Mahindra Scoprio VLX 2012 2WD with Airbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats with your new possession. I too own an SLE version and it is very fun to drive vehicle. Just did a trip to mum goa and back.
The most enjoyable experience so far.

Thread Starter #17
Spent a month driving Scorpio in July and August and as expected it didn't disappoint me.

There were few niggles though, the front door was not opening at times (felt akward at times, when I was struggling to open it in-front of shops, restaurants..etc)[frustration]. Got it fixed during the first service. The seat covers, floor mat finishing was not that great. One of the scuff plates got rusted within 2 months of purchase. Got a silly answer from the accessories department staff that it was due to the car being driven in coastal area. When asked why it’s only plate, the guy did not have an answer. Yet to be fixed. Will write to Mahindra and will get it fixed during my XMAS vacation.
When driving on average roads, the car rattles like anything if you’re alone in the car. It seems that the dealer knows this. Not fixed even after two services. On normal roads, it cruises very well. Tried a Maruti Estilo & and brother’s Fortuner on the same average roads and hardly can hear any rattling.
The other annoying factor is while driving in rainy reasons, all the dirt gets accumulated on the rear door gaps, although they have covered it with rubber, cleaning becomes real hassle.
Having said this, it’s a pleasure to drive. You forget all these issues once you are behind the wheel and the monster charges like a Lion. Even the bus / truck drivers were afraid on the roads. TPMS, rain sensor really work good.

Now I’m back to Gulf and my Dad drives it once a week. Yesterday, he told me that the car doesn’t start and requires few attempts to start. As the service centre is 50Km away, I told him to show it the nearest mechanic. The mechanic told him that this was due to dust accumulated on ‘starter’ and if we drive it frequently it would fix the problem.

Any suggestions / idea on how this happens.

Rattling seems like something wrong with your hawk, had you changed your seat covers.
Rusting is not a good sign, get it checked ASAP, is your dad trying to start by depressing clutch or cranking the ignition, as for Micro Hybrid(Auto Start) feature to work, one should start the car by cranking the car, then from the second time, depressing the clutch fires the ignition.

I have driven in several dusty, conditions but never this has occurred.

But wait where are the pics?

for rattles you need to get it fixed from the A.S.S.

it probably wont be big issue, might be a rear door packing gone loose.

i have heard several complaints about the scuff plates, the reason i did not get them installed on my scorpio.

and yes pictures ? you need to post them ASAP. :biggrin:

Thread Starter #21
Rattling seems like something wrong with your hawk, had you changed your seat covers.
Rusting is not a good sign, get it checked ASAP, is your dad trying to start by depressing clutch or cranking the ignition, as for Micro Hybrid(Auto Start) feature to work, one should start the car by cranking the car, then from the second time, depressing the clutch fires the ignition.

I have driven in several dusty, conditions but never this has occurred.

But wait where are the pics?
Thanks Mukhesh

Can you please elaborate more on the cranking process.[confused]

Thanks Mukhesh

Can you please elaborate more on the cranking process.[confused]
Hi Pradeep, cranking means turning the ignition ON with the keys.
When starting , if the engine doesn't fires then one must wait for at least 5 seconds for the next crank , to start the car.
Failing to do so may damage the starter motor, along with load on battery.

As per what I have come across so far, Micro Hybrid is not activated till the first service, in order to stop the abrupt shutting of the engine for the first 5000 kms.

It's not clear when exactly the car wasn't starting, always fill the diesel when the VMS gives a warning though there is 20 litres as reserve fuel.

As this is one of the reason why car doesn't start in one crank as it draws more air into the combustion chamber.

So you stay 50 kms away from Karnataka agencies?

When I was in need to visit this workshop , it's 26 kms to me from B.C.Road, the last time I visited this workshop was in February to fix a rear tail lamp bulb.

The extra eye on the rear bumper, looks like a camera, I never felt the need for a camera.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Congrats for Scorpio. This thread is now being closed since its purpose has been fulfilled and therefore making it no longer appropriate to discuss in “The Automotive Shopper’s” Section. Please feel free to start a separate ownership review in order to discuss further about the car and experiences. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom