Mahindra Scorpio 2015 Review & Pictures: Scorpio Sting

Test driven the new generation scorpio. Liked it much. The way it pulls from 40KMPH in 5th gear was nice. Couldn’t get a chance to sit in the back bench to comprehend ride quality. Steering feel also pleasant. I didn’t push much on vehicle and couldn’t comment on high speed stability.

Thread Starter #33
Vipul and Amit, Buddies, what an extensive and well written review.. Every minute detail covered. Amazing pics add to the beauty of the highly detailed review. Fantastic!! The new Scorpio does look really more aggressive from front thanks to the grille and those DRLs than the earlier one. The interiors look fresh and refined.

Regards

Akash
Thanks a lot buddy and sorry for late reply.
I wish those were DRL's and those were brighter too. The new Scorpio IMO is definitely a vehicle that deserves a look if one is buying a vehicle in this segment.

Superb job Vipul, this is as detailed as "detailed" can get! I personally also apologise for the delay in publishing this review - just pure bad timing juggling between personal and professional priorities.
And I apologize for accepting your apology after so long.
Without you and your guidance, this review wasn't possible sirji. Amazingly I am also suffering with same timing issues these days.
In fact I must tank you for politely bear all my bugging and answering all my stupid queries and verifying each of my observations despite of having no time to even breathe properly.

Excellent write up, It will clearly help the buyers with what to expect from the new scorpio and what not to expect. Kudos to the team. Keep it up guys
Put buyers aside, even I was also taken by a big surprise after I saw how much the vehicle has actually improved over the outgoing version.

Super review, don't understand, why there is still mid row space crunch in this hulk.
Person like me 6.3" is not able to sit comfortably in middle row.
Mahindra should have done something to create a mid row space.
Its only the mid row space and high speed ride where the new Scorpio gets caught and believe me, this one is way better than the outgoing. The middle row is now way better than the outgoing model with properly placed seat and perfectly sized squabs. I am 5'11" and had a six footer behind me while driving and both of us were happy. In case of 6'3" behind 6'3", there can be some tightness felt.

Guys, Exceptional review ! I fell in love all over again with my S10 post reading this ! In fact decided to drive down to Mumbai from Surat this evening instead of taking train.
Yes the 5th gear should have been taller. I notice that noise once you push it post 100.
Great Job !
The fifth gear ratio is the only BIG complain I have for Mahindra but still the performance on offer compromises every complain and always brings a wicked grin on my face whenever I get a chance to drive one. I have just once drove an S10, else my experience is 99.99% with only S8 version vehicle which I have driven from Lucknow to Jhansi and Back, Lucknow to Bhopal and back and once Lucknow to Gurgaon and back.

An extremely comprehensive and detailed review. Extremely well done Vipul and IronRock! I already knew that the review would be awesome when I talked to you on the phone when you were en route to Bangalore. Great job.
Thanks a lot sirji, working under the guidance of IR always gives such fruitful results only.

Note for mods: Posting back to back because character limit didn't allow for making a single post replying all.

Thread Starter #34
1) First Pic is what i saw on road & also on FB.
New Generation Scorpio come with Applique on back side but from few days new Scorpio are coming with Black color Applique instead of silver color.
heard from some people that silver color fades after some time (it's just 6-7 months) so mahindra took decision to paint it black.[surprise]
P.S don't go for No plate as it is edited by me & that Licence number does not exist
The one I drove belongs to a politician and has already crossed 25k mark, but applique still looks intact. Some things depend on the way the vehicle is kept and the conditions the vehicle is parked into.

2) a normal comparison for Old vs New.
Mahindra using same Fog lamp assembly for new Generation Scorpio with some black color on side. Nice idea to turn down the cost of making.
The best part about the new Scorpio is the price. Mahindra has addressed nearly every complains customers had against Scorpio. I am sure they took the "Note them all and address one by one before selling" approach here. Now despite of so much improvement they haven't made any significant rise in price - part sharing is the key you know.
Mahindra has changed the plastic, fibre etc and made least possible changes to the sheet metal and the result is a good control in production costs as the vendors(JBM or Neel metal I guess along with KLT for supplying chassis components) don't require any much plant retooling for the work, this in turn results in lower production costs and the benefit MAhindra has directly passed to the customer. [clap] Fantastic approach I must say, they did as much as part carrying from older version as well as part sharing with other versions as possible to keep the costs in check despite of changing nearly the complete vehicle.

Saw this on Team BHP. I don't know whether it is true or not but rumour has it that M&M stopped the black cladding at the back. Instead, they now provide with the body coloured cladding.
I somehow started liking the black cladding, especially on the blue, silver and white examples.

Must be an older stock. Dealerships have confirmed that newer Scorpios come with body coloured applique on the rear hatch/door.
Confirmed at my side too.

Actually Mahindra have done the best given the wheelbase. The seat depth is improved and equal to Storme - its however the seat base height from floor that is slightly lower than Storme. Since you are 6.3 this "problem" is further noticeable.
Middle row height you mean I guess. Front seats are placed well, but yes; with the people of a 6+ height the issues can arise.

To tell you guys the truth, i now somewhat like the black applique since w/o it, it is huge chunk of white. What do you guys think?
Same here buddy, I too liked the black one on white, blue and silver vehicles at least.

All Scorpio Owners!

Mahindra has introduced "Blue Sense" App for the new Mahindra Scorpio which shall help the user/owner to get the Vehicle Info on their mobiles. Earlier this app was available only for the XUV500.

Source

Regards

Akash
Thanks for the information Akash.
I wish TAI mods had a 'FIR -First Information Reporter' award in the list; I'd have recommend it for you everyday.

So it is confirmed that Now New Gen Scorpio is coming with Body Color applique..

Mixed reaction. Looks good for white but need to check it in person.
Mixed opinion is everywhere regarding this one, I found many liking the black one and many hating it.

Test driven the new generation scorpio. Liked it much. The way it pulls from 40KMPH in 5th gear was nice. Couldn’t get a chance to sit in the back bench to comprehend ride quality. Steering feel also pleasant. I didn’t push much on vehicle and couldn’t comment on high speed stability.
High speed stability is where the Scorpio still gets caught, upto 100-110 it is well planted now and no more scary body movements. I wish it was a bit more dynamically accomplished though. Especially when the steering is having a very nice feedback and one fees tempted of twisting it a bit more.

I somehow started liking the black cladding, especially on the blue, silver and white examples.

Same here buddy, I too liked the black one on white, blue and silver vehicles at least.
Thank you for replying. Well at first, allow me to THANK YOU for the detailed review coz i just realized i never did that. [;)]
Yes very true. Actually when i asked my local Mahindra dealer here at Patiala (Punjab) , they said that S10 is still coming with the black cladding. But the S8 or lesser models have body coloured one. I found her a bit confused, so I don't know if it is 100% true.

But on speculation of all the pictures (of #TheNewGenScorpio with body colored applique) posted till now, NONE OF THEM IS S10.

So i guess, we'll still see them [:)]

Thread Starter #36
Thank you for replying. Well at first, allow me to THANK YOU for the detailed review coz i just realized i never did that. [;)]
I thought i needed to thank you for bearing it. In fact looking at you still conscious after reading it complete makes me feel proud. :stupid:

Yes very true. Actually when i asked my local Mahindra dealer here at Patiala (Punjab) , they said that S10 is still coming with the black cladding. But the S8 or lesser models have body coloured one. I found her a bit confused, so I don't know if it is 100% true.

But on speculation of all the pictures (of #TheNewGenScorpio with body colored applique) posted till now, NONE OF THEM IS S10.

So i guess, we'll still see them [:)]
In that case it's good, IMO this one looks downright cheap as compared to the black one. The older door is better if they had to do this.
These days I am thinking of buying some SUV with my heart on T Fort but if my budget didn't allow, then I will be happy to pick a red or blue or maybe silver Scorpio with the same black applique.

I thought i needed to thank you for bearing it. In fact looking at you still conscious after reading it complete makes me feel proud.
Nah man. Don't Thank me. And yes you should feel proud, you deserve it.[:)]

In that case it's good, IMO this one looks downright cheap as compared to the black one. The older door is better if they had to do this.
These days I am thinking of buying some SUV with my heart on T Fort but if my budget didn't allow, then I will be happy to pick a red or blue or maybe silver Scorpio with the same black applique.
Yes exactly :agree:. The old door was good.
Well that's good to hear. Share your further experiences.
Yeah, i too see myself driving the scorpio someday.
PS: I have watched almost every video on youtube, read almost all reviews about the new gen scorpio, but i'm yet to take a TD. :stupid:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is hilarious that even when i saw a few body colored applique carrying Scorpios on road, M&M's customer representatives as well as my local dealer here at Patiala (Punjab) didn't know about this. After one day they said that s8 or lesser models have body colored appliques but s10 still has black colored applique.

BUT IT IS OFFICIAL NOW. ALL COLORS except RED have body colored appliques. Check out the image attached.
scorpio colored applique.jpg

I will be happy to pick a red or blue or maybe silver Scorpio with the same black applique.
Well check this out Vipul bro. There is some bad news for us. [frustration]

In first pic taken from Mahindra Scorpio website shows even Red has body colored Applique.
It might be website glitch because only when you are at back side, black applique appears but change the view slightly & it shows body colored applique.

Second pic confirms this as Now it Exterior features shows Body colored applique as feature, even for S10. (check out red circle area)

From my opinion, not a good move by mahindra [anger]. If they give Black color applique for S10 & rest models with Body color applique it would have a great idea to differentiate Top models vs low range models.

But as mahindra they do anything to put cost at low.
[cry]

Attachments

In first pic taken from Mahindra Scorpio website shows even Red has body colored Applique.
It might be website glitch because only when you are at back side, black applique appears but change the view slightly & it shows body colored applique.
Yeah I missed that. Thank you for bringing it to my notice.

Second pic confirms this as Now it Exterior features shows Body colored applique as feature, even for S10. (check out red circle area)
Yes, they do for all models now.

From my opinion, not a good move by mahindra [anger]. If they give Black color applique for S10 & rest models with Body color applique it would have a great idea to differentiate Top models vs low range models.
Yes and besides, now the rear doesn't look good. So it is a huge step down.[anger]

My Bro sent me this image clicked in front of Mahindra Showroom Vikhroli Mumbai.

It is special edition model by mahindra ?

Found same styled scorpio in other forum as Special edition model.

Attachments

Akash1886

Honoured Member
It is special edition model by mahindra ?
Found same styled scorpio in other forum as Special edition model.
Its just a modified version no special thing buddy. At best the front grill would be provided by dealer as accessory. Have seen a Silver shade Scorpio with same grill here in Noida Sector 63.

Regards

Akash

Well there is another small, yet noticeable change Mahindra did silently in the New Gen Scorpio.
The black number plate applique is now turned to body colored number plate applique.

change in scorpio1.jpg

Hello Forum members,

How is the NG Scorpio in terms of 3rd row seating. Is it possible for adults of moderate height to be seated at the last row for long journeys. I am talking about an 8 seater or a 7 CC seater here. Also I have read that the middle row can be reclined to make more space for the last row. Does it feel like a boat at the last row and does it make one feel nauseous.

Thanks

Top Bottom