Mahindra Quanto Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Re: Mahindra Quanto Road Test Drive Review

vishwas,

I have compared the 3rd row in xylo and xuv

Finally Quanto is car with mixed feelings to me[:)]

By far one of the best auto reviews I have read. Clear description, good pictures and take away for all audiences.

I recently traveled in Quanto on mumbai-pune eway as passenger with 1 adult and a kid. Abundance space and very comfortable for even 3 average wt adults.

According to me, 3 row is just a waste. Though claimed to be good for children, I feel it will be cumbersome for them too beyond an hour drive. I think M&M should consider rebranding it 5 seater than 7 (optional) seater.

@Gurrala74: Ha ha. Well explained. But its surely yielding more khushi than gham for M&M - look at the sale numbers.

Personally, even I do not see myself ever buying a Quanto. I do not likt the fac that there in no coherence in the way the vehicle has been made - it all seems to be done as a sop to economies of scale in order to minting more money, purity of automotive form and design be damned. While I am certainly not against car companies making more and more money, I am certainly not happy when they do so by such cut 'n chop efforts like the Quanto. No passion, no flair, no excitement. Sorry sir, we are like this only.

Maybe you can post your own short review on this thread, or on the test drive forum. TAI members only stand to gain from you experience and inputs.

Thanks.

Last edited:

@Sam, so then I say something like Onida advt " Quanto MnM kushi and buyers gham" [clap]

I am not saying that Quanto is bad, there will be always a section of buyers attached to particular car where their needs are met by such model but like you I also don't like model's derived from chop off job

may be my TD are bit harsh always buddy [lol]

@Gurrala74: Ha ha. Well explained. But its surely yielding more khushi than gham for M&M - look at the sale numbers.

Personally, even I do not see myself ever buying a Quanto. I do not likt the fac that there in no coherence in the way the vehicle has been made - it all seems to be done as a sop to economies of scale in order to minting more money, purity of automotive form and design be damned. While I am certainly not against car companies making more and more money, I am certainly not happy when they do so by such cut 'n chop efforts like the Quanto. No passion, no flair, no excitement. Sorry sir, we are like this only.

Maybe you can post your own short review on this thread, or on the test drive forum. TAI members only stand to gain from you experience and inputs.

Thanks.
there is no point crucifying M & M for this.

right from the dzire to the earlier tata indigo CS , all have done it to benefit from lower excise duties.

i believe they have passed on the benefit to the consumers.

so it is the consumers to look upon the positives and negatives of the car.

weigh in one what they can afford to compromise it with.

if negatives get more highlighted than the positives, check for other options.

as it is all major highways are been put up on 80kmph speed limit.

and i dont think people are going to attempt a drift race on the quanto. [;)]

Last edited:

@Superbad: Agreed. That is why I want Tata to sell Indicas and Nanos and Vistas by the bucketful so that the money which they earn on them could be used to develop XKs and Range Rovers.

Leveraging. Aha![clap]

@Superbad: Agreed. That is why I want Tata to sell Indicas and Nanos and Vistas by the bucketful so that the money which they earn on them could be used to develop XKs and Range Rovers.

Leveraging. Aha![clap]
the point being they have used the minimum resources by using the same bin parts of the xylo to produce a vehicle in the price category people would want to buy .

major chunk of the R & D has gone in developing the twin scroll turbo 3-pot engine which can be further be used in some more platforms ( read S101).

it makes pure business sense for them to get a non moving product to move by launching it at an attractive price point and in that process produce synergies to develop new products along with it.

I was wondering that why lovely friend SB has not stepped in so far Sam, I am happy now anyway with his explanation on MnM s strategy of Quanto

Still I have full respect for Xylo and Quanto looks like a half cooked chicken to me[lol]

wonderful wonderful wonderful [clap]

what a comprehensive review IR

BTW 1 Q which is still not asked on this thread to you is about real time mileage:

How many days did you have this test vehcile with you and were you able to get realtime mileage in PUNE-MUMBAI conditions??

Because some people like Nuthan are claiming to get 20 / 21 in some of their threads

Just interested to know if you got anywhere close to the twenties?? or some saner numbers?

Also how did the venhicle fare in the typical Pune, Mumbai road Ghat sections?
Ankx

Thread Starter #59

Thanks Ankx I am pretty sure the Quanto can easily give in the range of 16-18 kmpl in highways - with a light foot even better - as the test encompasses various different test cases its not the best judge of real world F.E. I would rather rely on multiple ownership reviews.

As long as you downshift early in the ghat sections its easy - i.e staying in the turbo zone, Its pretty decent up to 100kmph at highways though wind noise intrudes beyond that.

@Iron Rock;Gurrala74: The wind noise aspect has made me curious. If the Xylo is a brick, then the Quanto is like a slightly smaller brick. I wonder if the word 'aerodynamics' is banned at M&M R&D Centre at Nasik.

By any chance do you two know the Cd figure of the Quanto?

Top Bottom