Mahindra Quanto Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Re: Mahindra Quanto Road Test Drive Review

@IR

A well written TD report buddy !! covered everything and supported by nice detailed pics.

During our test drive I felt that the ride quality was not so good on regular Mumbai city roads and the body roll when seated in 2nd roll was uncomfortable for me, may be we can't do much this being a Tallboy design again, but suspension could been a bit softer like Ritz[:)].

Jump seats width is less, but have some head room better than Storms jump seats[clap]

Thanks Akash, one would expect body roll as it is derived from the Xylo, however it isnt as pronounced(atleast when compared to the old Xylo) - the suspension definately has been hardened and in way mutes the body roll. For normal daily driving and lane changes there is absolutely nothing to worry, just avoid aggressive mannerisms, the vehicle anyways isnt meant for it.
Ok. That clears up my opinion about the car. I have driven Xylo extensively which is why I was definite that Quanto would have excessive body roll, but now I feel I must go ahead and have an extensive TD of the car.

A well written review Iron Rock thanks for sharing this report, makes our decision more easier with this report, got to know more about Quanto!

Well i would ask you a question, is the Turbo lag troublesome like other cars?
Does the car has good highway manners?

A very exhaustive and detailed review. Kudos IR.

I have always hated the way the Xylo and Quanto looks. However, looking at the pics and looking at the way it is priced, I think it is a sensible option for a family man (wife + parents + 2 small kids) to buy this car/UV if he is on a tight budget. Anyways, if we can have disaster designs like the new Dzire and now the Amaze, the Quanto wont be the odd one out on the road.

Thread Starter #20

@IR

A well written TD report buddy !! covered everything and supported by nice detailed pics.

During our test drive I felt that the ride quality was not so good on regular Mumbai city roads and the body roll when seated in 2nd roll was uncomfortable for me, may be we can't do much this being a Tallboy design again, but suspension could been a bit softer like Ritz[:)].

Jump seats width is less, but have some head room better than Storms jump seats[clap]
Thanks Guralla you are right suspension is pretty hard.

A well written review Iron Rock thanks for sharing this report, makes our decision more easier with this report, got to know more about Quanto!

Well i would ask you a question, is the Turbo lag troublesome like other cars?
Does the car has good highway manners?
No its not troublesome but you need to adapt yourself to the way turbo kicks in, shift late - i would nearly shift post 2k rpm , in some other vehicles driving conservatively i could do this under 1.5k typically without lugging the engine.
Highway and rough road mannerisms are both decent, feels nippy and it can take abuse!

A very exhaustive and detailed review. Kudos IR.

I have always hated the way the Xylo and Quanto looks. However, looking at the pics and looking at the way it is priced, I think it is a sensible option for a family man (wife + parents + 2 small kids) to buy this car/UV if he is on a tight budget. Anyways, if we can have disaster designs like the new Dzire and now the Amaze, the Quanto wont be the odd one out on the road.
Thanks mate its a case of utilitarian value with the Quanto, it might not appease hearts but gives you space and seats at a budget!

Nice review IR. Do you think that last row seating is totally useless or 1 person can sit ?
IS their any way we can compare it with Bolero [:)]

Thread Starter #22

Surfer, the last row is usable if you are not broad shouldered, the photo in the review - the guy is nearly 6 feet but offcourse thin and nimble. Leg space with 2 sitting will be an issue unless both are under 5 5". Headroom is ok but the width of the jump seat is less, easy to fit 2 kids though if you have to.

The comparison with a Bolero becomes tricky (good question actually) - the Bolero has slightly more space(usable) also looks a proper SUV, but comes with a relatively unrefined engine and much less power on tap(power from a view of 0-100kmph ). The Quanto will be much more nippier than it, so even as their costs overlap the purpose of owning them should be different i guess - here is where your priorities comes in.

well dude did you experienced any change with the reading through ddas and the speedometer?
cause i know that non of them finds the mistake in this
hope you got my point ?

Thread Starter #24

well dude did you experienced any change with the reading through ddas and the speedometer?
cause i know that non of them finds the mistake in this
hope you got my point ?
Please correct me if i am wrong, are you talking of any difference between the analog speedometer and the digital speed display on the DDAS ?

Re: Mahindra Quanto Pictorial Review

An odd looking cap at the rear door housing inner hinge bolts. Access could have been offered from inside the door plastic.

Trivia: This is actually a hinge used to fix the rear door in its place on the assembly line. Crude, no?

C'mon Iron[cheers], TAI needs more reviews like this one! Great job done. Way to go! Adding reps.

@Gurrala74: Could you please elaborate more about the body roll that you had experienced while on the test drive? Thanks.

p.s.: But I still won't ever buy a Quanto [sleep].

Last edited:

@Sam,

I will try and put it in my own words, but mind you of my english is not that good buddy !!

So my feeling is called bodyroll or something else I do not know, I have experienced body roll on my Ritz too

When we took the TD of Quanto in Mumbai, when I was driving, I was able to experience every small hole of height on the road with my legs and seat, so this is something to do with the ride quality, while on the corners, there is a feeling of the car body is going ahead of us and tilting to a side and it looks like your going to fall down with the car, I often experience this in my Ritz while on some good speed and trying to turn the car.

When I was seated in 2nd row of Quanto(I never got a chance to sit in 2nd row in my car) I have noticed this feeling of falling down to one side on cornering is more and was bit scary to me that we don't have proper control of the car and it is not planted on the road. After this TD

I drove Dharmesh Punto from Worli to Chembur and the ride was just plain and planted to the road and NO uncomfort of falling ahead which is very good than my Ritz and Quanto too.

Hope I explained it properly[:)]

@Sam,

I will try and put it in my own words, but mind you of my english is not that good buddy !!

So my feeling is called bodyroll or something else I do not know, I have experienced body roll on my Ritz too

When we took the TD of Quanto in Mumbai, when I was driving, I was able to experience every small hole of height on the road with my legs and seat, so this is something to do with the ride quality, while on the corners, there is a feeling of the car body is going ahead of us and tilting to a side and it looks like your going to fall down with the car, I often experience this in my Ritz while on some good speed and trying to turn the car.

When I was seated in 2nd row of Quanto(I never got a chance to sit in 2nd row in my car) I have noticed this feeling of falling down to one side on cornering is more and was bit scary to me that we don't have proper control of the car and it is not planted on the road. After this TD

I drove Dharmesh Punto from Worli to Chembur and the ride was just plain and planted to the road and NO uncomfort of falling ahead which is very good than my Ritz and Quanto too.

Hope I explained it properly[:)]
Thanks a ton for the explanation. I think I have got what you wanted to say. Just a small query - what do you mean when you say " I was able to experience every small hole of height...?"

I guess that would suggest that the ride quality was pathetic; or is it something else?

Good to see your inputs on this thread. Its good for us forum members that we are getting different perspectives on the Quanto due to your age and experience.

Thanks again.

@Sam, I am sorry, it was typo error and read that as " I was able to experience every small path hole / small speed breaker on the road as the impact transferred to my body ", yes it is the feeling of ride quality as was not the same when I was driving Punto/Storme that day. Sorry I have just written exactly how I felt and I am not good at using expert Auto language there[:)]

Top Bottom