as hard as i could.

And also driver should always think of when the guy in front of him will be braking.

Anticipation is more important thing.

That is the thing i will be constantly doing & never tail gate any vehicle.

Thread Starter #169
This is very interesting RCA Wheel/Tyre polish.. hmm. Now i need to think abt this a lot before apply
Honestly, I think its my fault too, that I was too close to the truck. I drove around 3kms from home and dint notice anything unusual during the breaking. It just failed in an 'emergency' breaking.

Well, I have used tyre polish before (you can check the pics posted earlier) and this is the first time it slipped. I think I over used the polish.

You can use them, but ensure to cover the brakes/discs, before applying, or spray it on a cloth and then apply. I have learnt my lesson.

Just a question. How does pumping the brake on and off stop better performance of brakes. I was in the impression that this is the best practice of braking (right from my old days of Fiat padmini).
Not required, if you have ABS. That's exactly the purpose of having one.

Avinash, i never use tyre polish, i suspect it, had you washed the vehicle prior to that
Yup, I washed the car and then sprayed it. Very similar to the pics I have posted earlier.

What i do in such situations is to break hard, as much as possible, then only ABS kicks in. It won't work if you release the break in the middle
True. It depends a lot on the speed you're driving too.

And if the spray would have caused it , you could have wiped it by braking several times when there are no vehicles behind.
Brake-leave the pedal-Brake - leave, that's what i follow
Well, I failed to notice that. Learnt a lesson in a hard way.

Hey guys how about a meet again in December any plans, as there is nothing cropped up this time for time being from my side.
Yup, probably a week before Christmas.

@Avinash: What was the cost of headlamp, as recently mine was changed with new one for foggy issue.
How much did they charge you?
Rs. 4300/- (50% covered under insurance)

Well, what ABS does is, it doesn't lock the wheels. It engages the break and releases (engage/release - this happens several times, during a sudden breaking situation). It does not allow the car to skid, especially on slippery and muddy surface. ABS is a boon to have in the b2b traffic.

Just wondering, Does this happen if vechile has 4/all Disc brakes too?
What does EBS does?
Disc brakes make sure that stopping distance is less.
And no fluids may cause such instances as we drive in rain,it must be worst than tyre polish.
So I feel it's not the culprit.

I hope you meant EBD(electronic brake force distribution), which is coupled with ABS. Which guages the type of road surface and transfers more braking at the rear initially, so as to compensate the weight at front. But this feature is not there in Scorpio.
Scorpio comes with ABS only.

Last edited:
Hi Avinash, it would be helpful if you post the recently changed headlamps (closeup ) of the headlamp.
As i needed to compare it against mine which were recently replaced.

Will update more once i see your headlamps(newly replaced one).

Thread Starter #174
Hi Avinash, it would be helpful if you post the recently changed headlamps (closeup ) of the headlamp.
As i needed to compare it against mine which were recently replaced.

Will update more once i see your headlamps(newly replaced one).
Sure, will upload the pics tomorrow.

Hey Mukesh, here is a picture of the headlamp.

View attachment 35991
Thanks for the pics avinash, as i had doubt whether mine were refurbished one's as i can see black spots in illumination after a month of replacement and i have complained to Mahindra regarding this, so will be having a check on that day after at SKS Auto.

Even your's looks same , there is a bit rough surface inside.

Thread Starter #178
Thanks for the pics avinash, as i had doubt whether mine were refurbished one's as i can see black spots in illumination after a month of replacement and i have complained to Mahindra regarding this, so will be having a check on that day after at SKS Auto.

Even your's looks same , there is a bit rough surface inside.
I doubt if they use any refurbished parts, but I dint pay so much attention to it. Will check later in the evening, again.

If you dont mind, please put a picture of your headlamp, for a comparison.

I doubt if they use any refurbished parts, but I dint pay so much attention to it. Will check later in the evening, again.

If you dont mind, please put a picture of your headlamp, for a comparison.
Hi avinash i tried to upload picture, since the same photo has been already uploaded in a travelogue, i don't have any other pic.

Will post a new one later.

Here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-bhoo-varahaswamy-chamundi-hills-dsc04988.jpg

One thing you need to concentrate is to see rough edges on the inner, outer side, it has some rough patches, which was not so earlier, even a single rough spot can make huge differences to scatter the light to maximum extent resulting in black spots.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #180
One thing you need to concentrate is to see rough edges on the inner, outer side, it has some rough patches, which was not so earlier, even a single rough spot can make huge differences to scatter the light to maximum extent resulting in black spots.
Can't really make out much from that pic. Do post a close-up pic and we will do a comparison.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently installed Ovion Seat covers. Below are some pics.

These are custom made and I selected this design to match with both the exteriors and interiors.

Cost : 16K.

Address :

Ovion Lifestyle Pvt. Ltd
6th Cross, Sampangi Ram Nagar
Next to Pallavi Theatre (Near Corporation)
Bangalore - 27
Ph : 080 4174 0390

Front Row.

DSCN1809.jpg

This is the best angle I could manage.

DSCN1811.jpg

Rear View

DSCN1822.jpg

2nd Row

DSCN1815.jpg

Door pad

DSCN1810.jpg