Mahindra Logan Renamed as Verito (Short Version Soon)

Logan Taxi

In India, unfortunately, TAXI label has a bad name. Actually ,if a vehicle is selected for TAXI/FLEET operation, it means it is the most relaible and cheap to maintain vehicle. TAXI operators cannot afford to have breakdowns affecting their eranings which is directly proportional to the vehicle being on the road and running. Also they cannot affird to pay exhorbitants amounts to maintain teir vehucles like filters , oils etc. Logan is a winner across all fronts - Reliability , Cheap to maintain, excellent comfort in Indian roads and huge boot space .....that's why it is a perfered TAXI.

Across the world customers look at the TAXI operation and assess the vehicle - the most famous TAXI across Europe being the Mercedes-Benz !

So if you want all the best things in a car , you need to look for a TAXI operated model....

Logan is a great car in terms of reliability. Only its looks are not gud especially its rear.Otherwise its a great car in terms of FE too.

Thread Starter #18

350Z

Core Team
Carmaker Mahindra Renault on Tuesday said it will launch a new variant of its sedan Logan at the upcoming Auto Expo in

The new variant -- Logan Tourer -- will be available in both petrol and diesel variants and will be priced Rs 5.5 lakh and upwards, the company said in a statement.

Logan Tourer has been conceptualised and co-branded in collaboration with baggage maker VIP, it added.

Source: Economic Times
Drive Safe,
350Z

I hope they havent designed this one as a suitcase.:lol!:But why a collaboration with a baggage making company?

I hope its not the other way round- "buy a vip baggage and get a logan free".
@350Z - any info about the reason of such unique collaboration?
This collaboration will suit well in the jokes section. Everytime i read this article i get naughty comments in my mind but restrict myself from posting since it will be OT.

According to Nalin Mehta, CEO, Mahindra-Renault Pvt Ltd, the new Logan Tourer will feature plush interiors and innovative enhancements. Speaking about the company's co-branding with VIP, he said that the idea was to combine the luggage maker's trustworthiness with the Logan's reliability, space and robustness in order to give customers an enhanced package offering. He further said that the new variant adds a whole new dimension of fun and adventure to the Logan's existing value proposition of space, and fuel efficiency.

Is it just an idea to show off the reliability of Logan or the VIP has worked on the interiors.

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team
This collaboration sounds mis-matched, Just that both makers will benefit and gain publicity from each other. Let us see what Logan Tourer has stored-in for us.
And Yes, Who knows we may see a scheme, Buy a Logan and take away VIP suitcase for free. :wink:

Drive Safe,
350Z

I wish they have worked harder on exteriors than before. It wasnt the interior but the outer styling which minimized the sales.

Thread Starter #27

350Z

Core Team
Logan Tourer

Mahindra Renault will launch a new variant called Logan Tourer at the upcoming 2010 Auto Expo. The Logan Tourer would be available both in petrol and diesel options and in 3 colors – java brown, mist silver and diamond white.

Logan Tourer was conceptualised as a co-branding in collaboration with VIP, India’s leading luggage brand, a tie-up that ensures the consumer gets all he’ll need for that long drive with his family: great fuel efficiency best in class comfort of space, good ride and handling characteristics, and to top it all, even luggage specially designed for Logan by VIP, making it a complete long drive car.

“The new Logan Tourer features plush interior and innovative enhancements. Our idea behind co-branding with VIP was to combine its trustworthiness with Logan’s reliability, space and robustness in order to give our customers the satisfaction of an enhanced packaged offering This adds a whole new dimension of fun and adventure to the Logan’s existing value proposition of space, fuel efficiency and economy.” said Mr. Nalin Mehta, Chief Executive Officer, Mahindra Renault Pvt. Ltd.

The new Logan Tourer will be available at all Mahindra Renault dealerships across India.

According to Mahindra-Renault's official release, "Logan Tourer has a high end music system that enables hands free telephony via Bluetooth, and also sports USB/iPod connectivity. Coupled with color coordinated seat covers, rich wood finish centre fascia and end rack, floor mats and an enhanced carpet, the vehicle also sports fog lamps in the mid variant,, which were earlier in the top end versions. Additionally the car has new 14 inch wheel caps and black B pillar strips to add to the exterior look."

Source: Wheelsunplugged

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Hmm.. Its not quite an enthrilling move from Renualt.

Logan is almost dead & now needs an make over. All of us knows its has class leading space, But co-branding with VIP is anyway not making to impact on the sales charts.

And the current Logan has a lot of carry-over baggage (wrong word to use here!!) which is very irritating, the biggest of which I guess is the wipers which go in the opposite direction!!

Thread Starter #30

350Z

Core Team
Long time, No update on Logan Tourer? Click here for full details on car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Top Bottom