Mahindra Developing Compact SUV To Take On Ecosport

Brother I have no idea about the pricing but I feel it will be priced nicely compared relatively to duster .
Lets hope so. I suppose Ford India has learnt a lesson or two by launching Ford Fiesta Global at premium pricing which immediately killed the product.

Regards,
Sankar

M&M working on electric SUVs

Mahindra & Mahindra is reportedly working on electric SUVs both for the Mahindra and SsangYong brands. According to a source, Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles is helping with the development and is using its resources to develop the electric powertrain for both Mahindra and SsangYong.

However, Mahindra Reva doesn’t have any plans of building its own electric SUV. “An electric SUV is possible, but there’s no such plan at this point,” said a senior company official.

M&M’s engineers are also exploring the possibilty of utilising the advantages offered by Mahindra Reva for application in its two-wheeler sectors. Mahindra 2-Wheelers is also working on developing an electric two-wheeler. “That you will see one (electric two-wheeler) is certain,” said Anand Mahindra, chairman, M&M, in July 2012, without commiting to a timeline of its introduction.

M&M working on electric SUVs | News | Autocar India

Attachments

^i feel that is a render.
The the portion of a and b pillar looks like a lift from the vista or a brio.
Also side profile looks disproportionate.

Last edited:
Or maybe using a korando on a 1.5 L engine to make it an M & M product and launching the 2L Engine for international markets as korando worldwide.
This way using the excise benefit to their advantage.

I like the fact that they have managed to make this a 6 seater by removing the centre console and shifting the gear lever onto the dashboard. Clever packaging.

And this one looks cute too, only that it needs bigger tyres, atleast 15". If priced at 5-7 Lacs, we can expect another blockbuster from Mahindra.

Thread Starter #42
Iooks like compact suv is the future market. This is looking mix of xuv, xylo. I think m&m will use xylo platform to build this

It is told to be monocoque. So i do not think it will be sharing the platform with xylo.
The only thing as of now it seems they are sharing is the quantos 3 pot engine.

It is told to be monocoque. So i do not think it will be sharing the platform with xylo.
The only thing as of now it seems they are sharing is the quantos 3 pot engine.
Yes It will be a monocoque chassis and will be launched with Quanto's 1.5L motor which will churn out 98BHP mated to a new 6 speed gearbox. There is also a petrol motor on offer a 1.2L tourbo charged motor which will also have a 6 speed gearbox.

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom