Mahindra Logan Renamed as Verito (Short Version Soon)

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
I've been waiting for this facelift from last April when it was due for launch. I waited and waited, Seems like that wait will be soon over now, As Autocar India reports :

The Mahindra-Renault Logan has many talents but its looks are not one of them. Designed as a low-cost car, it also inherited the looks of a low-cost car and is probably the reason a lot of saloon car buyers shied away from it.

The face-lift was inevitable and the results, we must say, are good. It includes sleeker bumpers, a wider grille up-front, clear-lens headlamps and modified tail-lamps at the rear. The rear also gets a thick chrome strip to help break the monotony of the huge bootlid.

The update continues on the interiors too, with the cleaner, richer centre console, new dials, better looking switches and two-tone interiors. We expect it to come with a price tag starting from Rs 5.1 lakh (a minor price hike) and is expected to be out in market by early 2010.
Drive Safe!
350Z

Attachments

I think this is the same story as that of Sumo. Both have been marked as taxi stuff and its extremely difficult to sell in large numbers after that.
This is purely my opinion.

Vroom

The looks are still outdated!

I think Renault should probably launch the Next Gen Logan rather than face-Lifted ones!

I think this is the same story as that of Sumo. Both have been marked as taxi stuff and its extremely difficult to sell in large numbers after that.
This is purely my opinion.
I recently visited mumbai and was shocked to see logan's used as taxi!!! we dont have any logan taxi's here in chennai!!!

And yeah even i feel the face-lift is not going to disturb the sales charts!!

Even in Bengaluru, everytime I call for the Meru cab, its a Logan.

Vroom
Things are changing very fast. All the Meru taxis are moving from Logan to Tata Indigo in Bangalore.

After new internation airport opened, Meru and Easycab launched fleet of Logan. Meru is moving to Indigo, easycabs are still Logan.

Things are changing very fast. All the Meru taxis are moving from Logan to Tata Indigo in Bangalore.

After new internation airport opened, Meru and Easycab launched fleet of Logan. Meru is moving to Indigo, easycabs are still Logan.
Whatever it is, i still like the logan inspite of its dated looks. It really has some features which its rivals dint have at the time of its launch. Trip Computer for example.
But then, it dint have remote boot release.!![shock]
And i remember, when it was launched, and i drove it, the accelarator pedal had a curve under it for full travel. The factory people overlooked it while carpetting, which resulted in awfull performance. Only when the carpetting was removed from that area, full performance was gained.
Quirky ehh??

Taxi drivers doesn't care about looks. The purpose should be solved. Logan has a huge boot, so they started, but somehow all taxi people has believe in Tata.

Taxi drivers doesn't care about looks. The purpose should be solved. Logan has a huge boot, so they started, but somehow all taxi people has believe in Tata.
well, ownership of renault mahindra Logan is on the higher side compared to Tata vehicles, may be a reason tata is more believed then logan.

Thats strange!! i still have not not seen even a single logan cab in chennai!!!
That's because Mahindras' in our state was never sold as taxis. But now, taxis permit is available. I've seen a Logan and Scorpio in Coimbatore.

But then, it dint have remote boot release.!![shock]?
You can always install a remote boot release for 500rs.

But i think, they will offer it as standard in the face lift.

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
The revised model is much better I say. The clean detailed exterior looks is what Logan needs. Interiors are damn spacious! but design is not something to get excited about. This new version with few attractive features and price should help Logan to Pick up the sales back.

New Logan -

Current Logan -

Drive Safe!
350Z

The new Logan is Okay!

All the sharp edges have been carved off to give a smooth finish!

But ASS is one of the segment highest!

if renault does something about the rear end of logan, the car will surely look a lot better than its current face.

Top Bottom