Mahindra Mojo and Mahindra Stallio Revealed

AMG

Suspended
I've been waiting for the Mojo since quite a while now, Sir.

But the issue that is confronting me now is the fact that the seat height seems to be quite low.
And the fact is that I'm quite tall.
So I'll either get this or get a used CBR250R.
I cant afford the Inazuma.

PS: Sir is a status given by virtue of a paerson's actions.
Like I'm studying in NLU Jodhpur. There are teachers in our class who are younger than the students.

Mahindra Is Still Not Done With Testing Mojo 300

It was in 2010 that Mahindra first showcased the Mojo and had the 300cc offering existed in the perfect world, the Indian automaker would be developing its mid-life cycle version right now with learnings from the initial feedback of customers and the arrival of new competition. In most cases, that’s how products are developed in the fast paced consumer driven markets of today. Sure the company isn’t as established as some of the two-wheeler manufacturers we have, but still, five years for a product is a tad stretched, a tad too far.

But it isn’t just the motorcycle itself that has been troublesome for Mahindra 2-Wheelers. Having taken over Kinetic SYM, the pre-dominant UV maker stepped into the two-wheeler category a little over half a decade ago and has been struggling to gain momentum despite some fresh new launches. While its maiden offering the erstwhile Stallio vanished in the wind, its more recent offerings the Centuro and Gusto haven’t been exactly volume pullers either. Hence, for a company to launch an almost Rs. 1.7 lakh (on-road) worth flagship offering does seem optimistic, especially when its entry-level products are struggling against the competition.

That said, the Mojo might just be Mahindra’s saviour in the two-wheeler market. In these recent spy shots that were sent in by our reader Atharv Khambekar from Pune, Mahindra continues to do test runs with the Mojo 300 that boasts of some good tech in addition to the 295cc single-cylinder engine that is capable of producing 27 BHP of power and 25 Nm of torque, paired to a 6-speed gearbox. Suspension duties are performed by USD forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear while the bike gets a LED tail lamp and dual exhausts mounted on either side. The Mojo rides on the very sticky Pirelli tyres on offer that give superlative levels of grip.

Given the extensive test runs of the Mojo across every part of the country, Mahindra is sure to sell quite a few units initially as the world tries to figure out what exactly has the company achieved over a development period of five years. We are sure at some point, the company had seen the Mojo as a Scorpio on two-wheels, given its optimism for the model. Alas! If all goes well and earlier reports are to be believed, Mahindra will finally launch the Mojo 300 in India this year over the next 2-3 months. But will it make a difference? Now that’s a question we want the answer to.

Mahindra Is Still Not Done With Testing Mojo 300 | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Attachments

even today i saw a Mozzo in pune. A mahindra official riding it.
Dont know...what stopping mahindra to lunch this in market.

But i assume by the appearance...that pillion have very limited space on the bike.

Strictly not a family bike.

Does Mahindra have any intention of selling this bike. The period of test drive shows that by this time Mahindra would have got enough knowledge to make a 1L bike .[surprise]

Mahindra Two Wheelers to Launch Mojo in October?

Mahindra first showcased the Mojo in 2011, the year which marked its entry into the two-wheeler arena and since then the company has been working towards bringing the bike to India. The Mojo was all about putting Mahindra on the radar of their consumers.

The Mojo was their flagship bike, but even after close to five years, we haven't really seen it become a part of the line-up in India. And though, Mahindra has been promising time and again that the bike 'will be launched soon' we haven't seen any movement on this; up until now.

The company will be bringing the bike to India this year and it's likely that it'll be launched by October. Considering that the festive season will bring in its share of business, Mahindra might target this month to launch the bike.

Considering that it's taken more than 5 years to see the light of day, there's a lot expected from the Mojo. The production-ready version of the Mojo 300 looks a little different from the concept showcased in 2012. Mahindra had in fact sent it to France to the Peugeot headquarters back in April this year and from what we hear, there's a lot of inputs from the engineers there which have been incorporated.

The front looks more practical with revised twin headlamps. What is also interesting is the digital speedometer with analogue tachometre with a shift light and low fuel warning indicators.
The Mojo also gets radial brakes, USD forks and Pirelli Sport Demon tyres. Powering the bike is a liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, single cylinder engine that mated to a 6-speed transmission, churns out a maximum power output of 27bhp. It will all come down to the way it rides and frankly, we can't wait to see what Mahindra has done with it.

In fact in an interview with NDTV, Rajesh Jejurikar, President & Chief Executive, Farm Equipment & Two Wheeler, Mahindra & Mahindra said, "The Mojo is Mahindra's flagship model and we don't expect to be a volume seller, but it will be an example of what Mahindra is capable of."

When launched the Mahindra Mojo will be pitted against the likes of Ninja 300 and the Duke 390.

Source: www.auto.ndtv.com

I still cannot digest the design of the headlight assembly.
Reminds me of Suzuki Inazuma where the bike was excellent but the headlight assembly was a disastrous .
But lets hope for the best for M&M .

With some brilliant models like Century, Pantero, Duro, Rodeo and many more failure stories. Mahindra is already struggling in the two wheeler market (I guess even Royal Enfield sells more motorcycles per month) and then they launch this. I am thinking how many people will even go to TD one? Buying one is an entirely different thing.

Mahindra Mojo is gonna be a wait and watch game. It has undergone 5 yrs of testing and finally its getting ready for the launch. Since Mahindra two Wheeler doesn't attract much attention as Bajaj,Hero,.. etc does they need to start a good advertisement campaign like the one Bajaj did for their first generation Pulsar & its face-lifts. Mojo carries good specs, So it all depends on how they promote.

Update: Media reports have been claiming Mahindra Mojo power has been bumped to over 30 bhp, but sources have confirmed that the upright sports tourer packs no more than 27 bhp max power and 30 Nm peak torque.

Below, image( from a video recording) taken by one of the aspiring customers who has received the Mojo for a comprehensive test ride and feedback. The bike reaches a speedo indicated top speed of 155 kmph. With only around 1,000 rpm left for the needle to travel, we can assume Mojo can’t clock past 165 kmph.

Source: Indian Cars Bikes - New Cars, Upcoming Bikes, News, Auto Reviews, Scoops, Latest Images & Road Test Reports

Attachments

Tester shares Mahindra Mojo’s riding impressions :

The feedback from the tester to Motorbeam states that the high torque output helps the motorcycle to climb steep slopes with relative ease, the suspension setup is “amazing,” the ABS brakes feel “better than the Honda CBR250R’s,” the Pirelli tyres provide “excellent grip in dry weather and wet conditions alike,” the ergonomics are “spot on which make it a better tourer than any other bike in the segment” and the twin pod headlamp “illuminates without scatter.” The rider stated that the Mojo returns 30 kilometers to the liter

Source : Motorbeam

Top Bottom