Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk - One Year Ownership

Thread Starter #106
Re: From German Engineering to Korean Beauty to Finally the "Indian" Beast!

Hi Mukesh,
No, I have not. However, may I please know why it should be changed? Also, the key needs to be changed as well and how much does it cost?

Hi Mukesh,
No, I have not. However, may I please know why it should be changed? Also, the key needs to be changed as well and how much does it cost?
Why do you want the keys to be changed?

No need of that.

In the Glove box if you notice carefully, Just where the latch is .
You can find 2 buttons.

Left most one is for VMS resetting.

Right one is for Immobilizer code changing.

Default code will be 1111.

Ask your SA & get it changed.

Any updates?
Was the immobilizer codes changed Avinash.

Do get the following features activated.
1. Automatic lock after 20 seconds, when key is inserted.

Thread Starter #109

Sorry for the delay buddy. Nope, I haven't had the time yet, will do over this weekend and will let you know.

Yes, the car locks automatically in few seconds.

Thread Starter #110

6 months update : Feb 20th 2011

Odo Reading : 57093

Its been a sheer pleasure driving this fellow and this is what I do maintain him and a quick summary.

Kms done - 12,772

Insurance :

Renewed in January 2011 - Valid till January 29th 2012.

Service & Maintenance :

-1st Service : Rs.5100/-

Problems faced :
Oil leakage due to 'unchanged' clutch oil (complete informtion mentioned earlier)
- Cost : Rs.2400/-

Fuel Economy :
Have checked it thrice, 12.28, 12.48 and 12.33 (City driving). On an average he drinks 12.3 kmpl.

Cleaning :
> Wash it once a week and it takes atleast 2 hours for a complete washing and cleaning process.
> Wax and polish - once a month.

Next service due at : 62000 Km

@Mukesh : Will check with the A*S*S guys about changing the immobilizer pin, when I take the car for the next service and update the thread.

I think if not for the oil leakage problem your maintenance would have been real cheap!

And FE is great buddy! My Safari never gave more than 10kmpl in Chennai city traffic!

are sure dhaya that your safari gives 10 as mine also give 12 in city

@avindu awesome FE i would say .

Yes Mastersquall in Chennai bumper to bumper traffic nothing more than 10kmpl , but what am telling is full city driving with speeds within 60kmph.

Thread Starter #114

I think if not for the oil leakage problem your maintenance would have been real cheap!

And FE is great buddy! My Safari never gave more than 10kmpl in Chennai city traffic!
That is exactly the reason why I got the car serviced, even though it was serviced, just before I bought it. I got it serviced around the 48K mark and the problem cropped up around the 55K mark. I was so mad at the SA, who failed to check this but he said the oil must have been good, when it was last serviced. I was just zipped [frustration]. It was unnecessary.

I'm happy with the FE too. The mileage totally depends on the person who is driving. So, 10 is not that bad for Safari.

are sure dhaya that your safari gives 10 as mine also give 12 in city

@avindu awesome FE i would say .
Thanks mastersquall. May be because, in city traffic, the speed is usually below 60 or sometimes even 50. I have checked the mileage once on highway and it gave 14.5. So, quite happy with it.

Thread Starter #116
Problem with Alternator!

Hey Guys,
Its been 8 months of owning the big fellow and it sure has been a pleasure. However, almost had a major hiccup a couple of days ago.

Problem :

1. 'Engine check' warning LED was blinking. (Note : Not the malfunction LED)
2. Clicking noise from the motor, about every 10-15 seconds, that is located right next to the engine.

Visited the IG Workshop on Tuesday and the SA said, the Alternator has gone bad and the cost for a replacement is a whopping 18K. I informed them not to replace and try fixing it, but the SA called back in the evening and said, it cannot be repaired and had to be replaced.

So, the next day morning, I called the Mahindra helpline to enquire, if I could get a warranty claim on this and they said, they will arrange a call back. By afternoon, a gentleman called from IG Workshop and said he was the ADG. He said, they will replace the part, if it is a genuine failure, however in a couple of hours the SA called and said, they were able to fix the problem. He found the bearing to be loose and they have tightened it.

The car was ready by 5 P.M. There was no more clicking noise and the engine check LED was not glowing.

I was not happy at all with the approach of 'Replace rather than Repair'. However, after I spoke to the Manager, I'm not sure what happened, they seemed to have fixed it.

In addition got the car serviced as well.

Kms on odo : 59990
From the time of purchase : 15670
Interval since last service : 12000

Total cost : Rs.6230/-

These days the workshops rarely repairs things, they are always keen to replace trouble causing parts with new ones, however when it has to be replaced under warranty, they manage to repair the same component.

Still, Good to know that the issue has been resolved. Any updates on fuel efficiency?

Thread Starter #118

These days the workshops rarely repairs things, they are always keen to replace trouble causing parts with new ones, however when it has to be replaced under warranty, they manage to repair the same component.

Still, Good to know that the issue has been resolved. Any updates on fuel efficiency?
Well, I have never had problems with the Accent for 5 years nor came across a situation, where a part had to be replaced, apart from the normal service. This is completely new to me, where the SA insists upon replacing the part, without even opening it and try to find the cause.

About the FE, its around 12kmpl in city and havent taken him out on a highway in 4 months. Will update, once I do [;)]

Thread Starter #119

Another peculiar problem, I forgot to mention.

The battery caps, have a tiny little hole to emit the heated gas/distilled water. However, its throwing up the water, all over the engine compartment. Under the hood, engine cover, parts around the battery, almost everything has white patches.

I got those patches removed, when I had given it for service and replaced the distilled water. Now, the place, where the battery sits, there is 'rust'. What do I do to avoid the water from spilling out of the battery? Should I replace the battery with the new one's, that doesn't have any of those caps?

Good to know all the problems were solved.

And regarding the battery distilled water overflowing may be due to the excess distilled water poured in to the battery during maintainance .
Which may damage the battery.
If there is rust , change the holder of battery with new one.

Always don't trust the single dealer.
I would recommend SKS any day.

See the battery holder of mine is intact, check whether the same is missing in your car.
So that battery is getting shaked and water spilling out.

And go for Engine Motor Care costs 600/- Keeps the engine bay clean and prevents rusting.

Attachments

Top Bottom