Mahindra Logan Renamed as Verito (Short Version Soon)

amaan the rear bumper is not at all clean. its because of the shade that it appears so.
Look at the rest of the car sriharsha. Look at the car from the tail-light onwards. It is absolutely covered in a thick layer of dust. And then look right below the right tail-light, the bumper is so shiny and reflective! How is that possible? A car completely covered in dust has a super-clean bumper! The PS job on this pic is easily visible. Look how the tail-light fuses into the body. There are no clear lines. Can you find any? It just seems as if the boot of another Logan has been slapped onto this Logan's picture.

The news and the pictures are probably true. I visited a bookstore a couple of days ago, and read the BSMotoring magazine, where i found these extra pictures. And believe me, the picture in the book shows that the car is not photoshopped. The boot has actually been chopped off! The car is really coming i guess, because that photo leaves no doubt at all. I am attaching a few spy pics i managed to click from my lousy phone camera (photography is not allowed in the store [rules] ) Hope you guys get an idea of what i am talking about.

Attachments

Its Photoshop or not, the information is absolutely correct.
The Mahindra and Renault decided to do same, cut short the car, reduce the CC of engine and cost.

Oh well then if the boot is reduced then it will probably come with a 1.2 or 1.3L engine and the excise duty cut benefit will be passed on to the customers!!

Going by the pics, the chop job looks awkward. If this is true, then i'd have to reserve my comments until i see the car in metal. I'm not sure about how these things are going to workout for Mahindra-Renault. Renault badly needs the new Logan with its own network.

Thread Starter #52

350Z

Core Team
The overall length of Logan is 4247 mm, So I was wondering if Renault does really needs to chop that much of boot to accommodate it under 4 meters of Length?

Drive Safe,
350Z

well..that doesn't looks photoshop job. how can someone chop a boot so clearly in PS when there is a big grill coming in front? btw, logan looks ulgier now. better launch the full hatchback version!!

Thread Starter #56

350Z

Core Team
Current Logan hasn't received the BS-4 Treatment yet and dealers have no clue if something like a chopped boot Logan is even coming or not.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Things are changing very fast. All the Meru taxis are moving from Logan to Tata Indigo in Bangalore.

After new internation airport opened, Meru and Easycab launched fleet of Logan. Meru is moving to Indigo, easycabs are still Logan.

You right RSM, when I came for my vacation, I saw only Logan taxis available in Airport. Don't know whether those were Meru or Easy Cab!

I didn't like this 'chopped' version of Logan. they should seep the same boot I think. IMO, they are not going to change the chassis or invest more unless they are clear about the JV. Probably they will go for a face lift, just as MSIL used to do.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #59

350Z

Core Team
Hefty Discounts for Mahindra Logan

We're still unsure whether Mahindra will launch the Logan with chopped boot or but one thing has been fully confirmed that Mahindra has offered hefty discounts starting from Rs.27,000 to 80,000 on Logan BS III and Rs.24,000 to 70,000 for BS IV models which go on effect from today itself. Is this a new ray of hope for revival of Logan?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #60

350Z

Core Team
Re: Faclifted Logan Coming, Edit: Now with Shortened Boot!

Almost a year passed discussing about the launch of New Logan and here we go with a new set of information again. Mahindra will be now taking down the name ‘Renault’ from their 150 dealerships and all the operations will be starting anew. This means that new Logan would too wear Mahindra logo and the possibility of sub-four meter length version is on the higher side. But when is the new Logan going to launch? Please don’t ask!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom