Mahindra Quanto Exclusive Launch Coverage (Page: 30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

350Z

Core Team
Yes but even if it has, that would be much small than shown in above rendering.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #18
I feel it will look fine if mahindra adds a spare wheel on its rear like in Tata Safari or even Rio.

Shynish, You have a point but would you like to roam around in a car after paying Rs.5 Lakhs which looks absolute ugly?
No for sure! But I believe that this is a scoop only (probably made by M&M themselves to create a hype just like the Apple guys). They can not make a production version which is just a scaled down version of Xylo, just because even a kid can see that it will look ugly!

We have to link and read the M&M's fight with US officials for their product launch (part of the issue was the inheritance of Jeep models). Somehow M&M is planning to launch the models in US by end of this year. I somehow have feeling that M&M is nowadays designing products with global market in mind. I am sure if at all they are making some thing like this, its going to have a new face. So that they can place these models against popular existing players abroad.

I feel it will look fine if mahindra adds a spare wheel on its rear like in Tata Safari or even Rio.
I too agree mate !

Hey Shynish din you take a look at the spy shot pictures on the previous page?

The car looks the same like Xylo at least from the front.

350Z

Core Team
No for sure! But I believe that this is a scoop only (probably made by M&M themselves to create a hype just like the Apple guys). They can not make a production version which is just a scaled down version of Xylo, just because even a kid can see that it will look ugly!

We have to link and read the M&M's fight with US officials for their product launch (part of the issue was the inheritance of Jeep models). Somehow M&M is planning to launch the models in US by end of this year. I somehow have feeling that M&M is nowadays designing products with global market in mind. I am sure if at all they are making some thing like this, its going to have a new face. So that they can place these models against popular existing players abroad.
Might be. We can leave a scope to think about that as well. However the pictures are translating a different story altogether but yes, we never know what’s under the disguised clothing, because manufacturers have become smart enough, like recently Volkswagen is testing Vento with ford like oval emblems!

Drive Safe,
350Z

This news is confirmed by economictimes.
And i feel its a good move. If they design well enough and keep the mascular effect, it could be a big hit. Afterall so many people can't afford the Scorpios/Safaris, but they like to have it.

Mini Xylo to take on compact cars
Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) is looking to do a Nano by rolling out the country’s first sub Rs 5-lakh sports-utility vehicle — a compact version of the Xylo — this year, two people familiar with the development said.

The country’s largest utility vehicle maker is quietly working on introducing a mini version of the Xylo in the Rs 4.5-5 lakh range, or 35-40% cheaper than the existing base model, by 2011, they said on condition of anonymity.

The company hopes to achieve this by shortening the length of the vehicle to within four metres so it attracts a lower excise duty of 10% compared to 22% for bigger cars and utility vehicles, they said.

Mahindra & Mahindra officials declined to comment.

If it manages to bring down the Xylo’s price to less than Rs 5 lakh, the SUV will enter a price band that accounts for 60% of the country’s car sales and directly compete with compact cars such as the Maruti Suzuki WagonR, A-Star, Hyundai Santro, i10, GM Beat, Ford Figo, Fiat Punto and Tata Indica.

When it launched the Xylo in January 2009, M&M wanted the vehicle to challenge mid-level sedans, or three-box cars. Now it wants the mini Xylo to take on mid-level hatchbacks, or compact cars.

The compact Xylo will sport a much smaller engine than the 2.5-litre diesel engine that powers the vehicle now and Mahindra is yet to decide on the number of seats in the new vehicle, said one person close to the development.

Compact SUV market is an untapped segment in India where the only available vehicle is the recently launched Rio, a 5-seater SUV marketed by Premier. It uses body parts from a Chinese auto company Zotye and is priced in a range of Rs 5.6-6 lakh. Premier has sold around 200 Rios since January 2010.
Source - Mini Xylo to take on compact cars-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

This news is confirmed by economictimes.
And i feel its a good move. If they design well enough and keep the mascular effect, it could be a big hit. Afterall so many people can't afford the Scorpios/Safaris, but they like to have it.[/url]
Right on target!!!!!! well said RSM [clap]. But as all of us agreed the front should go for a change and I am sure they will do it after seeing all the criticism on the design of XYLO [frustration]

If they design well enough and keep the mascular effect, it could be a big hit. Afterall so many people can't afford the Scorpios/Safaris, but they like to have it.

More than the 'affordable' part, a sensible buyer will think on the 'practicality' and the question whether it is 'really needed'. For example, I like drive a Jeep any day probably because I learned driving in that one and I was using it for a long time. The size of a Jeep is perfect for City driving too. But when it comes to SUV, things are little different. So a Jeep sort of vehicle which can offer the comfort of a car has lot of potential in Indian market. It is actually an untapped segment. IMO, a short version of Xylo will score here and as you said, if its looks good and comes with all the safety features; probably I will be one of the buyers !

AMG

Suspended
Yes they are.
they have got presence in Milan and some place in France(forgot the name)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom