Mahindra Scorpio Handle Crossed

Thread Starter #1
Hi!

I have a 2010 model mhawk scorpio (without airbags) - changed the tyres to 255 with mags - when i changed the tyre the alignment fellow put 2 clamps/ hooks ONLY on the front left wheel - was told it canaster adjustment (i was told it done when u change to broader tyres).

Now When ever i do the alignment the handle is either left or right cross - the vehicle

any suggestions on what i should do?

I have absolute no idea as my Hawk is in stock condition, no modifications what so ever.

Did the change of tyres help your driving in anyway, say handling characteristics?

@digvijay - I suggest you take the car to the M&M's Authorized service center, they may be tad expensive but they will know whats right and whats not.

To give my own example we own a Grande, its our weekend vehicle mostly for highway runs, i have done around 51k odd on her, since few highway travel coming for the next few days i took her to get the alignment checked to a reputed center who claims of latest equipment and does actually have a BIG 2 store alloys and tyre showroom, only reason i went there as it was close to my house and i dint have time to go all the way to TASS (Tata Authorized Service Station). My instructions to them were simple there is no pulling to any side what so ever just check the alignment. So they got her on to the system hooked up the sensors on all 4 tyres. After 45mins of messing around they tell me that camber and caster bolts are slipping need to get them changed, now imagine my plight, i took a perfectly running vehicle for checking the alignment and they say its chewed up. I understood the very moment that these guys do not know what they are talking about, just told them to fix it the way it was before, which according to them was all wrong. Took the car straight to the TASS on the way realized those monkeys have messed up big time, the car is now sailing like a boat and the steering does not return on its own after a turn, i was like [frustration] and asked myself was it all needed?

Reached TASS told the SA to get the alignment done, after 20mins my Grande comes out as if nothing happened. Took a test drive, everything back to normal. Paid Rs.380 inc tax.

Top Bottom