Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (2018) Now Launched

Re: Mahindra Scorpio Facelift 2017 in Works

With the expected 20 hp bump, Mahindra might also just do away with the Micro/Inteli-hybrid technology altogether with the new tax regime coming into effect.
I know there are talks of doing a U-turn w.r.t increased taxes on hybrid tech but IMO it is a nightmare for auto makers to be surviving in this ever changing tax ecosystem.

Re: Exclusive! New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing

Hello TAIans. Sorry for late post. Few days back when I was returning from office, I saw Scorpio half camouflaged being tested on the roads of Nashik City. Mahindra's plant lies in Nashik itself. Do anyone have an idea what the company is about to launch? Hope the pictures help you. Sorry for poor picture quality. [:D]

View attachment 232976

View attachment 232977

View attachment 232978
So Mahindra is going back to old Reborn SCORPIO style taillights but with LED bulbs. Hope it will look good.

Better Mahindra should work on interior quality and provide few premium features from XUV5OO. And not to forget few cubby holes for front passengers to store their things!

Thread Starter #20

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Watch the Scorpio's testing video.
I think the tail light unit has been tweaked a bit bud. Earlier it had the Silver/Transparent console but now has Red.

Mahindra-Scorpio-Off-Road-Side.JPG

download.png

Thanks a lot buddy for sharing the video![:)] However, suggest you not to push much for capturing any test mule while riding/driving and be careful when traffic is there.

Regards

Akash

Spotted in Mumbai

Was driving to Santacruz for some work, when a SUV honked, pissed off by traffic say the irvm and noticed camouflaged M&M Scorpio, immediately got ready with phone's camera. As was driving alone, wasn't able to click good shots.

Mahindra-Scorpio-Facelift-2017-01.jpg

Mahindra-Scorpio-Facelift-2017-02.jpg

Mahindra-Scorpio-Facelift-2017-03.jpg

Mahindra-Scorpio-Facelift-2017-04.jpg

Mahindra-Scorpio-Facelift-2017-05.jpg

Mahindra-Scorpio-Facelift-2017-06.jpg

Mahindra-Scorpio-Facelift-2017-07.jpg

Mahindra-Scorpio-Facelift-2017-08.jpg

Things I noted :-

1. Alloys were same as present model
2. Front wheel arch cladding felt beefier, maybe I was busy driving
3. Rear taillights are no just covered in red glass instead of transparent in old one.
4. Front headlights were same.
5. There was blue backlighted buttons in interior.

Last edited:

Spotted in Mumbai

1. Alloys were same as present model
2. Front wheel arch cladding felt beefier, maybe I was busy driving
3. Rear taillights are no just covered in red glass instead of transparent in old one.
4. Front headlights were same.
5. There was blue backlighted buttons in interior.
2. Front wheel arches look similar.
3. Rear tail lights use a red-tinted + transparent glass (rather than black cladding + silver coated glass) with the D getting illuminated. Not sure why the left tail light illumination (bottom one) is dissimilar.
5. Currently all buttons are backlit using Ice Blue. Blue will not look good IMO.

I think they have changed the following.
Tail gate applique, Rear bumper shape, Rear wiper shape, Rear door bottom end design, Some elements next to the butterfly window. Possibly fender bezel too, can't see from the videos/photos.

I heard New S7 variant for SCORPIO is coming with 140Bhp power in Nov 17 Mid. Hope Mahindra will add Aisin Autobox in New SCORPIO.

TAI's please confirm on this.

I think the tail light unit has been tweaked a bit bud. Earlier it had the Silver/Transparent console but now has Red.

Thanks a lot buddy for sharing the video![:)] However, suggest you not to push much for capturing any test mule while riding/driving and be careful when traffic is there.

Regards

Akash

Sure Akash, I will be careful while capturing next test mule.

Mahindra Scorpio face-lift spied undisguised.

Thanks to Team-BHP & Gaadiwaadi for sharing these pics & information.
Link-
Mahindra Scorpio facelift spotted testing in Karnataka - Page 5 - Team-BHP

Facelift will launch on 14th Nov 17.

2018MahindraScorpiofaceliftIndiaLaunchDatePriceEngineSpecsFeaturesInterior2696x591.jpg
2018MahindraScorpiofaceliftIndiaLaunchDatePriceEngineSpecsFeaturesInterior3480x640.jpg
2018MahindraScorpiofaceliftIndiaLaunchDatePriceEngineSpecsFeaturesInterior6480x640.jpg
2018MahindraScorpiofaceliftIndiaLaunchDatePriceEngineSpecsFeaturesInterior8853x640.jpg
My Comments-
Why Mahindra Why? Why you want to destroy your good products? Why you are copying Jeep Compass grill? That grill on New Generation was way better than this copycat job!

Alloys wheel design is so dumb. Looks like after market alloy wheel made by some roadside vendor. Now even top end version will look like base variant with these after market looking alloys.
Backside is tone down a bit & I am confused this one is better or older one [surprise].

Hope Mahindra won't touch XUV5OO in the name of Facelift, because thats the last design which has good looks in Mahindra Stable.
I doubt Mahindra Actually brought "Pininfarina", may be they brought some china design firm in the name of "Pininfarina". [lol]

Last edited:

Is Mahindra providing anti theft system for New Gen Scorpio?? If so, how reliable is this? What are the best ways to keep the Scorpio safe when you leave the vehicle away for a long time / overnight at a new secluded place... (just asking out of curiosity since I saw an article that Scorpio is a vulnerable car)

Mahindra SCORPIO at dealership for the today's/14th Nov 17 launch.

As per specs sheet of New SCORPIO 2017, It has DRL's. Hope Mahindra will provide DRL in New Generation SCORPIO 2017 as well as upcoming XUV500 2017 Facelift. Parking lights instead of DRL's on 15-20 lacs rupees car is too cheap.

Link-
https://indianautosblog.com/2017/11/mahindra-scorpio-facelift-spotted-dealer-yard-290154

1 SCORP (5).jpg
6 SCORP (1).jpg
2 SCORP (6).jpg
3 SCORP (2).jpg
4 SCORP (3).jpg
5 SCORP (4).jpg
7 SCORP (7).jpg

Image Credit- Team-Bhp & IAB

Do we know what time is the launch ? Couldn't find any information on Mahindra Scorpio twitter handle.
The alloys are a disaster, look from a decade ago.
The front grille, a slight nod to Jeep inspiration is OK, but this is borderline design copyright infringement IMHO.
And personally, I like the minimalist design at the rear. I absolutely detested the design on the outgoing model.

Thread Starter #29

Akash1886

Honoured Member

The front grille, a slight nod to Jeep inspiration is OK, but this is borderline design copyright infringement IMHO.
Though the grill does not look quite good still there is no copyright thing involved here. The grill has been used in the Imperio Pick Up by M&M and from there it has been used in this new Scorpio with some chrome elements added. I think, the same grill might come in the upcoming XUV-5OO facelift too.

Regards

Akash

I always felt that M&M have wasted a good front design on Imperio, a pick-up truck. It would look good on an SUV/MUV. Glad, that they are using similar design now.

Top Bottom