Mahindra Quanto Exclusive Launch Coverage (Page: 30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vishwas

Looking at your requirements, A good hatch will do as a 5 seater and how do we call Quanto as 7 seater[surprise]

If you want a seven seater, then Ertiga is a best bet !!
Ertiga is equally bad as the Quanto, at-least you could put the baggage(medium sizes) and sit on the bench seats, whereas in Ertiga, you got have no other choice to put even the mid size bags or suitcases but in your lap only.

Even, I think the same Dharmesh !! what exactly he want to convey[confused]

Buddy it doesn't mean you own a Quanto, so it becomes the greatest of all !!

I agree if you are happy with your Quanto !! which is subjective here
He as an owner has given his points, so what's wrong here?? i think you people should read his posts again before commenting.

A person's views, needs differ a lot when it comes to buy a car which is 5+ lakhs, so he's got the car according to him and it is serves him very well which we can see through his ownership review.

Ertiga is equally bad as the Quanto, at-least you could put the baggage(medium sizes) and sit on the bench seats, whereas in Ertiga, you got have no other choice to put even the mid size bags or suitcases but in your lap only.

He as an owner has given his points, so what's wrong here?? i think you people should read his posts again before commenting.

A person's views, needs differ a lot when it comes to buy a car which is 5+ lakhs, so he's got the car according to him and it is serves him very well which we can see through his ownership review.
+100 Vishwas

We are following Nuthan's post since he started the thread about his Scorpio got stolen and we have appreciated on his new Quanto and its features, you can refer our posts on the same.

Now this is a general thread talks about Quanto, its pros and cons. This discussion about Ertiga started in reply to your query and nothing else.

I have seen both the vehicles Ertiga and Quanto and sat in them. So it is my subjective opinion about the space and others in reply to those pics posted by one of our member, so it is nothing to do with Nuthan's experience of his Quanto, Yes if he is happy with his requirements and Quanto fulfils them more than good, but when he spoke about Ertiga and its space and performance the replies been posted

wow dude i wasn knowin ? Yes . Suppose if we had extra 2persons means we would have used last row . And well for that . Even in erti also last row is for kids . Only . Check once and make it conform by urself . And in the middle row . Cant sit wit full comfort. And coming to performance ? Wat you say ?

Nuthan, we can understand the last rows are always required when there is a real need, I have seen people try to squeeze in 2nd row many times even there is a full last row empty. But believe me last row of Ertiga is not strictly for kids but it's well suited for average built Indians. I own a Ertiga and traveled with full family including last rows and none of us had any complain , reason may be our expectation from Ertiga is like Ertiga not as Inova.

But Quanto cannot be used as 7 seater for a long drive even kids will not feel comfortable there in those jump seats. The first and 2nd rows are real big and no one can deny it. But at same time no one can accept the last two jump seats serve any good purpose except occasional short trip.

Nuthan, we can understand the last rows are always required when there is a real need, I have seen people try to squeeze in 2nd row many times even there is a full last row empty. But believe me last row of Ertiga is not strictly for kids but it's well suited for average built Indians. I own a Ertiga and traveled with full family including last rows and none of us had any complain , reason may be our expectation from Ertiga is like Ertiga not as Inova.

But Quanto cannot be used as 7 seater for a long drive even kids will not feel comfortable there in those jump seats. The first and 2nd rows are real big and no one can deny it. But at same time no one can accept the last two jump seats serve any good purpose except occasional short trip.
quanto - first 1 rows- class leading.

Quanto- last row- class degrading a midget also will feel uncomfertable its actually a joke against us for the fasination for more seats.

Friends

The ERTIGA is really a class leading vehicle and has been a Game changer in India for the UV/MUV segment. Also it is miles better in terms of Fit n Finsih and Finesse in handling and dynamics, because it has SUZUKI written all over it. This is after all a product from the MS stable in India

The QUANTO is an attempt by an Indian manufacturer to change the Game in the sub 4 metre category by inserting a SUV-ish looking vehicle and attract the Big premium hatch + start up sedan category to sit up and take notice and finally convert that into good sales. That said the QUANTO is not well proportioned and is not a looker at all. But it has changed all that with VFM Pricing [clap]

Let us appreciate both cars and the Value they both have brought to the Table and at the end of the day, if someone haas benifited out of all this, It is WE the consumer back in India (David and Goliath i may say) [:D]

Let us give credits to both manufacturers for both these vehicles and also everybody has a personal taste which plays a major role in buying cars as well

If the above was not the case we would all have only M-800s & Bajaj supers

Last edited:
Guys leave aside everything, my question is for all those who have driven the Quanto.

Is it only me or others too have felt that though Quanto is slow off the line but the vehicle offers a fantastic driveability??
I mean I have felt that, the vehicle has a really wide powerband or say torque spread and it really requires very less gearshifts. OVERALL, I FOUND THE VEHICLE WELL DRIVEABLE, THOUGH INTERIOR QUALITY, FIT AND FINISH IS AN ISSUE.

Yes you are rite . May me thats my problem as erti was my 2nd vehicle which i got for scorpio/innova , thats the matter which i felt regardin the issue wit the performance . And Yes now after driving the new rexton(autotransmission) i felt its awesome when compare to our one year old silver colour cheeta(xuv by Jan 24th) but still waiting for the manual transmiss of rexton . It was really awesome to drive that vehicle . . It depends guys . Sorry if any one felt my comments are wrong
Guys leave aside everything, my question is for all those who have driven the Quanto.

Is it only me or others too have felt that though Quanto is slow off the line but the vehicle offers a fantastic driveability??
I mean I have felt that, the vehicle has a really wide powerband or say torque spread and it really requires very less gearshifts. OVERALL, I FOUND THE VEHICLE WELL DRIVEABLE, THOUGH INTERIOR QUALITY, FIT AND FINISH IS AN ISSUE.
Yes agree with you except for the interior quality and finish . The driveability is really awesome . And Yes doesn require much gearshift . For me i use
20 2nd gear
20-40 3rd gear
40-50 4th gear
50+ to 80 5thgear 80is my last speed . Even in highway or free roads also

Last edited:
Today saw a quanto on the road, which was silver in color. It looked quite good. This is the first quanto I saw in Pune.

Today saw a quanto on the road, which was silver in color. It looked quite good. This is the first quanto I saw in Pune.
Till now have almost seen every shade of quanto on roads with mostly in white, java brown and silver ones, also have seen that weird green too.[frustration]

Till now have almost seen every shade of quanto on roads with mostly in white, java brown and silver ones, also have seen that weird green too.[frustration]
Well me too I saw all I think in Mumbai red , silver , black , brown is their some green too ? [confused]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom