Mahindra Launches Verito Hatchback Named Vibe!

Re: Mahindra To Launch Verito Hatchback Named Vibe Next Month!

I dont think so that the Verito Hatchback will beat the high selling Maruti Suzuki Swift .

I dont think so that the Verito Hatchback will beat the high selling Maruti Suzuki Swift .
It is not even expected to sell half as much as the Swift!

To be honest, this is not a bad design. I have seen uglier cars, especially in this segment.

The USP of the Vibe should be FE with decent performance, space and ride quality... all in an affordable price tag. I can see the base versions being lapped up by the taxi market and this can give the erstwhile Indica a tough fight.

Personally, I would not buy this car, but I do think this wont be a flop.

First hatchback in the country to come with its sedan-counterpart like Wheelbase, else it happens the other way round. Thanks for that the Interior space isn't going to be compromised at the sake of external size.

BTW, Just thinking of what Mahindra advt about this car will say,'A New Hatchback' or 'The New sedan' or 'The New Compact sedan in the Town' !

Keep guessing. :lol!:

It is not even expected to sell half as much as the Swift!

To be honest, this is not a bad design. I have seen uglier cars, especially in this segment.

The USP of the Vibe should be FE with decent performance, space and ride quality... all in an affordable price tag. I can see the base versions being lapped up by the taxi market and this can give the erstwhile Indica a tough fight.

Personally, I would not buy this car, but I do think this wont be a flop.
Quite agree here, but i don't see this a worthy competitor for the Indica because of the cost(including maintenance) and price benefits the latter has,while pricing it like the current sedan version won't suite many buyers.

But from an individual(read private owners) it's some kind of good and somehow manages to hide the taxi look which Indica has achieved.

Thanks for that the Interior space isn't going to be compromised at the sake of external size.
I think Interior space would match that of competitors(spacious hatches) looking by the dimensions.

BTW, Just thinking of what Mahindra advt about this car will say,'A New Hatchback' or 'The New sedan' or 'The New Compact sedan in the Town' !Keep guessing. :lol!:
Most likely to come as an hatchback, but don't know, they might term as a notch-back like what MS did for its new Dzire.

First hatchback in the country to come with its sedan-counterpart like Wheelbase, else it happens the other way round. Thanks for that the Interior space isn't going to be compromised at the sake of external size.

BTW, Just thinking of what Mahindra advt about this car will say,'A New Hatchback' or 'The New sedan' or 'The New Compact sedan in the Town' !

Nice that Mahindra has not followed the bandwagon of strapping a boot to hatch or cutting short a sedan. This is truly a hatchback and if marketed properly should sell in decent numbers. Pricing should be key, if they want to enter taxi segment with this one as present Verito caters mostly to taxi segment.

+1.
A very intelligent move from M&M of not compromising the wheelbase and in turn the interior space, I guess this one can be the perfect notch-back for our market. Competitive pricing is all it would take to eat away great market share from the kings of this segment.

^^^ That said, I wonder why M&M did not follow the conventional approach of chopping the boot of the Logan into half and making it into a CS like the Indigo CS and new Dzire. We have seen some spy shots of test mules of Logan CS.

Yes, I am happy as the Vibe, though not a beautiful car, looks far better than the CS cars around. Yes, with no offence to any owners, I feel this hatch atleast looks better than the new Dzire.

I like the black surrounds of the headlights, the new grille and even the tail lights. I dont care a hoot if its inspired by the Ford Focus. The problem is - the overall silhouette just does not gel well with each other...

On a secondary note, why not launch a top end of the Vibe with all the safety and creature comforts you can think of - 4/6 airbags, ABS with EBD, Cruise control, steering mounted audio controls, reverse sensors, automatic wipers, automatic headlights, tyre pressure monitoring system, etc. It can attract some private buyers.

Last edited:

^^^ That said, I wonder why M&M did not follow the conventional approach of chopping the boot of the Logan into half and making it into a CS like the Indigo CS and new Dzire. We have seen some spy shots of test mules of Logan CS.

Yes, I am happy as the Vibe, though not a beautiful car, looks far better than the CS cars around. Yes, with no offence to any owners, I feel this hatch atleast looks better than the new Dzire.

I like the black surrounds of the headlights, the new grille and even the tail lights. I dont care a hoot if its inspired by the Ford Focus. The problem is - the overall silhouette just does not gel well with each other...

On a secondary note, why not launch a top end of the Vibe with all the safety and creature comforts you can think of - 4/6 airbags, ABS with EBD, Cruise control, steering mounted audio controls, reverse sensors, automatic wipers, automatic headlights, tyre pressure monitoring system, etc. It can attract some private buyers.
you mean to compete with i20 and likes ?

you mean to compete with i20 and likes ?
No ways. This "box" can never compete with the i20, Swift, Polo and the likes.

Maybe to entice private buyers and to be a good alternative to the Indigo, Liva, Ritz, Vista, etc. Yes, all the above mentioned creature comforts should come at an on road price of 7.5 Lacs max! A bit unrealistic, I guess.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #55

Vibe will launched on June-5, Mod's are we covering the event?

IMO they are targeting a wrong customer base. Their target should have been Vista/Indigo CS customers.
Spot on, the USP should be space and mileage like its sibling Verito. Don't how M&M's going to pitch against competition.

350Z

Core Team

A spyshot of Mahindra Verito Vibe. Due credit to our forum member Surendar who shared it on TAI on FB Facebook Group.

Mahindra-Verito-Vibe.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom