Mahindra Logan Renamed as Verito (Short Version Soon)

I think logo is also changed from Renault to Mahindra....otherwise you can see Renault logo on all Previous Logan..
Yes thats true they have changed the logo. [frustration]
well the reason being their joint venture ending up with renault, which is why they named it new to verito cause they cannot use Logan name as well which is branding of renault.

Thread Starter #77

350Z

Core Team
Earlier, many thought Etios was inspired from the Logan. And now, even M&M have taken inspiration from the Etios, especially the rear of Verito.The Verito has that chrome strip on few of its variants.
Absolutely true. At least the Etios looks far much better.

I think logo is also changed from Renault to Mahindra....otherwise you can see Renault logo on all Previous Logan..
That's what the hoopla is all about. :smile:

Quite surprising that Verito Play is not available in BS-IV.

verito-play.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

sir, sorry to say but mahindra has got quite good numbers of sales of its logan primarily in taxi segment and is doing good as well in down south.
Buddy so you can agree with me that Logan has got it's major chunk of sale in taxi sector. But the question remains here is whether the taxi sector in India is bigger than the mass public? IMO it's not, that's the reason why the likes of Dezires & Manzas are still doing good in the mass public.
Without mentioning any brand I can say one thing, CARS should always made for mass public, taxi segment is just a part of the game. Otherwise those brands will sideline in a short span of time for sure.

What mahindra missed was its poorly pricing policy as well as marketing strategies.
There you are. I second you on this thought.
With full respect, M&M doesn't know to brand any of their product in a well manner. They never made any massive ad campaign like TATA's are famous for. They have got huge success for Scorpio & Xylo in the gap which Qualis was made with it's way out. Both those products are apt for a country like India where people always love to be with family.

Buddy so you can agree with me that Logan has got it's major chunk of sale in taxi sector. But the question remains here is whether the taxi sector in India is bigger than the mass public? IMO it's not, that's the reason why the likes of Dezires & Manzas are still doing good in the mass public.
Without mentioning any brand I can say one thing, CARS should always made for mass public, taxi segment is just a part of the game. Otherwise those brands will sideline in a short span of time for sure.
well i do sort of agree with you here but not completely, remember all taxi's running across nation are well proven ones with running more then lacs of kms on board which proves the vehicle upright, but for masses what company needs to do is better campaining which here as well mahindra didnt even showcased single adds on commercials,newspaper whatsoever, all this new verita was launched silently which isnt a good thing in this market for sure.
Also the reason behind logan not doing so good was pricing along with its plane jane looks inside aswell as outside, example was tata indigo as well which was not stunning as well but tata's VFM strategy along with better marketing partners did well for them and didnt for mahindra.

What i feel mahindra should do is make some good facelifts with the looks of new Verito rather then just name,give better interiors as well as some changes in its exteriors like etios which took the masses like strom, along with its brand value which is much higher for this price range.

i dont have anything to except bad move mahindra!! [thumbsdown] this will not do anything great for logan!!

I think the only reason the Logan failed to sell in numbers was initially people feared about Renault's A.S.S and high pricing. But now since Mahindra has taken over , spares wont be a problem and they priced it also quite well.

But still i would have expected something new from Mahindra. See what Ford did to its Fiesta and Hyundai did to its new fluidic Verna , Mahindra could have done something like that.

Thread Starter #86

350Z

Core Team
Mahindra is soon going to launch the much awaited sub-four meter variant of Verito. This was confirmed in a statement by Mr.Pawan Goenka.

While one will be a refreshed version, the other one will be a smaller car that will be sub-four metre in length. Besides, M&M will introduce a new sports utility vehicle by December this year
Drive Safe,
350Z

I think with the refreshed version they should work on the looks more and place the car a segment higher than Verito to make it compete against the premium sedans.

W201 is going to launched only by December is it?

Top Bottom