Mahindra NuvoSport AMT Drive Review

Thread Starter #16

Akash1886

Honoured Member
A well deserved 5* for the review, not the vehicle.
Thank you Vinod Ji, Sir, every TD review that is written by me so far is a stepping stone towards becoming more and more knowledgeable with regards to cars. The team of TAI and Vibhor have always supported me and appreciated my efforts. I on my part always make an effort to bring latest info in regards to cars and bikes. I do not shy away from learning the art of perfection. It is the experienced members of TAI who have helped me to raise my standards of automotive knowledge every time [thumbsup]. I do not nit pick on any contribution at TAI rather I always appreciate the contribution which every member makes in TAI. Afterall, everyone learns from mistakes.

I think the rationale for M&M launching this thing is to keep the customer in the showroom a la Maruti, cannibalization or not TUV is beginning to loose steam, lets see how things pan out for this company for the so called 3 SUV new launches.
Sir, you also know, in today's time buyers have way more knowledge and in today's date, products like Nuvosport will add to confusion and in that confusion Mahindra's own deserving product might see few takers as any common buyer will evaluate the offerings of all brands here and then take a call. If TUV and Nuvosport compete, some people will go for Nuvosport as well sighting the pricing no matter even if the difference is 50-70K.

Regards

Akash

As Always Great Review by Akash Sir[clap].
First of all Front looks like Mini Scorpio/Modified Scorpio to me but when we see side & rear pics, its Quanto...a poorly design failed product by Mahindra.
Interior design is same as Quanto & here Mahindra is using same button, faux carbon dashboard from other Mahindra product. With Plastic quality & panel gaps it surely don't look like Rs 10 lakhs vehicle at all. TUV3OO is much better vehicle compare to Nuvosport.

Sorry to add back to back post. (Admin please merge these post)

One another thing I notice about Mahindra. Nuvosport is a vehicle worth Rs 10 lakhs but it's loaded with Leather seats, where Mahindra SCORPIO's Top Model S10 is about Rs 16-17 Lakhs does not have Leather seats.
That proves Mahindra provide feature as per vehicle status in market, not as per price bracket.
They know people will buy SCORPIO because it is famous among people but Nuvosport may be get less response so they gave small small goodies to attract more n more customers. Its a Marketing strategy but its Awkward.

Attachments

Very nice review. You deserve 5 star.

Coming to the Nuvosport, I still feel there is lot of improvements needed especially in the interior. Mahindra should consider revising the overall design. I got only one chance till date to travel in a xylo and that too was a taxi. Almost all the parts were dislodged and it was one horrible experience sitting inside it (no offense xylo owners, its just a personal opinion and I am only talking about the aesthetics). They got a huge opportunity to change it like what they did on the new scorp, but they did not.

Thread Starter #22

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Coming to the Nuvosport, I still feel there is lot of improvements needed especially in the interior. Mahindra should consider revising the overall design. I got only one chance till date to travel in a xylo and that too was a taxi. Almost all the parts were dislodged and it was one horrible experience sitting inside it (no offense xylo owners, its just a personal opinion and I am only talking about the aesthetics). They got a huge opportunity to change it like what they did on the new scorp, but they did not.
Of-Course, Nuvosport needs improvement in Interior quality for the price it is being offered and in the segment it is being offered. As of the experience, I would say, upkeep of the vehicle matters alot. Fleet owner don't take much care of their cars and the situation becomes worse for passengers. Indeed Mahindra did have a good opportunity and had they provided better performing engine and transmission, better interiors, projectors in top variant and some other small but significant features, this could have been a product worth considering.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #23

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

I had visited the Mahindra dealer today. Upon asking one the executive there about the response the Nuvo Sport is getting, I was told, buyers are opting for TUV at large than Nuvosport. Being of same segment, people still are preferring TUV over Nuvosport. The response to Nuvosport in their dealership has been lukeworm. Also, many people are not convinced with the looks of Nuvosport in comparison to TUV.

Regards

Akash

Day before yesterday I saw Nuvosport in flesh. It was that Sunset orange colour. I liked the New Front facia of Nuvosport. Looks like a Mini SCORPIO. Side & back is still Quanto, but bit modified model. Overall Nuvosport looked OK-ok to Me.

Thread Starter #27

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Update

Buddies,

NEW DELHI: Mahindra & Mahindra is recalling an unspecified number of its new generation Scorpio and NuvoSport SUVs to rectify faulty fluid hose in engine compartment.

The proactive inspection and repositioning of a fluid hose in the engine compartment on all new generation Scorpio and NuvoSport will cover all the vehicles manufactured till June 2016
Link

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom